Sponsored

Main reason you purchasing the Bronco? (POLL)

For me, I am mostly purchasing a Bronco because...

• I have love for the iconic brand BRONCO above all else!

Votes: 114 22.2%
  • I have been looking for a Jeep alternative and this is it!

Votes: 131 25.5%
  • I want to be the one in the shiniest new toy on the road!

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • I want/need a new off road vehicle and this is the best one for me!

Votes: 97 18.9%
  • I feel this is a great investment that I will capitalize on!

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • I just like the vehicle and nothing else really.

Votes: 105 20.5%
  • Other (please specify below)

Votes: 45 8.8%

• Total voters

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I travel for work. A lot. As in 3 weeks of every month, a lot (pre-COVID). My territory is the Western US from Colorado to the Pacific Ocean + Hawaii and Alaska. I have seen some beautiful scenery.

Solo.

I really want to be able to experience it with my wife and daughter. I’m hoping the bronco can be used as an overland rig for the beautiful areas out west. Bring them in the summer when my wife is off work and daughter is out of school and just explore. I’m in sales so I can work anywhere I have a signal. Waking up with a view of the Grand Tetons would be awesome. Hitting Yellowstone would be awesome. All without having to take any vacation. That’s the goal.
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our son was going to buy one so his Great Dane would fit when going to the dog park. He passed away at age 21 in June so buying in his honor.

sonofhammer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to KonMari the crap out of my current car that doesn't bring me joy and replace it with something that does.

MallCrawlinBranco

Badlands
First Name
stevo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Other:
1. Manual <- without it I'd be out
2. Capable offroad
3. SUV
4. "AWD" with the badlands M/T as I understand it

Was planning on swapping out my current vehicle for a tacoma in a year or 3 until I started hearing 7spd manual rumors about the bronco. Very disappointed that there is no V6 manual, very happy there is a manual at all.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a Bronco-holic.
End of story.

Sponsored

Tre

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala, Buick Enclave, '77 Suzuki GS750
Your Bronco Model
Base
I could give a whole list of reasons like, it's square like a Defender (hell of a lot less money to buy and maintain) or it's a departure from the other SUV offerings on the market, and it comes in stick, but this is the reality:

It's just plain effing rad. Period.

That's why I want one.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was looking at convertibles because I love the open air experience. Was test driving a Porsche Boxster the weekend before the Bronco announcement In fact. Porsche was too slow (PDK was sweet and I loved the brown though). Once the Bronco was revealed I realized I wanted a vehicle that offers a different driving experience while giving me the top down experience I am looking for.

Ford Bronco Main reason you purchasing the Bronco?  (POLL) B181EC4B-24F5-41BC-AC91-FD7A81B80595

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife wanted an off road vehicle and my Fj is tired, kids are bigger, and 4 doors just makes sense. 4 runner is a bear to add a front bumper and jeeps are so rough riding it’s not that much fun. If we can get the ride quality of the 4 runner and easy modding, open air experience like the jeep it just makes sense. Top it off you can get it from the factory with 35’s we were sold. The old broncos (late 60’s that is) are probably the best looking off road rig we have seen on the trails. Just like the old look.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I want an overland vehicle. Got the itch last fall. Became consumed by the overland scene by watching all these videos of people with the old defender going through the australian outback and iceland and all over Europe. Then they announced the new defender. Stars were aligning. Then I saw it was unibody vs old body on frame design. Then the base price was a bit higher than expected which wasn't as big a deal as this next bit - the engine upgrade price was $13k more. So essentially a base model with a bigger engine starts at $62k. I was out.

Kept watching videos. Saw the 4runner and Tacomas. Watched a ton of jeeps (courtesy of trailrecon on youtube - if you havent watched I suggest checking out that channel). Then the Bronco was announced. I honestly had no idea a new Bronco was coming out and never paid attention to the old Broncos. Not a big Ford guy. I remember it was shown on good morning america. I was in my office when my wife called me over and said "hey check this out". She had no idea what she just did.

Bronco has consumed my life ever since I placed the reservation which was about 20 minutes after I got back in my office. I told her we may be flying out to Iowa to pick it up next summer.
I too have been watching TrailRecon in my spare time, also Dirt Lifestyle (building a cool Discovery) and Overland Bound.
I always liked the Gen 1 Broncos, I had a Jeep Wrangler JKU so didn’t want to go back there, excited about the potential of the new Bronco.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • My Xterra will be 15 years old with almost 200,000 miles on it.
  • I miss having some of the basic creature comforts of a newer car - bluetooth, rearview camera, etc.
  • I still want the same or better off road capability to get to trailheads (I love to hike the Colorado 14ers)
  • The appeal of having the top off is very high since Colorado has some of the best weather in the country (if you actually like seasons, San Diego if you don't)
  • My buddies all have Jeeps or 4Runners so I'd like to be the oddball
  • This is the first car since the Xterra (which came out when I was a senior in high school) that as soon as I saw it, I loved the design
  • Given Jeep's reliability issues (I used to have a '96 Grand Cherokee), I'm looking forward to a more reliable off road star
Chris

Last edited:

Sponsored

bahasad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2017 Nissan Rogue, Yamaha R3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Need a new daily driver after driving a boring nissan rogue for 3+ years (long time for me).
Needs to be an SUV.
Don't want a bland, vanilla cookie cutter soccer mom SUV.
Bronco has heritage, it's a Ford, looks great.
Has aftermarket potential.
Some other stuff I'm interested in are too expensive.

Will make driving to work more fun and especially in inclement weather. Will also be a good complement to my mustang GT

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m having a hard time getting in and out of my corvette. and I’m always rubbing the front bumper bottom at grade changes and have to dodge anything over 2” in height in the road.

the Bronco will eliminate all of these problems.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My F-150 2WD cannot get to many places on the ranch and currently I have to borrow our Foreman's side by side or get the ranch's 4 wheeler from my Uncle to do some needed tasks. The Bronco would allow me to do everything I need even if the weather is bad which makes many of our roads impassible for my truck.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really had to split hairs. I had a Jeep and wanted and alternative, I am a long time Ford guy and Bronco owner (3 different Broncos in the past). I want something different than my ongoing F150 relationship. I am growing tired of the size. Answered. #1

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Want/need a newer vehicle. I dislike Chrysler products and didn't' like the Jeep I rented last year. No plans to do any crazy off-road stuff but maybe some light overlanding. Also I'm hoping it gets better mileage than the 4Runner (It already has more power with the V6 at least). If it doesn't I'll lean back towards the 4Runner.
Sponsored