Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I should maybe have the dealer look at it. verify it and then when it gets warm enough to ride the motorcycle to work I can let them do the job. If the parts are available that is.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, that didn't take long. Under 60 miles on it and started it this morning and heard it.
Dang. Disappointing you are having the sound already. Do you have an idea how the volume/type of sound on your brand new vehicle, compares to some other vehicles around here with many more miles?

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang. Disappointing you are having the sound already. Do you have an idea how the volume/type of sound on your brand new vehicle, compares to some other vehicles around here with many more miles?
I do not, I have yet to meet up with any of the locals and the few random ones I've run into at the gas station or whatever were autos or I didn't know this was an issue and didn't listen.

This also shows Ford has done nothing to fix the issue with current builds, mine is a 2/3/23 blend date. So Ford is apparently going to continue shoving these out the door and not have any real solution when they put thousand and thousands more out there before fixing it.

Either way it was manual for me no matter what, ideally ford makes this right at some point, but if I had to replace the trans myself and there was a solid aftermarket option after, I'd still rather do that then have gotten the 10 speed auto.

rzshootr

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, just got my 2Dr Manual Badlands last Friday. Less than 200 miles on it and it definitely makes that weird scrapping type noise. Mostly I hear it in first and second gear. That sound definitely does not inspire confidence. Brand new! And I just spent a small fortune after a two year wait!

@Ford

what am I supposed to do about this!?

Sponsored

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, that didn't take long. Under 60 miles on it and started it this morning and heard it.
That's a bummer, sorry to hear you have this. I picked mine up on Saturday, so far 200+ miles and, dare I say, no noise. I do have a lot of wind noise, when on a phone call everyone comments on that awful wind noise.
Yup, just got my 2Dr Manual Badlands last Friday. Less than 200 miles on it and it definitely makes that weird scrapping type noise. Mostly I hear it in first and second gear. That sound definitely does not inspire confidence. Brand new! And I just spent a small fortune after a two year wait!

@Ford

what am I supposed to do about this!?
Sorry to hear you are having this problem, I picked up my Badlands Sasquatch 2 Door Saturday. I have 200 miles as of now and nothing. I do have a lot of wind noise, when on the cell phone all have commented on what is that AWFUL wind noise, I hope that is my only complaint on noise I'll have to deal with. No matter, we all all in this together, I would be interested in knowing out of all the Manuals delivered so far, how many have issues. Not just from this site but the thousands who have the MT and are not part of any Forum.

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a bummer, sorry to hear you have this. I picked mine up on Saturday, so far 200+ miles and, dare I say, no noise. I do have a lot of wind noise, when on a phone call everyone comments on that awful wind noise.

Sorry to hear you are having this problem, I picked up my Badlands Sasquatch 2 Door Saturday. I have 200 miles as of now and nothing. I do have a lot of wind noise, when on the cell phone all have commented on what is that AWFUL wind noise, I hope that is my only complaint on noise I'll have to deal with. No matter, we all all in this together, I would be interested in knowing out of all the Manuals delivered so far, how many have issues. Not just from this site but the thousands who have the MT and are not part of any Forum.
I don't think the wind noise is that bad? Do you have the sound deadener in yours? I haven't taken it on the highway yet, but have gone over 60 mph and thought it was more than acceptable

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do have a lot of wind noise, when on the cell phone all have commented on what is that AWFUL wind noise
Some hard top front panels have big gaps in the weatherstripping and cause a lot of noise.

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think the wind noise is that bad? Do you have the sound deadener in yours? I haven't taken it on the highway yet, but have gone over 60 mph and thought it was more than acceptable
Some hard top front panels have big gaps in the weatherstripping and cause a lot of noise.
I do have the sound deadener, my wife even commented on the wind noise. My son suggested I take off the top to be sure it is seated properly. I plan on doing that and applying some Gummie-Pflege to the seals - https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-parts/bmw-bmw-gummi-pflege-rubber-care-83192449390 - this product is a BWM lubricant I used many times on my M3 sunroof, door and window seals, its an amazing product, keeping the seals soft and pliable with an annual application and helps in the winter with the freeze conditions. Its has the consistency of vaseline, but leaves no residue on the surfaces after application. Figure its worth a try.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This also shows Ford has done nothing to fix the issue with current builds, mine is a 2/3/23 blend date. So Ford is apparently going to continue shoving these out the door and not have any real solution when they put thousand and thousands more out there before fixing it.
How did you get your Bronco so fast? Dealer next to the plant?

Sponsored

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It causes some extent of permanent damage. 5&6 synchro gears rub their side faces causing friction weld marks and scrapes. That's about the extent that's been discovered though. Not enough damaged to make it blown apart or anything, so no addiitonal damage has been reported as a result. Some of us have 10k+ with the noise being there and no changes from it first appearing and no performance issues, just an annoying scrap sound.
i have this also, AND its my second badlands, put 15K miles on first one and have 12K on this one, both made that noise always goes away when warm, i noticed it from the start and didnt think anything about it, today is the first day i totally tested it by moving shifter towards 6th and yep same as yall been reporting!!

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

i have this also, AND its my second badlands, put 15K miles on first one and have 12K on this one, both made that noise always goes away when warm, i noticed it from the start and didnt think anything about it, today is the first day i totally tested it by moving shifter towards 6th and yep same as yall been reporting!!
More and more I honestly think it's all of them with varying severity. Bad design.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
More and more I honestly think it's all of them with varying severity. Bad design.
That would be a bummer. :( During my short time test driving a Bronco, I liked the feel and performance of the manual. Plus Ford even came through with the crawler gear. Hope it all works out.
Sponsored