Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More and more I honestly think it's all of them with varying severity. Bad design.
My hunch as well. The 26% saying no just have it too quiet to hear yet.
Sponsored

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That would be a bummer. :( During my short time test driving a Bronco, I liked the feel and performance of the manual. Plus Ford even came through with the crawler gear. Hope it all works out.
I mean this is a thing with 21s, 22s and fresh 23s on delivery day. I think we just have varying levels of severity some so faint they don't question it so it's not being reported while others like mine you can hear coming down the road. Countless people are finding these threads like didn't know I had an issue till I found this thread.... It's depressing! $50k and sounds like I have a can of rocks under my car. This is what I waited almost 3 years for?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean this is a thing with 21s, 22s and fresh 23s on delivery day. I think we just have varying levels of severity some so faint they don't question it so it's not being reported while others like mine you can hear coming down the road. Countless people are finding these threads like didn't know I had an issue till I found this thread.... It's depressing! $50k and sounds like I have a can of rocks under my car. This is what I waited almost 3 years for?
Are you still waiting on yours to get returned from the dealership TSB repair?

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

100% agreed. Mine doesn't make the noise usually, but I took it out in the mountains with a 15*F overnight cold soak and she was grinding away. Started it up back at home & was quiet as a mouse again. It's definitely in every unit I'd say.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% agreed. Mine doesn't make the noise usually, but I took it out in the mountains with a 15*F overnight cold soak and she was grinding away. Started it up back at home & was quiet as a mouse again. It's definitely in every unit I'd say.
Just a hypothetical. Do you think that maybe when the temps drop, the entire case *aluminum) shrinks more than the shaft and parts thus causing a small interference issue due to not factoring enough clearance into the design?

Has anyone on here that had the TSB performed actually seen any damage remotely close to the pictures posted of the heat and scarred parts? They originated outside of Bronco6G.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just a hypothetical. Do you think that maybe when the temps drop, the entire case *aluminum) shrinks more than the shaft and parts thus causing a small interference issue due to not factoring enough clearance into the design?

Has anyone on here that had the TSB performed actually seen any damage remotely close to the pictures posted of the heat and scarred parts? They originated outside of Bronco6G.
Fact that some owners reportedly can get rid of (or at least reduce) the noise, by applying pressure on the shifter in a certain way, for me seems a possible key to finding the cause. I assume applying the shifter pressure, results in some interaction with the rotating parts and how they contact each other. Potentially shifter/fork misalignment could even be a cause but who knows.

Last edited:

LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've started doing a few 5-6 shifts with the Bronco on and clutch in when I start it every morning. The noise seems to be lessened to an extent, but it is also getting warmer here in Philly, so it may just be that as well.

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would be a bummer. :( During my short time test driving a Bronco, I liked the feel and performance of the manual. Plus Ford even came through with the crawler gear. Hope it all works out.
I agree, this trans does shift amazingly well. Being from the Gertag family the MTI550 should be stout. I have the GT350R and I'm totally impressed how well the Tremec TR3160 is, best manual I've ever experienced. Compared to the standard Mustangs MT82. With all the problems Ford had with the MT82, I hope this is not the case with this one!

Not trying to throw gas on the fire, see this from this from - https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/mt82-transmission-specs - Even though the MT82 was the Mustang’s most modern transmission, it has its fair share of problems. Mustang owners have been complaining about these transmissions for years. In mid-2020, a class-action lawsuit was finally filed against Ford in regards to the MT82. The case claims that the MT82 transmissions are defective and that Ford started using the Getrag to cut costs.

The complaints also state that the MT82 was designed for smaller, four-cylinder vehicles. The synchronizes aren’t meant to handle the higher horsepower numbers of the Mustang, which causes them to fail. The case alleges that Ford has been aware of the problem but continues to manufacture Mustangs with the faulty transmission.

An investigation conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration revealed no safety risks with the MT82 transmission. That said, many Mustang owners have experienced these issues firsthand.

rzshootr

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my Bronco less than a week ago. Tranny noise was there from the start. So I sent the service department an email describing the problem along with links from the net (including this thread) that also describes the problem. Dropped it off with 208 miles on it just now. They put me in a piece of junk Flex. They told me they would keep it for at least week and that they would be getting in touch with Ford to find out what the problem is. And, of course, fix it. So, we shall see. At least they agreed that it’s unacceptable and are equally interested in finding out what’s wrong with it. Service guy mentioned that if it was not fixable or took too long to fix that he would put me in touch with Ford for a possible buy back or other solution. If I get any decent info I’ll post here.

My first Ford experience! After a two year wait with no communication! Ford quality! Yeah!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I voted no, and honestly don't know if it does or not because I've just never taken the time to listen. Every vehicle I've owned makes some kind of noise I wish it didn't, but rarely is it anything other than noise. I guess when we start seeing actual failures and it's attributed to whatever causes the noise, I'll be more concerned. I'm at 18K miles and the MT has never given me any reason to be worried, other than that initial bucking phase it went through, and I think that was the computer and not the MT.

Combination of a loud top, turned up radio, noisy tires, and tinnitus that won't stop, I just don't get worked up over minor noises. Unless I'm flying, then I notice everything whether it's there or not.

Whatever it is, I'm not losing sleep or not driving it because of worry over the MT going to strand me somewhere.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I voted no, and honestly don't know if it does or not because I've just never taken the time to listen. Every vehicle I've owned makes some kind of noise I wish it didn't, but rarely is it anything other than noise. I guess when we start seeing actual failures and it's attributed to whatever causes the noise, I'll be more concerned. I'm at 18K miles and the MT has never given me any reason to to worried, other than that initial bucking phase it went through, and I think that was the computer and not the MT.

Combination of a loud top, turned up radio, noisy tires, and tinnitus that won't stop, I just don't get worked up over minor noises. Unless I'm flying, then I notice everything whether it's there or not.

Whatever it is, I'm not losing sleep or not driving it because of worry over the MT going to strand me somewhere.
I was really worried a for a couple days when I first heard it, mostly after seeing damage to those parts in the pics that have been circulating, but I'm over it. It's quiet, I have to strain to hear it unless it's warming up in neutral below freezing, and I'm going to keep racking up miles.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was really worried a for a couple days when I first heard it, mostly after seeing damage to those parts in the pics that have been circulating, but I'm over it. It's quiet, I have to strain to hear it unless it's warming up in neutral below freezing, and I'm going to keep racking up miles.
Yeah, I'm not parking mine and definitely not leaving it at the dealership for a noise they all (presumably) have. I'll keep driving it and using it in ways that push other components much harder than what the MT is being pushed to. If and when they all start failing, we will all be in the same boat and Ford will or will not do something about it. Nothing I'm going to worry about as it's outside my control.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I'm not parking mine and definitely not leaving it at the dealership for a noise they all (presumably) have. I'll keep driving it and using it in ways that push other components much harder than what the MT is being pushed to. If and when they all start failing, we will all be in the same boat and Ford will or will not do something about it. Nothing I'm going to worry about as it's outside my control.
I hear ya, but some of us don't have the vehicle yet, so it's under our control to join the "club" or not. Based on my projected build date, I probably have until summer to decide, will see how it goes.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hear ya, but some of us don't have the vehicle yet, so it's under our control to join the "club" or not. Based on my projected build date, I probably have until summer to decide, will see how it goes.

I wouldn't let the fact it makes noise affect my decision either way, but that's me. It was MT or no Bronco period. New vehicles have issues and warranties. I'll worry about it when it's a problem.

rzshootr

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the very least I want to know what’s causing the noise. It’s weird and unacceptable for a brand new vehicle. I don’t care if it’s a Bronco, Lamborghini, or a Toyota Corolla. No way the transmission from a new expensive car should make noises like that.
Sponsored