John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi. We are in Westchester. Thanks for the links. I’m going to see if someone can fix it. Also been toying with painting the roof - maybe this is the time to do it.
Since those are my links, I agree wit
Where abouts in New York are you from? NYC? State? My neck of the woods (Buffalo)?

Here's a thread of someone else with a broken top very similar to yours, but they forgot to latch theirs and it blew off while they were driving. I bet it takes a pretty substantial force to break like yours. Can almost guarantee someone swapped with you if you didn't do it. This is a lesson for all of us.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cs-of-damage-and-material-construction.26886/

And here's the fix but yours looks worse than his. I'm thinking you need a new panel. Maybe if you go through insurance it would be a comp claim instead of collision.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/a-mic-top-repair-after-panel-blew-off.28919/

I wonder if it's possible for the passenger side to blow off if not latched and not the driver side.
I agree with your assesment, since those are my links for repairing my drivers panel after my it blew off on the road. From the OP photos, the corner is less easily repairable than mine, because its completely pulled out and an accurate mold will have to be created from the other side to mimic the curve. But it could be done. The other problem is the interior diaconal crack. That is in/over the honeycomb coring, and a more difficult repair if the crack is deep. If not properly done, water will invade the honeycomb and delaminate the top. This is why boatbuilders switched from balsa coring to synthetic foams and panels.

If the OP decides to repair at a body shop, this is a good time to paint the whole roof. Otherwise, that SunRunner flip top that @LowerSlowerDelaware mentioned would be the cheapest option, since she likes taking the front panels off alot, but not the mid panel!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you didn't drop it, did you park/leave it somewhere with your windows open? Maybe someone swapped with you.

I believe I read on here somewhere they were about $2400 each panel to replace. That's why I have been xxxtra careful.
with that being said I won't be removing my panels ever.

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Everyone.
Have a quick question. Anyone else’s roof breaking?
I have a Jan’22 with a hard top and am on the east coast. I’ve probably taken my driver | passenger side roofs off about 15 or less times this year. I do store them in my trunk if I am out on the road when I take them off - And today when I went to put my roof back on I noticed the front tip is completely falling off and cracking. I hadn’t notice until today.
Is this even capable of being replaced or covered under anything?

6590884B-CD63-43D8-853F-CECEDDA64054.jpeg

A7D128F8-01D9-49E8-A371-59AC869FE8F0.jpeg

C0DB8A23-CFC4-4858-B72F-C0BE013ED261.jpeg
Hey I’m in north Jersey. If you’re interested I’ll trade you my soft top for it

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yikes. This is the one thing about the Bronco I can’t stand, this 💩 roof. My gladiator roof is so nice and durable! Ford dropped the ball on the roof, it’s gotta get redesigned to something better, this just isn’t it.

Sponsored

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Drop it or risk stitches. That’s the reality of it. I choose stitches, twice. Because I don’t learn the first time.

Id swing by a glass shop and see what they could do for it for a couple bucks.
I just choose gloves lol

jtutko

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi Everyone.
Have a quick question. Anyone else’s roof breaking?
I have a Jan’22 with a hard top and am on the east coast. I’ve probably taken my driver | passenger side roofs off about 15 or less times this year. I do store them in my trunk if I am out on the road when I take them off - And today when I went to put my roof back on I noticed the front tip is completely falling off and cracking. I hadn’t notice until today.
Is this even capable of being replaced or covered under anything?

6590884B-CD63-43D8-853F-CECEDDA64054.jpeg

A7D128F8-01D9-49E8-A371-59AC869FE8F0.jpeg

C0DB8A23-CFC4-4858-B72F-C0BE013ED261.jpeg
I had a similar situation and my dealer replaced the top passenger side has been fine and so has replacement I got mine in May
Sponsored