Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice!! I’ll be that guy I want more surface area 🤣🤣
I’m looking forward to this as I’ve already smooshed
My intercooler slightly upward as the oem steel bash plates flexed. I want it up out of danger!! Is this too much to ask for addition area? 🤣. I’m sure it will hold up better than oem just for the fact it’s all welded and not half plastic
Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread 4C8FDFC9-61E5-4493-86C0-A1B21C0EB80C
Sponsored

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stock testing is complete, now we're moving on to getting our intercooler's numbers:

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread NT6_9263

-Nick
I already preordered one in stealth black but curious to see these results!

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only our stock location intercooler is available for presale at the moment! We're still wrapping up the R&D and production for the high-mount kit so we're aiming for first quarter of '23 for those. I'll make sure to keep you guys in the loop as we get closer!

-Nick

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Doe
Only our stock location intercooler is available for presale at the moment! We're still wrapping up the R&D and production for the high-mount kit so we're aiming for first quarter of '23 for those. I'll make sure to keep you guys in the loop as we get closer!

-Nick
[/QUOTE
Does one have more surface area than the other? High mount vs stock location?

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you preorder this?

My bad, I saw their post on testing both intercoolers and now realize this is the high mount thread. It is the stock location intercooler that's on preorder.

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

-Nick
You may discuss this after testing, but do you expect issues with long trips and high-mount location? Seems much less air passing the radiator so this might just be for mainly trail rigs? I'm going with one just patiently waiting...

Rosskimes

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know of a winch mount for the modular bumper that will mount it at the stock intercooler location to go with this relocation?

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know of a winch mount for the modular bumper that will mount it at the stock intercooler location to go with this relocation?
I think Mishimoto is the first and only provider working on the high mount intercooler, and it's not to market yet, so I can't see anyone out there providing a front/center winch mount plate. I plan on fabricating my own once the intercooler is moved.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes please hurry on the high mount! Are you guys doing anything to combat the DTC code for the shutters or they just left unplugged ?

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes please hurry on the high mount! Are you guys doing anything to combat the DTC code for the shutters or they just left unplugged ?
I know for the Whipple Supercharge IC they have you remove the IC shutter assembly and provide you with a new ACC housing. To avoid any DTC the shutter motor is removed and zip tied to the new housing and plugged back in. The motor no longer has shutters installed so it does its thing silently. Probably be what Mishimoto does. Wanted this upgrade so bad, but couldn't wait any longer and got the WSC stage 1 kit. Very happy with the build quality. One day I may upgrade to the High mount really depends on what advantages it has over the stock location mount, how well it performs compared to the WSC IC, and how it may impact engine cooling performance.

Mishimoto needs to offer a hi-performance radiator as the stock Bronco one is a joke.
Sponsored