Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hate to have to chime in now, but I am going through this issue right now. Finally getting to this source of information on the issue. Light has been on for 2 weeks, after troubleshooting all possible issues. Now the battery is dying and the local ford dealership in Poland are not authorized to service American spec Bronco’s. WTH Now I must get it to Berlin. 3 hour drive or transport?????
Ouch! Charge the battery at home, pack a portable battery jumper/charger, hit the road for adventure.
Sponsored

Noremac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hate to have to chime in now, but I am going through this issue right now. Finally getting to this source of information on the issue. Light has been on for 2 weeks, after troubleshooting all possible issues. Now the battery is dying and the local ford dealership in Poland are not authorized to service American spec Bronco’s. WTH Now I must get it to Berlin. 3 hour drive or transport?????
i drove 3 hours cross state to get my junk home with a busted alternator.. let it sit on a battery charger all night, killed everything electronic i could possibly kill, and roadkilled it home.

a fully charged healthy battery got me right at 2 hours of driving... that last hour of the trip took 2-3 by itself charging off jumper cables, drive 15 minutes, charge, drive a bit.. rinse repeat.

Rickbobby334

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i drove 3 hours cross state to get my junk home with a busted alternator.. let it sit on a battery charger all night, killed everything electronic i could possibly kill, and roadkilled it home.

a fully charged healthy battery got me right at 2 hours of driving... that last hour of the trip took 2-3 by itself charging off jumper cables, drive 15 minutes, charge, drive a bit.. rinse repeat.
I’m totally open to doing just that. I have it on charger right now. But I’ll have to recharge the charger. I did find a tow company for $425.00. However, this is officially a long holiday weekend. So, no trip until Tuesday. The dealership canceled my appointment as well😞

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're mechanically inclined, pull the alternator yourself and clean it. On mine, the brushes got fouled. Once I took it apart, I reset the brushes and it's been fine for over 15k miles. Get your self a new belt and just cut off the old one. That was one of the more difficult aspects as none were available. It's a stretch belt, you can find videos on YouTube about replacing them with a zip tie, pretty easy.

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IMG_8218.jpeg
Great thread. Surprised the TSB exists!!! The O&M manual specifically states maximum speed through water crossing is 4 mph. I assume Ford would say sorry you exceeded the design conditions.

My Jeep buddies bust my b@lls severely because of the 4 mph max. 😂😂😂😂 They take videos every time I slowly crawl through a deep creek crossing.
You mean like this :p:unsure:o_O;)

Ford Bronco Muddy water fording alternator issue fix: TSB 22-2392 -- Mud Accumulation in Generator IMG_0341
Ford Bronco Muddy water fording alternator issue fix: TSB 22-2392 -- Mud Accumulation in Generator IMG_0342
Ford Bronco Muddy water fording alternator issue fix: TSB 22-2392 -- Mud Accumulation in Generator IMG_0339
Ford Bronco Muddy water fording alternator issue fix: TSB 22-2392 -- Mud Accumulation in Generator IMG_0343
Ford Bronco Muddy water fording alternator issue fix: TSB 22-2392 -- Mud Accumulation in Generator IMG_0344
Ford Bronco Muddy water fording alternator issue fix: TSB 22-2392 -- Mud Accumulation in Generator IMG_0340
Ford Bronco Muddy water fording alternator issue fix: TSB 22-2392 -- Mud Accumulation in Generator IMG_0345
Sponsored