ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A better question is how close are you following people if all these rocks are ricocheting off your ride?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Inspector_Nipples

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2021
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stop replacing them. When they make a small ding, I just repair the windshield.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought this was supposed to be more of an issue for cars driving BEHIND Broncos (w/Sasquatch tires).
I actually had 2 stones thrown out ahead of me from my FRONT Goodyears and bounce back into my windshield... On 1 highway drive after taking a gravel road. 🤷

Sponsored

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wifes JK had a crack in it the second week we owned it, I won't be surprised if it happens to the Bronco. Easy call to have them come to the house and replace it while I drink a beer on a saturday, 2023.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My ride is a Black Diamond, 2.7, mid pkg, MIC, tow, roof rails, factory PPF. I added PPF on both sides about 50% up after delivery, and the front bug deflector Aeroskin II appears to also help with deflecting rocks from the windshield

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup. On to my second windshield within a month of ownership and really thought I was going to need another one only a few days after replacement given the sound of something pinging off it loudly but this time it survived. I switched to a $100 deductible for $12 more a month. (Coverage good for all events not just glass since my state didn’t have the $0 glass only option)
I just switched mine to $0 deductible glass but it looks to be only $20 over the 6 month period. What am I missing? I've fixed one rock chip and surely not the last.

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m adding the ugly ass hood and windshield deflector and will look at the film protection too. Following distance adjustment may help as well.

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just switched mine to $0 deductible glass but it looks to be only $20 over the 6 month period. What am I missing? I've fixed one rock chip and surely not the last.
Repairs are free for me. When the repair failed, replacement is not. I asked about $0 for glass. They said it wasn’t available in my state. $100 was my best option

Sponsored

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Actuary hasn't caught on yet, Bronco is still too new.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Went through 2 windshields in my Wrangler and 2 repairs in seven years. I am getting ready to replace the first one in my Bronco. I had it less than one month when I caught a rock. I heard the hit but could not find the damage (I like to try to repair ASAP to try to avoid replacing the entire windshield). A couple of weeks later the crack developed. The impact was at the top edge of the drivers's side windshield - I just missed it. I hate dealing with a cracked windshield. Jeep now offers Corning's "Gorilla Glass" as an option. I am hoping that Corning will offer Gorilla Glass for the Bronco.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My ride is a Black Diamond, 2.7, mid pkg, MIC, tow, roof rails, factory PPF. I added PPF on both sides about 50% up after delivery, and the front bug deflector Aeroskin II appears to also help with deflecting rocks from the windshield
Has to be a REAL specific trajectory for a bug deflector to do anything with rocks 🤣
Can't hurt I guess

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe once a year I might have a rock hit my windshield. Super curious where people are going to get hit so many times. Minnesota requires $0 deductible glass insurance so I won't worry too much.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A better question is how close are you following people if all these rocks are ricocheting off your ride?
Historically most of my chips have come from oncoming traffic. Not much you can do about that but stick to divided highways.
Sponsored