ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not at all, the OP is a GM of a boat dealer, it’s pretty standard when you order something to get a written and signed agreement of what and how much you’ll be purchasing it for, they should know better than anyone. It’s been discussed on this forum hundreds of times. Then someone gets screwed and gets brought back up again. The dealer is a scum bag but the OP let it happen by not having the deal worked out before the bronco showed up.
Just an awful take
Sponsored

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is from my signed agreement. $2500 deposit.

Capture.PNG

WOW that's a strict agreement, I would have found a different dealership.. I would never put that much money down on a vehicle that there are all types of production, and communication problems, also all the stories of shady dealerships on here.. All they have to do is get the vehicle and say they contacted you and you never replied and your out $2500 and a Bronco

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would hire a well-known local lawyer and then talk to the local tv station. if it starts getting some media attention you will not only get your bronco but you may even get free upgrades. once it is on media train and a well-known lawyer is on the case.... stuff just falls in line.
There are likely no TV or radio stations, or newspapers that would take on this story...dealers buy ad space and air time from these same stations/newspapers. They won't risk losing that revenue stream, even if it's 1 dealer.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This and many other similar stories of Ford dealerships screwing customers who have ordered and waited years is why I'm glad I'm buying from Granger. It may be another year before I get the Bronco but at least I won't have to worry about getting screwed along the way. As for Ford I will probably never consider another Ford after this Bronco because of all of the crap they've allowed to happen to their end customers. While I've been waiting I've looked at the Jeep Wrangler and new Grand Cherokee 4xe's. I can order either vehicle for less than MSRP and have it in a few months. If I wasn't so stubborn about the Bronco I probably would already have the Jeep on the way. Some dealerships may be making some extra money with their tactics but they're doing long term damage to the Ford brand.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just don't plan a vacation for the next two years because that is when the Bronco will arrive.
WOW that's a strict agreement, I would have found a different dealership.. I would never put that much money down on a vehicle that there are all types of production, and communication problems, also all the stories of shady dealerships on here.. All they have to do is get the vehicle and say they contacted you and you never replied and your out $2500 and a Bronco

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya I'd love to hear that discussion (at least I hope we get an update).

I'll wait to pass judgment until we hear what they say. Ultimately, mistake or not, the dealership has all of the control and we as consumers have NONE (on our custom orders). That HAS to change, Ford needs to fix this period.
The call really should be recorded.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is from my signed agreement. $2500 deposit.

Capture.PNG
Why the hell would you do business with these people? I'm sure the next dealership can't be THAT far away?

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any updates yet?

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why the hell would you do business with these people? I'm sure the next dealership can't be THAT far away?
I went with this dealer because they are the highest volume dealer in the state. I was also in the market for a truck but did not bother with them since everything is marked up. I doubt I would go back to this dealer.

The dealer I'm getting my truck from (GMC, completely unrelated) has a very similar statement in their documents, though it was only $1,000 down. The truck was a dealer stock order with a build date in August. I informed the salesman I may be out of town when it arrives, and he told me not to worry about them selling it to someone else. We'll see!

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With a $20k markup, I can see dealers taking the quick easy money and saying F you. It is why I will never own another ford product in my life. I'm done, moving back to Toyota.
yeah...about that Toyota...

so I had a deposit down on a Tundra TRD Pro since Sept. I finally got the call Monday 7/25 that the dealer had been allocated a Solar Octane Tundra and they'd reserve it in my name since I was first on the list for that color...72k MSRP, plus DIO AND $20k markup...that's right, the Tundra TRD Pro I've been waiting on and really was the "dream" since buying my Tundra Limited w/TRD off road package in 2016 was going to be over $92k...I told them to Fuck right the hell off...come to find out they'd been dangling that same allocation in front of multiple buyers when I posted on Reddit. Toyota ain't doing you any favors over Ford my friend. I'd previously purchased 2 Toyotas from that dealership family a 4Runner and my Tundra....I will never purchase from that family of dealerships again.

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah...about that Toyota...

so I had a deposit down on a Tundra TRD Pro since Sept. I finally got the call Monday 7/25 that the dealer had been allocated a Solar Octane Tundra and they'd reserve it in my name since I was first on the list for that color...72k MSRP, plus DIO AND $20k markup...that's right, the Tundra TRD Pro I've been waiting on and really was the "dream" since buying my Tundra Limited w/TRD off road package in 2016 was going to be over $92k...I told them to Fuck right the hell off...come to find out they'd been dangling that same allocation in front of multiple buyers when I posted on Reddit. Toyota ain't doing you any favors over Ford my friend. I'd previously purchased 2 Toyotas from that dealership family a 4Runner and my Tundra....I will never purchase from that family of dealerships again.
Where was this? I bought my last truck from Don McGill in Katy. Had a deposit down for a 1794 TRD in Utah but cancelled it because the salesman told me I probably wouldn't get it this year. I checked Don McGill after I cancelled and looked like they were marking up 10%.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where was this? I bought my last truck from Don McGill in Katy. Had a deposit down for a 1794 TRD in Utah but cancelled it because the salesman told me I probably wouldn't get it this year. I checked Don McGill after I cancelled and looked like they were marking up 10%.
Fred Haas in Spring off 45/Louetta

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's the pic and email they sent me. I guess i can just look at the picture

Bronco.jpg
Wow. That's criminal. I have always loved the Carb. Gray look, everything matches so well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.