Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glass 1/2 full kind of guy. And I have a great relationship with my dealer. Could be Canadians are more trusting because they chose to trust people will do the right thing, especially after a bad experience.
I'm Canadian and I don't trust that dealership any further than I could throw it.
Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm Canadian and I don't trust that dealership any further than I could throw it.
Different strokes for different folks. My dealership has only treated me fair and square. Again, time will tell. I just hope OP takes the time to keep us informed if the final result.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you put your spider sense "Feelings' into words. I have complete confidence that the dealership will take good care of OP, and he will be deeply satisfied. I do not need to wish him luck either.
Can you tell me what motivation the dealership has to do the right thing at this point? They’ve already demonstrated they don’t care about doing the right thing when they sold a customer’s ordered Bronco out from under them.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on dealers track record, highly unlikely.

f01-2f20190111_trusted_professions-jpg-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg
US automobile dealership are by federal and state regulations scummy for certain. They run their dealerships like tyrants. And Florida has many bottom feeders on the used car sales side for sure. I was semi-retired in Naples Florida in 1999, and walked into the Germain Lincoln dealership there wanting to test drive the new Lincoln LS. They didn't take me seriously, probably because I rode in on a 1997 Suzuki GSX-R 600, wearing flip flops and shorts. So I reached out to the Lincoln dealership in Stuart Florida, on the other coast. They gave me a good price over the phone, and drove the car to my home in Naples without signing anything until I purchased the car. I signed the sales receipt for the agreed price, and they handed over the keys and left.

I also have experience dealing with a used car dealership in Florida on a use Jeep Wrangler in 2001. Now they were turds for sure. I think they are used to selling to idiots or something. I have heard that some used car dealerships there will lock their doors so customers can't walk out. I spent 2 hours negotiation for the Jeep. Every time I gave them a price, they would respond with a month payment. I had to drag out the details of the term. And those turds would change the term to reduce the price. Each time the TVM calculations resulted in them making $1000 more than I wanted to spend. The salesman finally handed me over to the finance manager and we closed the deal. SO, yes, I get it. Dealerships can be despicable people. But, I think the OP will be happy in the end. Call me naive, I don't really care.
EDIT:
And BTW, the bar graph compares car sales people to the rest, not dealerships. Perhaps splitting hairs, but sales people have different motivations than the dealership. It was no doubt a greedy car salesperson who sold OP's bronco out from under him. Sales people have to have a killer instinct to skin their customers alive without killing them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you tell me what motivation the dealership has to do the right thing at this point? They’ve already demonstrated they don’t care about doing the right thing when they sold a customer’s ordered Bronco out from under them.
Reputation.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get a Lawyer and sue FORD motor company not the dealer.
Sue them for what exactly?

And for the OP, I think the best you are going to get is a chance to re-order a MY23, or, an opportunity to purchase a similar build with a markup. Sure, the dealer can scour the country and locate a like Bronco but there is no way the other dealership is going to give up an abandoned order for MSRP and your current dealer is not going to eat any premiums. I hope I am wrong but you are sol it appears.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Such as wait and see what the new 6th gen Toyota 4Runner looks like in 2024.
Prepare to be underwhelmed similar to the tundra and sequoia.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
edit: plus we all know @Ford Motor Company is in fact following this thread too.
I'm not so sure. FoMoCo seems disinterested in this kind of incident. They're only willing to request details when it's a potential mechanical fault, failure, or massive issue with giant risk ripples.

They DGAF in a single dealer/customer drama exchange.

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You should hire an attorney and request to see the paperwork for the vehicle that was stolen from you, take the amount of ADM they took off that vehicle and then have it removed from the future sale price of your vehicle and toss in the extended warranty you were clamoring for.

It sounds like the OP is an introvert though and doesn't have what it takes to really make the situation right. Unfortunately, you are just the perfect person to scam. By the time your new Bronco comes around the ADMs will have died off and they will have no need to scam anymore and still get the sale from you at the price they predicted all along.

It's either Lawyer Up to make it right, or be content with being the story of a fool on this forum IMO. Sorry.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should hire an attorney and request to see the paperwork for the vehicle that was stolen from you, take the amount of ADM they took off that vehicle and then have it removed from the future sale price of your vehicle and toss in the extended warranty you were clamoring for.

It sounds like the OP is an introvert though and doesn't have what it takes to really make the situation right. Unfortunately, you are just the perfect person to scam. By the time your new Bronco comes around the ADMs will have died off and they will have no need to scam anymore and still get the sale from you at the price they predicted all along.

It's either Lawyer Up to make it right, or be content with being the story of a fool on this forum IMO. Sorry.
Are you reading the same thread I am? :unsure:

Maybe you missed the OP’s post below? 🤷‍♂️

I'm a GM of a boat dealer so I like to think I know a bit about sales.

mustanggarage

Badlands
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 65 mustang, 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

unfortunately on that same bar graph lawyers don't come in much higher. I doubt you will find one to take the case on contingency so you will end up spending more in lawyer fees than you would to pay the damned ADM.
sorry just my anger at my recent lawyer experience speaking
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.