Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know we had a talk about converting the Badlands HOSS 2.0 to the Wild Trak's 3.0 some time ago. I cannot seem to find that thread and I'm not sure if the parts would be the same, anway...(not sure if 2021 to 2023 model years parts numbers change)

Regardless, my Badlands is being built soon and I'd like to have Ford upgrade to the HOSS 3.0 for a few reasons.

Does anyone have the specific parts numbers for the upgrade so I can have them ordered.

Thank you in advance...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Headless Horseman

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On another topic but regarding upgrades, are we all a thumbs up with rough country products?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, I'd recommend the 74Weld stage 3 rack. Quinn has talked about the Ford HD tie rods being the bees knees; I think you'd want to get that upgraded and if they come with the HD tie rods, sit on that instead of the Icons, for instance. I guess the questions there are, is the wait and cost better one way (Ford building it) vs adding it aftermarket (with warranty considerations).

A few months ago at least, Ford wasn't even letting you order it except WildTrak or Raptor, where I think they're standard. I would think the billet + install is more than the (very inflated) factory cost, but that's nuclear bomb proof and you might be more likely to get it at all/sooner.

I know others with more experience like the RC bushing. A lot of their stuff is from foreign manufacturers. Personally, I'll mostly avoid but that doesn't mean it's wrong to go that route.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think I only need the steering component...tie rods? The parts that fail on the HOSS 2 are the ones I'd like to upgrade before I even get the vehicle...

Do you have numbers for those?
It’s about the rack, not just the rods. Get the factory HOSS 3.0 or prepare for a long and expensive conversion process. It’s not close.

To my knowledge Ford doesn’t offer a HOSS 3.0 upgrade on other trim levels but perhaps I’m mistaken.

OP
OP
Headless Horseman

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s about the rack, not just the rods. Get the factory HOSS 3.0 or prepare for a long and expensive conversion process. It’s not close.

To my knowledge Ford doesn’t offer a HOSS 3.0 upgrade on other trim levels but perhaps I’m mistaken.
This is the part people say to have Ford upgrade. I am getting the BL and many think the HOSS 2.0 is more than adequate, save for the rack and pionion....

https://www.fordoempartsdirect.com/oem-parts/ford-gear-assembly-nb3z3504m?c=az0x

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

It's neither hard nor particularly expensive, but you have to order the rack and program it, which takes a little understanding of the technical side of things. Don't get me wrong, it's not cheap either, but it is not unreasonable.

The rack comes with the tie rods btw for $1200ish (I think I paid a bit less than that) plus a $400 core charge.
Sponsored