drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The new Bronco Raptor has a 3.0 it’s considered a ‘22 Bronco….

The only way we will know is when/if the standard 2.7 ‘22 year, post the 5/9/22 has the new “M” dip stick….

my gut tells me it won’t…
They will still provide the wrong dip stick ( the current one)

The 3.0 liter Raptor will use the MB3Z-6750-B

personally … I’ve ordered and will use the MB3Z-6750-B on my 2.7. I’m done trying convincing Ford to see the Forrest through the trees!!!
They had their chance to do the right thing and they chose poorly!!!
I’m done!!!
Flip and the OP have done us all a big favor here… I for one am grateful and want to commend them for their tremendous efforts
Flip, OP Thank you!!!!
Huh I guess this dealer got it wrong? See below.

Side note I don’t believe any changes were made to the oil pan between the 2.7 and 3.0 in the Bronco Raptor, definitely not capacity it’s still 7 quarts. Secondly the “F” part number dipstick is shown as compatible with both the 2.7 and 3.0 engines in FWD vehicles and it seems only in those. Which is a big joke to see they’re doubling down. Though you have to realize there is so much compartmenting within Ford this doesn’t exactly seem surprising.

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 58B7320F-F81D-4978-9E15-4953623C48F4
Sponsored

AaronW

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why wouldn’t this be a warranty replacement?

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why wouldn’t this be a warranty replacement?
Because there's currently no campaign to do so and according to Ford if it was built with the FT4E dipstick the MB3Z one isn't correct, even if it is supposed to be used on fresh builds. Until Ford acknowledged that it was necessary to use the new part and decided to offer it as a FSA campaign is not going to be covered simply because the listed replacement part is the only one they claim is correct to the original build.

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
MB3Z is the part number you would order from your dealer.

What is actually stamped onto the stick is the engineering number (MB3E). The engineering number can be used by your dealer to find the part number as well. Same but different basically. The part number provided is correct though I believe you’ll want to confirm with your dealer that it’s the updated (5/9) part since it appears that this same part number has existed for a while now.

Someone correct me if I’m informed wrong, I don’t know dealer specifics all too well and decoding parts has been a learning curve the last couple weeks
Hi - AFAIK it is NOT always possible to cross an Engineering part # to a Service part #. What you use to order parts from the parts dept is the Service part #. Engineering part numbers can change independently of service part #s.

Sponsored

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Oh This going to open up a huge can of worms. The dealers shops are the last to know anything.
Maybe someone needs to hit up ole Jim Farley and Mike Levine's Twitter page.
I agree, and if the worms attack you I'll take a bite. Before we all go buying new dipsticks and potentially overfilling our 2.7s, I'd like some official confirmation from Mother Ford. It is possible that the updated shorter dipstick could be due to some other change - i.e. different oil pan or some other bottom end change that displaces more oil thus raising the oil level.

The new dispstick part is great info, but I see it as a conversation opener, not a call for us to immediately buy new dipsticks.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

LOL!

So the entire time I was saying the dipstick was reading wrong. So there are alot of guys who only filled 6-6.5 quarts in their broncos.
That's what they get for not reading the manual or Ford directive repeated in this forum over and over since last November. A quart low will not lead to catastrophic valve related engine kaputzy And most if not all of the failures have happened prior to initial oil changes so they had 7 quarts all along. If a dealer drained off a quart pre-delivery then that's another story and would open up the dealer to repercussions for any failure.

I will be inquiring of my dealer about a replacement stick when I schedule Bucky's next service

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree, and if the worms attack you I'll take a bite. Before we all go buying new dipsticks and potentially overfilling our 2.7s, I'd like some official confirmation from Mother Ford. It is possible that the updated shorter dipstick could be due to some other change - i.e. different oil pan or some other bottom end change that displaces more oil thus raising the oil level.

The new dispstick part is great info, but I see it as a conversation opener, not a call for us to immediately buy new dipsticks.
So using the new dipstick would call for 8 quarts? Since you would still fill to the twist, not the hole? Not very likely

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got mine Saturday that was a April 14th build and it still has the "old" part number on mine and shows overfilled on the dipstick. I mentioned the new number to my sales guy and he had not heard anything about it, but seemed to think they may do a recall based on what I told him. Probably file that one under "my dealer said"

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the NEW MB3Z-6570-B
Dip stick!!!

Since I just put in 7 quarts here is where it reads
(Right at the “nominal” mark)
Way!!! Way! Easier to read than “up past the twist”!!!

So much better!!!!

Thank you Flip and the OP for all their hard work finding this alternative dip stick (that actually work’s correctly).!!!!

FYI
Fill (after completely draining) blindly with 7 qts!!!
Ford Tech says it will not damage your engine.

User Note below:

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 31DA4819-A441-4E2D-A25B-EE0A8A0632B6

Ford Bronco New correct dipstick (here's part number) solves 2.7L 7-quarts engine oil capacity / maximum fill amount mystery! 🕵🏻‍♂️ 98187A2E-6563-4F84-BED0-01446CC2C9B5

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So using the new dipstick would call for 8 quarts? Since you would still fill to the twist, not the hole? Not very likely
No...using the M series dipstick correctly measures the SEVEN quarts the Bronco 2.7 is confirmed to hold...but hey, I would wager because this entire stick thing has been such a cluster that someone is probably going to overfill it with even the new stick. The simple equation is to buy the M series stick and to measure your oil with it. If your oil level falls between the upper and lower lines on the hash marks you're golden. The entire point of the new M series stick (aka an existing stick with the Ford parts database designation that indicates it works on the Bronco) is so you're not filling your F stick (I predict jokes on that term wait for it) up to the twist. You can skip the entire thread spend 20 bucks on the right stick and you'll be happily measuring your oil in no time.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP
OP
broncorik

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope we're doing this right. In case you haven't seen it, there is a new article from Ford authority mentions a faulty oil pan causes the engine to go dry. I feel that it is critical to know the proper oil level of our vehicle.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/ford-bronco-2-7l-v6-ecoboost-engine-failures-explained-exclusive/
IMHO if the oil pan is the issue there should be far more failures then with bad batches of valves, because ALL our Broncos have the same pan configuration (versus SOME engines that were allegedly built with faulty valve from various batches). Additionally, most people that have lost an engine seemed to have been driving on flat ground at the time...not on crazy inclines or declines. I suppose the 2.7 could suck air with 6 or even 7 quarts, but that would have to be a pretty piss poor oil pan design. From the pics it doesn't seem that much different than any other pan, but perhaps the oil pickup itself is faulty in some units. Still a mystery...

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMHO if the oil pan is the issue there should be far more failures then with bad batches of valves, because ALL our Broncos have the same pan configuration (versus SOME engines that were allegedly built with faulty valve from various batches). Additionally, most people that have lost an engine seemed to have been driving on flat ground at the time...not on crazy inclines or declines. I suppose the 2.7 could suck air with 6 or even 7 quarts, but that would have to be a pretty piss poor oil pan design. From the pics it doesn't seem that much different than any other pan, but perhaps the oil pickup itself is faulty in some units. Still a mystery...
Agreed that it sounds more like a faulty pickup (bent during install or not torqued etc) than anything causing it to cavitate in extreme cases. Unfortunate but doesn’t seem like anything but a very specific fluke.
Sponsored