dubie7006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm going to wait until after the B&P is up and have configured about 50 variations and then settled on my top two, which will likely either be a fully loaded Badlands or Wildtrak. Then I'm going to my local dealer and tell them that they either come down to "invoice" and limited fees (similar pricing to what would have been with X-plan) or I'm switching to one of the longer distance options of Invoice less $1,000 or more.

The extra $1,000 will cover whatever logistics I will end up using to get my Bronco to where it needs to end up.

I'm currently in East Texas, but am likely moving to Colorado Springs next Springs. So, I can either jump on the Texas buy-in or the Granger/Colorado group.

Paying MSRP isn't in my plan.
I just want to make sure I'm understanding this right.

Let's say your local dealer gives you a more-than-MSRP price (let's use $56,000 arbitrarily). If you want them to go to MSRP, say $55k, you'll skip town, go to a further dealer that offers you the $55k, and buy there? And spend an additional $1k in transportation, bringing your purchase price to $56k, anyway?

What am I missing here?
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly no, none of that was ever offered to me. And I'll take partial responsibility for some of that, I was younger and trusting in the dealer and didn't push for any of those things. Call me crazy, but I've not had any "great" experiences dealing with car dealerships. Seen as and treated as nothing more than a sale that they want to get through to move onto the next one. I'm not going to pretend to be the most well versed in dealing with dealerships and getting the best deal. Out of curiosity, what do you do at a Ford dealership? Also what dealership do you work at, I recently moved from Everett, WA and dealt with 2 different Ford dealers in that area.
I don't work for Ford or in the auto industry at all. I have owned 5 before and a Mercury. Just excited about the Bronco. I've never been offered those either, but I haven't been pushy in negotiations either. I get to a net price that I am comfortable with after trade-in. How it gets there, I don't care. Before the X plan announcement, I have changed my dealer to Dwayne Lane's Skagit Ford in Burlington due to low tax rate and them seeming to be honest with allowing X plan if offered and no "required" dealer add-ons. Hope we can come to an agreement that we are both comfortable with after I price some builds.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I work at a Ford dealership and I promise you we and other dealers aren't doing less than MSRP I have been in the business for more than 6 years and new cars that come out do not have discounts if you want to get a better price than MSRP you would have to wait for 2022 year but buy a left over 2021 model.
Yep you can say whatever you want to say but there are plenty of class act dealerships that aren’t trying to screw their customers for every dollar...

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to wait until after the B&P is up and have configured about 50 variations and then settled on my top two, which will likely either be a fully loaded Badlands or Wildtrak. Then I'm going to my local dealer and tell them that they either come down to "invoice" and limited fees (similar pricing to what would have been with X-plan) or I'm switching to one of the longer distance options of Invoice less $1,000 or more.

The extra $1,000 will cover whatever logistics I will end up using to get my Bronco to where it needs to end up.

I'm currently in East Texas, but am likely moving to Colorado Springs next Springs. So, I can either jump on the Texas buy-in or the Granger/Colorado group.

Paying MSRP isn't in my plan.
So, why not just be true to your heart. If your dealer hasn't already come forward with a planned reduction in cost, to make up for our loss of the X Plan, then why not just leave them in the dust.

Moving to an honest and up front dealer that announces that they want to work with you to get their business, has only been done by a handful of the Ford Stores. Making the change now, is the kinda stuff you do to Reward this kind of a dealer, and to punish a dealer that doesn't want to make an announcement.

Bernatos

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't work for Ford or in the auto industry at all. I have owned 5 before and a Mercury. Just excited about the Bronco. I've never been offered those either, but I haven't been pushy in negotiations either. I get to a net price that I am comfortable with after trade-in. How it gets there, I don't care. Before the X plan announcement, I have changed my dealer to Dwayne Lane's Skagit Ford in Burlington due to low tax rate and them seeming to be honest with allowing X plan if offered and no "required" dealer add-ons. Hope we can come to an agreement that we are both comfortable with after I price some builds.
At the end of the day, all that really matters is that the consumer (US) is happy with their buying experience. If you feel like traveling a little farther for a lower price is worth it, go for it. If you see value in local deals and "incentives", go for it. All that matters is we enjoy our new rides and can get past all this negative nancy BS in this forum these days once we can actually build, price, order and drive these seemingly awesome vehicles. ::EDIT:: Also I apologize, I confused your post with another who said they worked at a Ford dealer.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I work at a Ford dealership and I promise you we and other dealers aren't doing less than MSRP I have been in the business for more than 6 years and new cars that come out do not have discounts if you want to get a better price than MSRP you would have to wait for 2022 year but buy a left over 2021 model.
tenor (5).gif

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want to make sure I'm understanding this right.

Let's say your local dealer gives you a more-than-MSRP price (let's use $56,000 arbitrarily). If you want them to go to MSRP, say $55k, you'll skip town, go to a further dealer that offers you the $55k, and buy there? And spend an additional $1k in transportation, bringing your purchase price to $56k, anyway?

What am I missing here?
He said he expected his local dealer to come down from MSRP to invoice. His option is to go to a dealer offering invoice minus $1000. So, he's getting his invoice pricing and using the extra $1000 to arrange transportation...

Deleted member 10076

You haven't looked around this forum much. There are quite a few deals to be had. Your dealership may be holding strong to MSRP or higher, but you'll likely lose a few conversions along the way. You've been registered since August, so I'd be surprised if you haven't seen some of the posts from various dealers (including us) that are offering discounts to B6G members. Some dealers are even in your backyard (Kearny Mesa Ford). You may or may not recognize it, but holding the reservation and being able to switch dealers with a phone call gives more power to the buyer then you're giving them credit for.
like I said low volume dealers. I'm not disagreeing that dealers will do below I'm just saying none in Cali like LA and Orange county. Now lets just say you get below MSRP no problem but what about added dealer features and they will get you on rate. See I'm a finance manager at a Ford Dealer do 1 I am Getting D-plan and 2 is we will be making money off reserve for amount finance. Thank you

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed, everyone has quotes and guarantees they are getting now from dealers, wait till pen hits paper. You can be promised the world right now doesn't mean that is what you're getting no matter what your personal email from the GM says ;) haha. BTW, I wish them all the best, I hope they all get that 3-4k off for driving a hundred plus miles and having zero local dealer perks.
The dealers near me are terrible. I wouldn't take my vehicle to them no matter what perks they offer. I'm good with missing out on that.

Sponsored

Deleted member 10076

Yep you can say whatever you want to say but there are plenty of class act dealerships that aren’t trying to screw their customers for every dollar...
[/QUOTE
Making a profit is not screwing a customer out of a deal. This is a business and low volume dealers don't have any business so that why they have to sell below to at least sell 10 cars a month when we are doing 200 plus

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Local perks?! Ha! I bought a 75k F250 from a large Houston dealer. Brought it in for the first service and the would not drive me home 6 miles. Had to rent a car for the day. Local perks from a Ford dealer is a joke. My Audi dealer, for the same money as the F250, will bring me a loaner and drive my SUV back to my house when it’s done. Don’t sell local Ford perks here.

Status
Not open for further replies.