Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

like I said low volume dealers. I'm not disagreeing that dealers will do below I'm just saying none in Cali like LA and Orange county. Now lets just say you get below MSRP no problem but what about added dealer features and they will get you on rate. See I'm a finance manager at a Ford Dealer do 1 I am Getting D-plan and 2 is we will be making money off reserve for amount finance. Thank you
I am a volume dealer. We're in Northern California. Kearny Mesa currently has 300 new cars in stock, and I'd consider them bigger than a low volume dealer. Haven't you recognized that the folks in this forum are not the typical buyers?
Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed, everyone has quotes and guarantees they are getting now from dealers, wait till pen hits paper. You can be promised the world right now doesn't mean that is what you're getting no matter what your personal email from the GM says ;) haha. BTW, I wish them all the best, I hope they all get that 3-4k off for driving a hundred plus miles and having zero local dealer perks.
bingo

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have a nice road trip then but remember tax goes base on where you live not where you buy so you will still pay a lot
I've purchased a car before, yes, but thanks. The dealer I'm looking at switching to is actually in the state where I was born and raised so going home on a road trip isn't the worst option.

Johnl702

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Cadenza
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
like I said low volume dealers. I'm not disagreeing that dealers will do below I'm just saying none in Cali like LA and Orange county. Now lets just say you get below MSRP no problem but what about added dealer features and they will get you on rate. See I'm a finance manager at a Ford Dealer do 1 I am Getting D-plan and 2 is we will be making money off reserve for amount finance. Thank you
If you have an early reservation you can go to any dealer. If its a late one expect MY2022 for your Bronco.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He said he expected his local dealer to come down from MSRP to invoice. His option is to go to a dealer offering invoice minus $1000. So, he's getting his invoice pricing and using the extra $1000 to arrange transportation...
What you're missing is that by doing it your way, you are REWARDING the dealer that screws you over. I would happily spend a $1000 bucks on meals, hotel, and travel cost, to buy from someone that hasn't put a stick up my azz!

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I work at a Ford dealership and I promise you we and other dealers aren't doing less than MSRP
Lol, you must be new here.

Agreed, everyone has quotes and guarantees they are getting now from dealers, wait till pen hits paper. You can be promised the world right now doesn't mean that is what you're getting no matter what your personal email from the GM says ;) haha.
Yeah, you are probably right, it just an elaborate ruse they are planning so they can completely destroy their reputations.

Guys, it's getting late, best not feed the trolls anymore

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What you're missing is that by doing it your way, you are REWARDING the dealer that screws you over. I would happily spend a $1000 bucks on meals, hotel, and travel cost, to buy from someone that hasn't put a stick up my azz!
Wasn't my original idea. I was just clarifying what the had guy said since it was asked.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Irrelevant when the dealerships states up up front not required to finance with them, no required dealer addons/services, warranties or pieces of paper that the finance office sells. Not to mention any additional DOI adding at invoice vs msrp.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting to me is Ford yanked X-plan on the normal guy, I’d think Ford might want to take a look at D plan and how their dealer employees are treating this situation. Seems like Ford is getting rotten from the core. Dealers squawked about all the X eligible buyers, but there seem to be a ton of dealer employees touting their D plans around the forum lately.

Hey, as long as you get yours and the regular buyer can’t lock in pricing /doc fees, then this is just perfect. Ford might want to take a look and just not offer any program pricing the first year. Sounds about right to me. Ford has to turn a profit, right?

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work at a Ford dealership and I promise you we and other dealers aren't doing less than MSRP I have been in the business for more than 6 years and new cars that come out do not have discounts if you want to get a better price than MSRP you would have to wait for 2022 year but buy a left over 2021 model.
NOT TRUE. Kearny Mesa, in San Diego (Eric) is offering the recently discontinued (by Ford) X Plan pricing (as a value credit) against the MSRP, for both existing reservations and for any new reservations that transfer (with a qualified X Plan Pin number). With any luck, he will be able to take a huge number of NEW transferring customers... so that the added volume will make up for the enormous credits he is offering!

Last edited:

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, you must be new here.

Yeah, you are probably right, it just an elaborate ruse they are planning so they can completely destroy their reputations.

Guys, it's getting late, best not feed the trolls anymore
You're right. I'm out for a bit.

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah and really important, at least to me, is a lifetime warranty on the motor. That is priceless IMHO.
The lifetime as described by the warranty could be like 60k miles. And dealers will try everything to make sure it isn't covered ??

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine being a dealership employee of any kind coming on an enthusiasts' forum and basically admitting they're planning on bending their customers over any way possible in the age of the internet....
I know. Gotta love it!!!

dubie7006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wasn't my original idea. I was just clarifying what the had guy said since it was asked.

I'm still not following how that's a good financial decision if the difference between the two dealers is any less than, let's say, $1500. And even if transportation costs you $1k, is going through that hassle really worth $500? I would probably need a few thousand to go through that scenario.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.