Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my dealer said Ford is doing this to try to get all remaining orders scheduled by April so they can open up order banks.

Ford Bronco No more 2023MY scheduling for hardtops, Sasquatch and LUX (reported by dealership)
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this is true, it’s the most catastrophic supply chain and production meltdown in the history of new vehicle rollouts. How could any company have multiple vendor failures, simultaneously, while other companies (Tesla) are cutting production to keep demand high?
How could any company have multiple vendor failures, simultaneously, while other companies (Tesla) are cutting production prices to keep demand high?

There, fixed it for you!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How could any company have multiple vendor failures, simultaneously, while other companies (Tesla) are cutting production prices to keep demand high?

There, fixed it for you!
Maybe the wacky space African is smarter that the crusty old farts at Ford?

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Remember, @Ford Motor Company set unrealistic goals and over promised while under achieving.

The consumer followed the time line and got our orders in, yet got screwed with a price increase.

Screenshot_20220124-082349_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It makes sense that they won’t build anything with the Sasquatch package so they could use all of those bits for the Wildtrak, Heritage and Everglades. The most expensive and most limited models.
I always thought it was strange that Ford would allow a $37K Bronco to have all the performance bits of an $80K Bronco. This is a way to limit performance to the high dollar models without actually saying so. Maybe when commodities are totally unrestricted they'd open it up again, then again they could keep it restricted after everyone forgets about it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford will provide a $2500 voucher if you change your order to BL, BD, or OBX, drop lux, Sasquatch, and MIC. So what if the order holder has a two door ordered? Can’t drop the MIC on that. Why after all this time Ford couldn’t have worked out a soft top option for the two door in order to get customers their orders is beyond me.
Yeah, my only interest was in a 2-door. How do we drop hardtop from 2-door? This effectively sounds like no 2-doors.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I always thought it was strange that Ford would allow a $37K Bronco to have all the performance bits of an $80K Bronco. This is a way to limit performance to the high dollar models without actually saying so. Maybe when commodities are totally unrestricted they'd open it up again, then again they could keep it restricted after everyone forgets about it.
If the "Heritage Edition" includes the BB based one, that's actually a budget Bronco, pricing out lower than a like equipped BB.

MikeOBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aprilia V4 Tuono
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget the big change for MY 23..."the new-for-2023 7 speaker system with rear subwoofer." They ran out of those before the end of December and put in a mandatory delete! That was a huge red flag! It showed that Ford management could not deliver on features that were offered to us.

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s not how percentages work. If those percentages are correct it means that Ford doesn’t have capacity to build 47% of two door orders.
Explain again then. Because this is what I understood from the post earlier.

This is what was explained to me

What matters is not the percentage but the percentage compared to the order mix. So if an item is 4% constrained, but only 2% of the order mix… the It is effectively not constrained at all… there is enough for everyone who ordered one.

The hard top is an 85% order mix. So if the constraint is 68%, then a lot of hard top
orders are getting ignored (17% of the order mix). The soft top has a 15% order mix and a 38% constraint. Which means there is enough soft tops for everyone who orders them even though it is “more” of a constraint.

So if two door is 17% constrained and 28% mix, using what I was told above 9% would be ignored?

F2F551C4-3BC7-4582-8D3E-6A7B594458EF.png

Last edited:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Evidently an excepted order by FORD from Jan 2021 doesn't mean getting an order either.
Correct. Just like my MY21 and MY22 orders. They mean absolutely nothing at this point.

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looking under 65. Need something a little bigger than a taco since my daughter has a rear facing car seat. I had the new frontier and it was pretty cramped. Wish I could afford a trx hahha
Getting a 23 TRX with Granger. 77.5k out the door. If you can squeeze 10k more I'd definitely recommend Granger. Please skip chapman
Granger is easiest transaction ever done and I got cars from koons, Granger, chapman, Mark of Louisiana and Dan Cummins. Granger has a good deal now but if you want absolutely cheapest get base. You'll miss on 360 cameras but you are getting 6.2 hellcat supercharged 110k guys get

https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/11-...ant-no-deposit-required-granger-motors.13813/

dfresh73

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel for everyone still waiting. I finally brought mine home this morning after a 908 day wait from my reservation date. Feels weird that I won’t be checking emails and the tracker/back door link multiple times per day anymore.

RichWpg

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2d Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I managed to snag my loaded 2D from a dealer lot a few months ago, but still have my 12 month old order pending (3 for 3: sas, lux + hard top). I'm temped to keep my order at this point for the sheer entertainment of hearing all the excuses from my dealer, and maybe it will take so long, that by the time I get the car the 7th gen will be out.

I think the only thing that maybe ends this clown show is when Jeep releases the 5th gen Wrangler which will naturally peel off a ton of orders due to the (likely) updated infotainment, better quality interior (sorry Ford, but my '21/JL Wrangler interior is higher quality), next gen drive aids, PHEV/EV options and whatever else they think of (onboard air compressor anyone?).

I'm honestly surprised they aren't expediting it to close the tech gap between the Bronco and Wrangler (driver aids and infotainment are a joke in the 4th gen/JL).

There's nothing like the threat of losing your market share to spark creativity in corporations.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.