Sponsored

Off-Roading with your brand spanking new Bronco?

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine will be off-roading even before I get it home. Paint touch ups and the easily replaced body panels will be in my future.
Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plan to hit Uwharrie in mine with under 1K miles. Also plan to run the hard trails...life’s short. If it gets scratched it gets scratched. With that said, I’m going to do my damndest to keep it looking pretty so I’m probably gonna have the entire body covered in clear PPF. Have a lot of narrow trails here in Eastern NC especially in the Croatan and I’m in there once a week on average. I’d like to minimize pinstriping on this one...my F250 has numerous character marks from the woods 😂

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be getting PPF asap, before I do any off-roading.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All we have is mud besides 2 state owned OHV parks and 1 private OHV park, so it'll be offroad plenty but I don't really have to worry about body damage too much in the mud 😂

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll wheel the Bronco new; that's what its for. However, discretion is wise with this or any newer rig.

Will it go to Moab or the Rubicon; hell no. After 4-5 years when replacement parts are available, sure, but not when new.

For the first few years and while I wear out these marginal stock tires before moving to something a bit more serious, the Bronco will do light trail duty. Some mud it fine, but tight trails where trees are all around, deep water fording, shelf roads, deep mud are going to be hard no's.

Once I put a lift on it and the real rubber, that's when I'll "trust" the Bronco enough to just throw it out there.

I also have an old Disco for the more crazy stuff I tackle and plan to keep it until it truly needs to be taken out back and shot. 223K miles on a 99' and it's still just fine.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not buying this so I can soak it in Palmolive.

It's going to get calluses, busted knuckles and road rash. It's going to be bent and broken, hard of hearing in one ear and won't be able to see long distances. It won't be a trailer queen, a garage queen, or queen of the hill.

It's a utility vehicle, that will spend its life being utilized in the manner it was designed, getting from Point A to Point B, and Point B is someplace other folks don't wanna go. You won't see it in the Starbucks parking lot all shiny and new looking. There won't be tire dressing or hot soapy lather in the nooks and crannies.

So, to answer your question more succinctly, it's going off road, brand focking new.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No.....

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not buying a 4WD to wash and wax every Saturday and cruise the malls. It will most likely get scratched the very first day I own it. I don't plan to jump cliffs with it, but it will be put to my normal off road use from day one. It's a tool and will have to perform if it wants to stick around.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am buying a vehicle that has been designed to be the best off-road vehicle off-road! I will look for every opportunity to get it in the dirt. I will go through any tight trails and scratch the shit out of it!

At least until it gets it first mark and my wife sees it! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

MrMollusk

Black Diamond
First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep JK, Smart Brabus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I still break in the engine for the first 1k miles Through a range of rpms. guess I’m old school. After that though, it’s muddy!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oddly enough, I look forward to some trail rash.
I figured I earned my Stripes in the Marines, this Bronco will earn it Stripes in the field.
I'd rather this one get dinged than my 69! LOL

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't have to ask, trail pinstripes, or lack of, tells the story.
Lots of shiny built up jeeps around here, they pull great numbers on flex ramps...

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I still break in the engine for the first 1k miles Through a range of rpms. guess I’m old school. After that though, it’s muddy!
I do the same, then an oil change, then unleash hell. I am probably being paranoid with modern engines but 1K isn't a long time to be careful for a little OCD peace of mind.
Sponsored