2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup i have the mount in the jeep on the rollbar twisted for max clearance ,but throw it in back of truck to do work sometimes the handle protects the guages and im just extra careful.
my fear when rock crawling is the dog banging their head on the tank or bracket creating a bigger issue. In the truck wouldn't be a problem but with the wife's grand Cherokee, mounting isn't an option inside the cargo area and I feel she'll say the same about the Bronco, unless its on the inside of the rear tailgate.
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

my fear when rock crawling is the dog banging their head on the tank or bracket creating a bigger issue. In the truck wouldn't be a problem but with the wife's grand Cherokee, mounting isn't an option inside the cargo area and I feel she'll say the same about the Bronco, unless its on the inside of the rear tailgate.
I agree completely thats why Bruno runs the trail alongside lol

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ive never considered having on board air compressor but toying with the idea of having one and tying it in to the accessory switch. Where do people typically mount these? In the engine bay? Under the car some year? Real estate in the back?
Thoughts?
I have a an ARB air compressor for locks on my jeep in the engine bay.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As someone who airs up 6 oversize tires quite often and when the trailer isn't connected, then obviously 4 tires, I found my via 400p auto is way too slow and I waste too much time that adds up. Ive decided to go with the ARB twin compressor kit that is portable (since I have 3 offroad vehicles, 2 of those are/will be tow vehicles) so a permanent mounted solution won't work.

CKMTP12_01.jpg
Thanks what you want, 10-20 minutes of time to air up all 4 tires. Any other smaller cheaper units and you are looking at 50+ minutes before getting on the highway.

AH64DB2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning to mount mine on a molle panel on the inside of the rear tail gate.

Basically like this:
Dont see the Molle panel on Build and Price??!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree completely thats why Bruno runs the trail alongside lol
if mine was a GSP I could see that, but mine is a giant labradoodle that zones out when he's affixed on something and likes other people, dogs & large wildlife too much lol.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks what you want, 10-20 minutes of time to air up all 4 tires. Any other smaller cheaper units and you are looking at 50+ minutes before getting on the highway.
Took me 36 minutes to air up 6 tires this last time out w/ the viair 400p (4 of those were 35" & trailer tires are 33"). Do that multiple times a month and 4 tires at least 3-4 times in a weekend trip of wheeling and that's a lot of wasted time getting back on the road.

lightbulb

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Took me 36 minutes to air up 6 tires this last time out w/ the viair 400p (4 of those were 35" & trailer tires are 33"). Do that multiple times a month and 4 tires at least 3-4 times in a weekend trip of wheeling and that's a lot of wasted time getting back on the road.
Powertank is the way to go if you're looking for speed. It can be moved between vehicles as well. However, with how often you're airing down, you'll be getting refills once a month or more frequently.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Powertank is the way to go if you're looking for speed. It can be moved between vehicles as well. However, with how often you're airing down, you'll be getting refills once a month or more frequently.
Make friends at your local fire bottle store beer works wonders.

Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI, I own one of these and think this will prevent me from wanting to increase the price of my rig.

Ryobi.png

Chris
This is the way to go. Cheap, works for everything. Just going to take a minute when airing up but there are worse things to have to wait for.

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What is Ford (re-)selling as a compressor accessory? Any one know the OEM vendor?

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OBA is a must for me. I have an engine driven York on my Bronco. Kind of the gold standard. No chance I'll be doing that on a new Bronco under warranty.

The power tanks are great, but I just can't get around the need to refill, and being stingy with the air.

So that leaves me looking at the baddest electric pump my wallet can justify. I absolutely hate the wasted time waiting for folks to air up. Anything fast enough, is going to require a lot of amperage. The warn powerplant winch series have a built in compressor. Not sure how I feel about that, but it's an option.

It also worth considering that a tank of some sort is very helpful for reseating stubborn tires. Currently my bumpers double as air tanks. I may go this route again, possibly the rock rails/sliders.

I will say that OBA has been my favorite must have modification. Been running converted A/C pumps in one form or another since the mid 90's.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hence why its collecting dust in my garage. As I keep forgetting to fill it up. Plus mounting in some of our vehicles isn't an option. Other than that, yes its a great setup.
Sponsored