First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same boat. I called and have a case # for the conversation. Hopefully they pay attention
Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They aren’t very knowledgeable as the FAQ clearly states you can switch dealers. I am going with whoever will take x-plan, but reservation gave me closest dealer.

sbsdevil

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Via Twitter DM they told me that the only way to fix this issue (even though I provided screenshots of the zip code lookup not working) was to cancel and then re-order. They then proceeded to tell me that I would to the back of the line by doing this and have to wait for my truck longer.

Sponsored

shellb

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They aren’t very knowledgeable as the FAQ clearly states you can switch dealers. I am going with whoever will take x-plan, but reservation gave me closest dealer.
I'm not on ford's side at all, but it clearly doesn't say that. It says you can "reach out if you need assistance". That does not equal "you can unequivocally change".

We just need to be clear what we are arguing with them, this goes for all the blowback over the last 24 hrs (squatch, lockers, dealers, etc.)

We just need to be very clear in our approach.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know everybodys experience, BUT , after WAITING FOREVER to get to the reservation page and by paying strict attention I noticed that from one screen to the next the dealer had switched from my preferred dealer to the nearest dealer ...... I had to back all the way out and go through the whole wait process again, BUT the second time around it did stick with my preferred dealer.

I'll restate this, I had selected my preferred dealer, but at some point during one of the page changes, the web site changed the dealer back to the default.

So , I feel sorry for the folks that got caught up in the excitement and Ford seemingly pulled a fast one on them.

Could Ford have done a better job? ....absolutely, even though it worked for me, it was very VERY easy to miss.

Time to step up for your customer Ford......do you really want to blight the Bronco experience like this ???

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty stupid IMO; the Ford website even indicated you could change dealers on the reservation page. Did they just hide that now?
Dealers are probably complaining they'll have too hard a time screwing people if they are allowed to go to another dealer.:(

wander

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 E250 Super Duty Sportsmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If a dealer told me they wouldn't administer an Admin fee, there's nothing to keep them from changing their mind.

Sponsored

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I just reserved a second one at another dealer. Just in case

sean-florida

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a FE reserved but fully intend on cancelling it (mainly for paint color choices). to be honest there isn't much there in the FE that is special. get the badlands, which is what im doing...and you can cancel that all day long without fear....back of the line - ive been waiting for a new car for 10 years, big deal.. ford dropped the ball on this. i also have a tesla cybertruck reserved. whatever comes first. Ford acts like they are the only game in town.

SilverII

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I also just reserved a Badlands...just in case they play games with my FE pricing. I am not going to let them charge me ADM.

Also, when its all said and done, I will fill out their survey after the purchase. I will be honest in my feedback if they did well or not

Last edited:

ChrisMig

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 FX4 Tremor, 2007 Roush 427R Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a FE reserved. Curious if I cancel my reservation because the dealer and I cant come to terms that they'll still be allocated that FE. Which means they wont have much incentive to negotiate with me. Just a thought.

OP
OP
BuckinT29

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a FE reserved. Curious if I cancel my reservation because the dealer and I cant come to terms that they'll still be allocated that FE. Which means they wont have much incentive to negotiate with me. Just a thought.
solid point!
Sponsored