Sponsored

Poll: Reason for Ordering A Bronco

What most influenced your decision to purchase a Bronco?

• I prefer to buy Ford vehicles

• Fondness of previous Bronco models

• Functionality/Utility

• Good Product

• Good Looks

• I want something different from a Jeep, but I enjoy that type of vehicle

• Needed a new vehicle

• Other: Please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

New vehicle that's fun, useful to me and I won't see everywhere. That's it, really. We may find a way to go extreme off-road, or this may always be used on city roads and highways, like most of the thousands of jeeps around Chicago.

A year ago, I needed a four door lux, or near lux driver. Ordered a Bronco Outer Banks lux, leather. It could replace the X5, Outback, Yukon XL or Audi allroad that we had before.

Now, the Sport works well for me, which we got as we wait. I'll still get a big Bronco and drive it for a while to see how it fits our life. Fun is more important than any other. I bought a 2030 GT350 also.
Sponsored

DorlanJ

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Sequoia Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm an amateur with off roading and absolutely enjoy it. I started off with a 2018 Tacoma TRD Pro and while it was an amazing truck and perfect balance between on/off-road manners, I was looking for something with more capabilities designed for off-road fun. The Tacoma is a truck first, off-roader second. Jeep was pretty much the only alternative that comes standard from the factory designed for what I wanted.

Enter the Bronco. It's a great alternative, similar setup to the Taco, but completely different than the Wrangler. And let's all be honest with ourselves on this: Unless you're a diehard Blue Oval fan, you're here for the Bronco because it's unique, different, and the hype is real. With that being said:

1. Uniqueness - I was looking for something that stood out. Look around while driving down the road and you'll see between 20-25 Wranglers in a 5 mile radius. Yes, eventually the Bronco will be the same, but it'll take a few years before that happens. And even once it does, it'll still be no where near as the Wrangler because it'll be new and not 50+ continued years of production.
  2. Capabilities - If I have to come out of pocket less after purchase, then that means it was a smart investment. Ford has put a lot of tech and parts into the Bronco and so far, it means I'm not having to spend a lot afterwards to get it where I want it to be at.
  3. Functionality - The Wrangler is nice, but at the end of the day it's a purpose built vehicle and limited use outside of that. I have a family of 5 and because of that I automatically knew that I'd be getting a 2-door Wrangler if I got one because the 4-door offers very little for family functionality. The Bronco aligns more with a 4Runner in this regards, making it all around a better secondary vehicle than a toy. The Wrangler is a toy no matter what form you get it in if you have a Family.

And there you have it.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm trying to turn my Bronco addiction into something beneficial, so for one of my MBA classes I'm writing a case study on Ford and will be using the Bronco as a big part of my argument. Any help with the poll below would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any thoughts you have on the Ford brand as a whole would be beneficial, especially if you're not typically a Ford consumer.

Thanks all!
I think the functionality and uniqueness that the Bronco offers is what pulls people in. What a great topic for your case study, I would've loved to read it. Good luck on it, we're manifesting an A.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the functionality and uniqueness that the Bronco offers is what pulls people in. What a great topic for your case study, I would've loved to read it. Good luck on it, we're manifesting an A.
Professor writes a big A and puts an oval around it in blue ink. ;)

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I buy nothing but Ford products. Currently own six. I always wanted the original generation Bronco but they were either outrageously priced for a restored version or obscenely priced for a total rust bucket. This version was announced and I was thrilled. Unfortunately, a year and a half later, my thrill for a Bronco and my attitude towards Ford have both suffered. Never in my life would I have believed it would be this difficult to hand the Ford motor company close to $60K.

Sponsored

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A mixture of the choices posted although the "Good Product" one I question with some of the reports of engine failure, wrong seats, MIC issues, etc....

Even with the issues and delays still looking forward to taking deliver of my BL in Feb, that is if it doesn't get pushed back. I have no real use for the full capabilities of it but at my age and other issues I decided just get what I want and if it doesn't work out sell or trade for something else. If I have to take a loss it just means little less in my estate.

Reenmachine

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150, 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dad had a couple of Broncos and my grandpa had a Blazer and then a Bronco when I was a child. Later our family had many F150s and Explorers. I actually lusted for a 2 door Tahoe or Yukon as a young adult. I couldn’t afford one at the time and now that could probably afford the inflated price for a “clean” example, the nicest $8k 99 2 Door Tahoe still has 500,000 miles and rusted out rocker panels. So I landed on Jeep’s. A few years back I started getting a second vehicle to save miles on my beloved Jeep. Just ahead of the new Bronco release, I bought a CPO F150 with a 2.7. It is really good but it does not make my heart sing like when I drive my Jeep. I really like that 2.7 engine though. I was following the Bronco release and was concerned that it would have a shitty dash like an Edge, Explorer, or Ranger and I was a little concerned about the possibility that it would have shitty seats like an Edge, Explorer, or Ranger. But then again it could also have good seats like an f150. When the debut finally occurred, and it was revealed that it had a good dash and the 2.7 I decided to roll the dice. My thoughts being that it could be the daily driver for me that would contain some of the aspects of the F150 that I like and be easier to park, and make my heart sing like when I drive my Jeep and help to preserve my Jeep. When I finally got to sit in one I breathed a large sigh of relief when I discovered it did not have shitty edge seats. Would have been nice to not have to order it sight unseen and would have been nice if Ford knew how to put together an options package and it would also have been nice to have received it in a reasonable time frame, but I should have it in less than a month at this point and can start figuring out how to fix the interior flaws. Hacking the heated steering wheel will likely prove to be the most difficult.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This will be the last gas engine I'll ever buy so a manual transmission was a must and I wanted something fun that I could keep for the rest of my life (and maybe give to a grandkid in 30 years). 99% of the time it will just be me and my wife so a 2 door was also a must. I only drive 5 miles to work. For long trips, we have her Bronco Sport so being practical wasn't a concern. I looked at a wrangler but I don't rock climb and wanted something better on the road.

Honestly, if I designed a vehicle, it would have been the 2 door Bronco. Well, I would have made the v6 available in manual.

*edit - Follow up
Would have been nice to not have to order it sight unseen and would have been nice if Ford knew how to put together an options package and it would also have been nice to have received it in a reasonable time frame, but I should have it in less than a month at this point and can start figuring out how to fix the interior flaws.
I have these concerns but I really do intend to keep this thing a long time so I figure that eventually I'll replace/upgrade anything that bothers me

My take as a case study. Ford did an amazing job designing this thing. Everything else was a disaster.

Last edited:

rinconryder

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cool project! I haven't read the other posts but based on the poll results I am sure to be repeating what others have said. I have always wanted an older bronco (69 Ford bronco or around there.) I had the chance to buy one from an older guy that was in pretty good condition for 16K but didn't pull the trigger and have kicked myself ever since. Anything worth it started to climb in price and got pretty expensive while lacking the basic safety features and advancements that one would expect when paying X amount of dollars...Then came word of a new, retro like, bronco and I waited and waited and waited...I was totally stoked on it when it was released - a pleasant nod to the history of the bronco but with modern comforts, safety features and four doors now that I have two children. This is primarily going to be a fun car, one that I will hopefully pass down to my daughter one day when she starts driving 13 years from now.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Functionality/tech
2. Good looks
3. Also liked Jeep’s, had a Grand Cherokee at one point, but wanted something different and modern.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just like the looks and uniqueness in an age where SUV's all look so generic. My wife is hard on vehicles so I would rather dump $60k into something like this that has some style and a durable plastic interior than on a luxury SUV where I will notice all the damage to the interior leather and exterior as I have a bit of OCD.
I was in the same boat while shopping for an SUV. It's a sea of unibody crossovers and there's a pretty limited selection of truck based SUV's. I looked at the 4Runner for 5 minutes and couldn't bring myself to buy a 12 year old vehicle design.

Learned to drive on a '98 Ranger that's still at my parents house with 250k miles. My late grandfather had a early 90's Bronco before making the jump to an Expedition. The funny thing is he was an Italian immigrant from NJ that primarily used it for fetching cases of grapes for his homemade wine or towing trailers of "free" firewood he'd collect from the neighbors. He also gifted me 12 shares of Ford which I kept to this day and wouldn't sell unless it was the last $200 I was worth!

I never had a whiff of off-road culture in my Bronco experience but was drawn to it through my grandfather. He knew what hard work was and made a life here from nothing. I'm happy there's a Bronco for me and I know he'd smile at me driving one.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Long story short, friend got me thinking about it, record says I cant speed, wanted a manual convertible and love offroading

would of got a Jeep, but built a 2.3 before and also like that its IFS

Arjineal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Saturn Astra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wife wanted a larger vehicle and I wanted a manual. We wanted to stay away from the quality issues in jeeps.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm trying to turn my Bronco addiction into something beneficial, so for one of my MBA classes I'm writing a case study on Ford and will be using the Bronco as a big part of my argument. Any help with the poll below would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any thoughts you have on the Ford brand as a whole would be beneficial, especially if you're not typically a Ford consumer.

Thanks all!
I’m wrapping up my masters at Penn State right now. Just curious what course are you doing the case study. Seems like a cool topic.
Sponsored