Sponsored

Poll: Reason for Ordering A Bronco

What most influenced your decision to purchase a Bronco?

• I prefer to buy Ford vehicles

• Fondness of previous Bronco models

• Functionality/Utility

• Good Product

• Good Looks

• I want something different from a Jeep, but I enjoy that type of vehicle

• Needed a new vehicle

• Other: Please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

BlueBronco1969

First Edition
First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco (Blue)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

In November of 1968 my grandfather (age 47) bought a 1969 Ford Bronco (profile pic). I grew up in it and it was the only heirloom I ever wanted or needed from a wonderful man (and WWII Hero since its Veteran’s Day). In summer of 2020 (at age 47), I ordered a Bronco. Because nostalgia is a powerful thing.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The moment for me was flipping through YouTube and coming across the Bronco reveal video. I was immediately sold, and I wasn’t looking for a vehicle. Great job, Ford Marketing!

I usually buy a new vehicle every couple of years anyways. I love being in a larger vehicle, but don’t need a pick-up truck. I love the styling and options, and want to start doing more off roading.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford
4X4
Manual
4 cylinder

That's my must have list for a new vehicle and the 6G is the first vehicle in years to check them all off.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Purely an off road toy! I am also a loyal Ford customer.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other: Wanted a 4x4 w/ a stick, didn't want a jeep because I'm not a fan of off-road vehicles. (I was going to buy a Tacoma, but Toyota hasn't updated that truck significantly in ages)

If Ford offered the Bronco Sport w/ a stick I likely would have bought one of those instead.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4x4
removable top
manual
not a jeep or old truck

I prefer cars but always liked first gen Broncos, Defenders, old FJ cruisers, CJs, 4runners, Blazers and Internationals that had removable tops and manuals and until this new Bronco, Jeep was the only one still doing it.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm trying to turn my Bronco addiction into something beneficial, so for one of my MBA classes I'm writing a case study on Ford and will be using the Bronco as a big part of my argument. Any help with the poll below would be greatly appreciated.

Also, any thoughts you have on the Ford brand as a whole would be beneficial, especially if you're not typically a Ford consumer.

Thanks all!
I chose "Other"
My husband insists I buy an AWD vehicle... I have had convertibles many times (before I was with hubby)... unfortunately the AWD convertibles are not good for hockey bags, so I obviously needed something bigger. I am not a fan of jeeps, and always loved the utilitarian look of the older bronco. Having the ability to take the top/doors off gives me the convertible, with the cool look, and enough room for the hockey equipment.

As for Ford, I am no longer a fan because of the debacles that are outlined on this message board. The rollout of the Bronco was a complete disaster. I ordered in March, was in production first week of Aug and bulit Aug 16th... I just received the shipping ETA information last night. I contacted cutomer service almost every day (on hold many times for over an hour), and got NOWHERE (circle jerk); Even tweeting King Levine got me ghosted. I am a bit pissed that I will potentially (crossing my fingers) get my vehicle in Decemer 2021... and the they will expect me to pay FULL PRICE for a vehicle that sat out in the dirt with 'who knows what types of problems' for months. My hubby says if I dont want it, they will surely sell to someone else and get more money. Just not a good buying experience.
Ford doesn't understand the notion of customer service
The isn't always right, but the customer is always the customer...

Last edited:

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I buy nothing but Ford products. Currently own six. I always wanted the original generation Bronco but they were either outrageously priced for a restored version or obscenely priced for a total rust bucket. This version was announced and I was thrilled. Unfortunately, a year and a half later, my thrill for a Bronco and my attitude towards Ford have both suffered. Never in my life would I have believed it would be this difficult to hand the Ford motor company close to $60K.
Hang in there, it'll be worth it in the end.

AlpineDescent

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford
Ability to drive around topless and doorless
4x4
7MT
Go anywhere
Ability to drive over any pesky Hondas that are in the way

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My son has a 1970 Bronco and I love it. My daughter has a 2005 Jeep that I also love. But unlike both of my children, I am not skilled at fixing an old car that is broken down on the side of the road. So I wanted to buy something new.

And I love the new Bronco more than I love the new Jeeps.❤

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The course is Brand Strategy. Our final is a case study and brand recommendation of our choosing, so I chose Ford since I've studied the brand more than any other over the past year. Plus I've always liked Ford even before my crippling Bronco addiction.
With that in mind. What strategy to execution did Ford depart from industry norms with the Bronco launch and succeed. Where might they have missed the mark? I like the details they pulled from the heritage models to create the modern rendition. It does identify as a brand while meeting the design objectives for the most market adoption.

As far and brand marketing, I find this interesting given I still have people I know that don't know this vehicle exists. I then spend 10 minutes explaining my endless want of one. Get them excited, then tell them they won't get one till 2023 if they order today. I think Ford is doing a good job keeping the marketing budget in check knowing they can't meet the sales numbers they have. Historically, any other vehicle this big would have had adverting of epic proportions by now. This one is taking on the use of network effects similar to Tesla.

Good luck as you wrap up your program. I've got one class left in the spring semester. At this point, it looks like I may earn a Master's Degree in less time than reserving, ordering, receiving a Bronco.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently received a big inheritance. Right away, it came to my mind to spend some of it to acquire a vehicle that is better suited to my present profession and life than my current 2016 Dodge Dart. Of all the cars I've ever had, this Dart is by far the least capable of handing any kind of rough terrain. Even some of the streets here in Sacramento are rougher than it really likes. (That's what happens when you live in the capital of one of the most corrupt states in the nation, with a state government infested with criminal filth who jack up our taxes, explicitly claiming it's to fix our roads, then misuse the resulting revenue to line their own pockets, while they jack up our taxes again, because the roads are still not getting fixed.)

Of course, it's while I own this car, the least rough-terrain-capable vehicle that I have ever owned, that my profession has turned in a direction that sees me spending a lot of times on construction sites, the entrances and exits from some of which are almost as bad as some Sacramento streets.

Somewhere along the time I was starting to think of what I might do with the inheritance that was coming my way, my attention was drawn to the upcoming new Bronco. I've long considered myself a devout Ford guy, though I currently do not own anything from Ford (aside from a few scattered relics from my first car, a 1969 Falcon station wagon). Trying to keep an open mind, I've looked at other offerings, from Ford, and from other brands, and I just kept coming back to the Bronco. The off-road capabilities of even the least-capable possible variant of the Bronco are far better than what I objectively have any need for, but other than that, it truly seems, compared to other vehicles that I've looked into, the best balance between price and being best suited to my needs.

Getting all the features I want, pushes me up to the Badlands trim. If I could get the washout interior (only available on the Black Diamond and Badlands trims) and the Lux package (only available on Outer Banks or higher) on a Base, I might very well have gone with that.

But considering all the construction dirt in my Dodge, the washout interior seems extremely desirable, and I'm pretty determined to have the safety features that are found only in the High package, at least, and I'd really like some of those found in the Lux package, so the Badlands it is.

Once I have my Bronco (estimated around June of next year), I'll certainly enjoy much easier and more confident entry and exit to my construction sites. Once I have it, I'm going to have to find other places to go with it, that a normal car won't go.

Last edited:

eurydice_96

Badlands
First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never owned a domestic vehicle, but I have been in love with the 60's style Broncos since I was 16. When I saw the retro look AND found out it was coming in a manual, I was sold.
Sponsored