Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

so lethal had super fast shipping. thanks.

mine was trouble free......

just for giggles i connected the procal to my computer after flashing the tune and hit update. got -1011 wrong email for this voucher pop up window. anyone else?
Yup, you gotta contact FP for a new voucher code. They are gonna want full screen shots of proof of purchase, your vin, a picture of the issue and your current voucher code. It takes about a day or 2 to get a new code
Sponsored

reechar

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door 7 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have had the the tune for a few weeks now. Butt Dyno still says itsperforming great.

However... just realized the turbo boost pressure gauge in the dashboard cluster always reads 0.0 PSI, at all times now. Hooked up the procal and used the datalogging/gauge feature and the "BP" which I assume stands for boost pressure, also continues to read 0.

I think I am still building boost, as the power is still there, but something seems off. Might be related to the tune, might not be, need to figure that out.

I wanted to try and do some debugging and figure out if its related to the tune, so I attempted to flash back to stock, and that is failing for me as well now. Guess I'll have to call up some folks to do more troubleshooting, but not super excited about this turn of events

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Completed the calibration/tune last night. After a little bit of some bumps of finding a computer that ran windows and getting the device updated, everything went super smooth.

I noticed a big jump in low end pep, brings the 2.3 to life with more torque. Really this is now the engine should have been mapped out of the gates. I didn't buy the Bronco to be fast but a little pep would be nice.

A couple of questions ...

Rev Matching, is that only for the MT? My GTI (I know a Bronco is not a GTI) had a great down shifting rev match. Is that possible with this? I read about Rev Matching but just not sure.

Mileage, the one thing I noticed immediately was that my miles to empty jumped by 100 miles. I have a practically full tank of premium in and had 300 miles to empty. After the flash it reads 393 miles to empty. No way it can add that much??? Anyone else have this occur??

These are only about 10 miles of observation/review.

LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mileage, the one thing I noticed immediately was that my miles to empty jumped by 100 miles. I have a practically full tank of premium in and had 300 miles to empty. After the flash it reads 393 miles to empty. No way it can add that much??? Anyone else have this occur??
I've had the opposite happen with my mileage. I had a full tank of premium, 374 miles to empty. After the flash, I had 300 miles. I believe the flash may have recognized my vehicle as a 2 door instead of the 4 door it actually is and adjusted the gas tank size accordingly. Some quick calculations of 18 mpg confirms that this is the case (at least on my end).

EDIT: Turns out that the tune reset the fuel tank size to 0.0 gallons. A quick edit in FORScan in the IPC brought it back to 20.8 gallons.

Last edited:

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I had my tune installed at a Ford dealership this morning. Had the FordPass points to do it and just wanted a Ford install for peace of mind and warranty in case anything comes up. My firsts impressions are very similar to others, this thing feels more alive and the shift points are WAY WAY better. I thought the 2.3 was plenty peppy but this tune for low end torque and tranny shift points makes this thing even that much better. Bonus is it remembers auto start stop is off and I don’t have to do that every time any more.
I have to think Ford considered this as a standard at one point and just got conservative with the stock calibration.

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had the opposite happen with my mileage. I had a full tank of premium, 374 miles to empty. After the flash, I had 300 miles. I believe the flash may have recognized my vehicle as a 2 door instead of the 4 door it actually is and adjusted the gas tank size accordingly. Some quick calculations of 18 mpg confirms that this is the case (at least on my end).

EDIT: Turns out that the tune reset the fuel tank size to 0.0 gallons. A quick edit in FORScan in the IPC brought it back to 20.8 gallons.

I have the same issue getting shorted about 80 miles. Was that a pretty easy value to find in FORScan for editing? I didn't seen anything tagged on the spreadsheet, but it also hasn't been updated for months. Pretty annoying considering it's an official Ford product.

LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same issue getting shorted about 80 miles. Was that a pretty easy value to find in FORScan for editing? I didn't seen anything tagged on the spreadsheet, but it also hasn't been updated for months. Pretty annoying considering it's an official Ford product.
I found it by using the ForScan forum. Here's the thread. Even though step 13 says it's for a 2020+ F Series, it also applies to us Bronco people.

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14698

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was reluctant to get this as it irked me to need to spend another $750 to just get my ECU to play happy with the m210 diff swap, but having done it I'm happy with the outcome even on 87 octane.

SVT-BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F150, 14 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was reluctant to get this as it irked me to need to spend another $750 to just get my ECU to play happy with the m210 diff swap, but having done it I'm happy with the outcome even on 87 octane.
Can you run 87 octane with this tune?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has there been an updated tune since this dropped? I installed pretty much day 1 and haven't touched the pro-cal since, but noticed that it appears they updated a tune today when i connected although there is not a way to see changelog from what i can tell.

@LethalPerformance any insight?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Has there been an updated tune since this dropped? I installed pretty much day 1 and haven't touched the pro-cal since, but noticed that it appears they updated a tune today when i connected although there is not a way to see changelog from what i can tell.

I'll reach out to my contact at Ford Performance and reply once I have an answer. They're out of the office this week so please be patient as I don't know how quick I'll be able to get a reply.

Thanks!

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Going outside to check my bronco I have had range calculation of a 2 door for a while.

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

There was at least one update as the FAD removal was added after the initial release of the tune.

There were also a couple bugs they've dealt with. I'm not sure if those were an update or case by case fixes via FP. I read a lot of posts on the ProCal 4 before caving in.

I need to fire up Forscan anyway, so I'll check my ProCal while I'm at it.
Sponsored