Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got the 2.3 in my Mustang - and it's night/day going from 87 to 91. for a difference of about $2.00 per tankful, I don't know why anyone would go with a lower grade fuel.
Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Serious question, what is the advantage or the point of getting Ethanol free? Only reason I ask is b/c I am from a big farming community and a lot of people push the ethonal.
The more ethanol the gasoline has in it, the less energy it has, so the less your mpg is. Ethanol-free is going to give you more mpg and increased range.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This maybe a dealbreaker for me. Never owned a turbo before. I am not running premium in a DD. Damn it this maybe the end of my new Bronco plan.
I’ve personally seen a Focus ST with 2.0 ecoboost run on regular 87 for 92000 miles perfectly fine. Would have went longer but sold the car. You do not need to put premium in it. Will it run better on premium, yes, but it’s not mandatory as the computer will automatically adjust everything when it senses less than 93 gas.

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Serious question, what is the advantage or the point of getting Ethanol free? Only reason I ask is b/c I am from a big farming community and a lot of people push the ethonal.
On a new vehicle, it's only a small decrease in mileage, as they have components meant to handle the crap.

Older stuff and small engines with carburetors, it is horrible for them. The ethanol absorbs water and causes corrosion inside carbs and gas tanks and very quickly deteriorates fuel lines and gaskets. Something that gets driven often, it's not that bad but something that sits around, like over the winter, it will cause problems in just a few years.

Sponsored

djteotancolis

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G80 3.8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know if it will be compatible with Flex fuel? Not that I will use Flex fuel but in Atlanta, it helps to have it.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know if it will be compatible with Flex fuel? Not that I will use Flex fuel but in Atlanta, it helps to have it.
check out the mustang EB forums for more info, but you would need to upgrade fuel pump, rails, etc. Worth it for people looking to build for more power......Funny how everyone is posting how they want ethanol free gas and I’m thinking how do I get this thing to run on E85! Sure you get worse mpg, but it’s dirt cheap and like 100-105 octane. Been running my Subaru’s on E85 and Flexfuel for almost 10 years. My current STi made an extra 50 Whp and Torque just by going from 93 to E85. Have not had any issues and will definitely go flexfuel on the Bronco as the aftermarket develops.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the 2.7 and run 87 most of the time. Here in MI are about 500’ above sea level. In the summer I can detect a difference, but rarely run anything but Costco 87. Boat, See Doos, motorcycles, power equipment all get 89 ethanol free. Hard to find in metro Detroit, but it’s available in most rural areas or where boats are used a lot. Ethanol attracts water and is horrible in any environment where you have moisture. I have used it in my F150 and any difference is undetectable to me. Several downsides to Ethanol in my experience. It goes bad very, very quickly when stored. I have never seen an example where more than 10% ethanol is worth the price difference, net cost when the difference in mileage is calculated. Biggest upside, it does resist detonation better than gasoline, so it can work really well in turbo or supercharged high performance applications, as many have stated.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

check out the mustang EB forums for more info, but you would need to upgrade fuel pump, rails, etc. Worth it for people looking to build for more power......Funny how everyone is posting how they want ethanol free gas and I’m thinking how do I get this thing to run on E85! Sure you get worse mpg, but it’s dirt cheap and like 100-105 octane. Been running my Subaru’s on E85 and Flexfuel for almost 10 years. My current STi made an extra 50 Whp and Torque just by going from 93 to E85. Have not had any issues and will definitely go flexfuel on the Bronco as the aftermarket develops.
It’s a weird dichotomy. I’d rather have either zero ethanol gas or e85 on a setup built to run it. Not interested in e10 junk

Sponsored

ocnorBdroF1202

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC 1500 SLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At Rudy's BBQ and they have all grades ethanol free and Murphy's Express has regular that is ethanol free.
QT gas stations also have ethanol free (look for the red handles on the pumps)...that what I run in my '66 Chevelle

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same as my '11 Stang. I always used premium.

I'm not gonna sweat an extra $50-60 at the end of the year.

On the stang I think you lost 10 hp and 15 ft-lbs on 87
Well depending how you drive,
I fill up 48 times a year if it’s a 4-6 dollar difference between fill ups comparing premium to regular, that’s about 300 a year for me.
Again, depends how you drive, ur 60 bux at end of year for you is way different than mine

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This maybe a dealbreaker for me. Never owned a turbo before. I am not running premium in a DD. Damn it this maybe the end of my new Bronco plan.
*Willing to spend $40-$50k on a vehicle
87 octane currently is $3.39/gallon near me and 91 is $3.69 -

*Not willing to spend an extra $4-$5 per tank on good gas

Makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads