Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As you're all painfully aware, production at MAP will be down 2 of the next 4 weeks as suppliers - mainly Webasto - struggle to produce nearly enough to satisfy the build demand. The thought behind the shutdowns is to allow these suppliers to get a running start, so to speak, for the start of "full speed" production on 8/2.

With that said, there is hope. MAP has absolutely hit its stride with Bronco production, and the entire production process from the body shop through final assembly has been completely smoothed out and perfected. Both yesterday and today, Bronco's dedicated body shop pumped out 200 complete Bronco shells *per shift*. This is a HUGE step forward in moving towards the 8/2 target.

As for blend of Broncos to Rangers on final assembly at that point, expect anywhere from 5:1 to 7:1, as commodities allow. With lots across the country struggling for inventory and so many Ranger configurations still buildable throughout these shortages, I expect that Ranger production won't be completely strangled.

Even with the June and July builds that were pushed back to August, there are LOTS of production slots for the August schedule that will soon be filled. I expect many more of you to receive VINs and build dates in the next few weeks.

The biggest problem remains Webasto, and MIC hard tops will complicate the more straightforward build scheduling they were hoping for well into MY2022. IF you have a reservation from late July or later, want your Bronco soon, and can live with a soft top for a bit, take the option to switch to the HT prep kit soft top option that goes into production in September.

For you 2 door guys, early reservation holders should be hearing something soon. The fate of those late-July 2-door orders lie, unfortunately, in the newly-onboarded crew at Webasto.

Plans are still afoot to come back on 8/2 building as many as they can, but it's obvious the production blend won't be able to match actual orders until the roof issue is sorted... and we all know that's a ways off.

I'm a luck son of a bitch, my Bronco is sitting in my driveway now. I can tell you in all my experience that these rigs are worth the wait. Of course that's easier said on this side of the situation.
Thanks for the update. I reserved on the second day but I still have a pretty high reservation number. I don't want to settle. I've waited this long and I'll wait for the hard top.
Sponsored

JustinC

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question for my Wildtrak brothers and sisters.....I reserved 7/30, so I already knew I was going to be pushed out some time back. I stuck with the MOD top and was going to wait it out. Now with the latest e-mail I am contemplating switching to the MIC top. With the MIC having issues as well, I wonder if it is even worth changing. Any input would be appreciated. 2023 is so far away!! 😕
For reference, I have a 7/18 4dr Wildtrak with a MIC top on order. My dealer as well as when I talked with Ford, neither seemed confident in a 2021 model but more like a early Q1 MY22. Hope this helps.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I went to the dealer earlier this week and changed my dual tops mod top order to soft top only. Is there anything else like another option available right now to signify soft top with hardtop prep kit? Is there a chance my order may get built without it before September? My sheet does still say priority 99.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As you're all painfully aware, production at MAP will be down 2 of the next 4 weeks as suppliers - mainly Webasto - struggle to produce nearly enough to satisfy the build demand. The thought behind the shutdowns is to allow these suppliers to get a running start, so to speak, for the start of "full speed" production on 8/2.

With that said, there is hope. MAP has absolutely hit its stride with Bronco production, and the entire production process from the body shop through final assembly has been completely smoothed out and perfected. Both yesterday and today, Bronco's dedicated body shop pumped out 200 complete Bronco shells *per shift*. This is a HUGE step forward in moving towards the 8/2 target.

As for blend of Broncos to Rangers on final assembly at that point, expect anywhere from 5:1 to 7:1, as commodities allow. With lots across the country struggling for inventory and so many Ranger configurations still buildable throughout these shortages, I expect that Ranger production won't be completely strangled.

Even with the June and July builds that were pushed back to August, there are LOTS of production slots for the August schedule that will soon be filled. I expect many more of you to receive VINs and build dates in the next few weeks.

The biggest problem remains Webasto, and MIC hard tops will complicate the more straightforward build scheduling they were hoping for well into MY2022. IF you have a reservation from late July or later, want your Bronco soon, and can live with a soft top for a bit, take the option to switch to the HT prep kit soft top option that goes into production in September.

For you 2 door guys, early reservation holders should be hearing something soon. The fate of those late-July 2-door orders lie, unfortunately, in the newly-onboarded crew at Webasto.

Plans are still afoot to come back on 8/2 building as many as they can, but it's obvious the production blend won't be able to match actual orders until the roof issue is sorted... and we all know that's a ways off.

I'm a luck son of a bitch, my Bronco is sitting in my driveway now. I can tell you in all my experience that these rigs are worth the wait. Of course that's easier said on this side of the situation.
Always great posts from you and I sure hope that Ford Corp appreciates your “unofficial” updates that are very accurate and go a long way to calming our little gang here on Bronco6G.

I received a strange email from Ford on yesterday just basically saying to “stay calm” and being an early reservation holder that my rig is coming soon and wasn‘t more specific than that, but still some good communication I guess.

Who knows, my wait may be coming to a close, but I’ll believe when I see it.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For reference, I have a 7/18 4dr Wildtrak with a MIC top on order. My dealer as well as when I talked with Ford, neither seemed confident in a 2021 model but more like a early Q1 MY22. Hope this helps.
So a Christmas gift

Sponsored

basundy

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've got my VIN, window sticker, and In production status. I'm just curious since my blend date is 07/02, if mine will be started and picked back up after the shutdown.

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you Ross!!! You’ve been amazing with the info! I have a 7/14 res for 2 dr Badlands MIC lux, 2.7 ! I will remain hopeful! 😎
Same build and date. Let’s hope for some good news soon. Cheers.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh….. okay :(

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I sure hope this is true. I've got a timestamp in the first three hours of going live for a 2 Door Base Sasquatch with 2.7 and modular bumper.
Day 2 reservation. 2 door Base Squatch. Hope springs eternal, but hoping for it before the snow flies up in here...
It will be interesting to see if you guys get the email next Thursday. I would think certainly with a Base.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theory on people with build dates getting pushed back:

You may have “jumped the line” in front of someone that reserved before you because yours was “buildable”. If the person that you skipped, changed their order to something “buildable” that may push you backs since they can’t put them in front of you? Basically they get your build date spot and you move to the next one? Just a thought, can’t confirm…

kinda gives hope to early res peeps that switched to a buildable Bronco. And the ones pushed back still maintains a build date?
My heart sank when no MY22 mod tops was announced, because I knew people will switch to MIC or soft and jump back in front of me.

sasbend2

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Fox body, 2014 Mustang GT, 2006 F150 SC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks Ross, in your opinion what is considered a early reservation. I am a 10:00 am July 16th
is this early enough? Big Bend 2 door, 2.3 auto, sas.

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, that was the first time he had ever called me. I texted him this weekend to add roof rails to my build, and I assume as he and the GSM was going over my build, the GSM had him call me to ask about the 4dr option. He even called me Kerry instead of Merry. There’s hope for my 2dr build and my sales team. Not a bad day, all in all. But having hope and exposure to being let down is a real thing. We all have to temper our expectations.
Don't be surprised if a soft top becomes available on 2 doors. Remember a few weeks ago when I started the year with the WBDO screen grab of the 4 for soft top prep kit, the other one was a 2 door top credit. Both options have vanished shortly after I posted it. But where there's smoke... you know the rest. Cheers

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks Ross, in your opinion what is considered a early reservation. I am a 10:00 am July 16th
is this early enough? Big Bend 2 door, 2.3 auto, sas.
If you aren't 7/13-7/14 and have a MIC or 2 door I have zero confidence in a 2021. I'm almost at zero on 7/14 orders.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.