First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Old cruise control on my dad 84 Econoline I took to california when I was 18 worked just fine lol. Any cruise control that reliably functions with a carburetor is by nature adaptive.

But for real I obviously havent crawled under one yet being in Hawaii, but I see no reason why someone couldnt space the bumper out maybe 2 or 3 inches and build a winch plate behind it. I plan on doing that, and there is a small chance I will be doing it Roadkill style in a empty lot near Granger Ford IA with Harbor Freight tools.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You guys keep forgetting there's an intercooler right there that needs airflow

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought I didn’t need adaptive cruise until I experienced how well it works on Fords. That’d be tough to give up.
What kills it for the Bronco is the lack of traffic management controls. Each brand calls it something different, but basically the vehicle will not coast to a stop in traffic and accelerate out the other side once traffic starts moving. My Audi will do this and it makes all the difference. My Ranger Tremor will not, and because of that I never use it.

I just might be willing to give it up for a hidden winch.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will just add a fan, or a scoop or move the intercooler up high away from the hot road. Cant exactly put the winch on the hood but the intercooler would be fine. Doesnt the ranger have a relocator kit available for that already.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was thinking about this too, but wouldn’t RTR be aware of the flow requirements and account for them somehow?

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t think any of this is directly related to RTR, or showing any possible winch mount that might be coming from RTR. The source of this seems to be from an IG account/website called “offroad source”. Here is the website.
https://offroadsource.com/

It honestly looks kinda shady and can’t tell what purpose the website serves other than make imaginary builds ala the interactive garage website. They don’t sell parts or anything from what I can tell.

The only thing RTR related on this render is the grill and the wheels. Not trying to be a party pooper, but this doesn’t look something that is coming from RTR anytime soon. Just some wishful thinking in a render.
Ford Bronco Rendering: Winch mounted inside HD modular bumper by RTR F2B102AA-CAF0-4F48-86F0-26CF34B5646D

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

some fords do this, its called stop and go.

Not sure if the bronco gets it though.
Yup, I think Sport has it, but not the big Bronco

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Saw this bumper earlier today and got excited! I do want to keep my ACC for when I take a long trip out West since I hate driving long distances, but I haven't been off road without a winch in over 15 years. No, don't use it all the time but with the current set up I'm down to straps and a buddy.

Guess I want my cake and eat it too, which was likely unrealistic from the start, but the ACC is why I ponied up for the Lux and just think Ford or the aftermarket should just figure this out.

I plan on getting similar lights but Baja Design for my front bumper, but only 2-4 with at least a couple amber. That array up front would scare me in collision. Those lights I'm eyeing (pun) are like $500 per and would hate to get them damaged by hanging off the front like that. Would likely never happen, so minus that, love the render.
Sponsored