First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What’s the type of mounts? Got a pic from the back side of that to show how they are attached? Did you add a rail up there?
I hacked up some old mounts to connect with the BYOD hole and I used slightly modified Bulbhead fastball mounts to provide a magnetic mount for the cell phone and radar detector. The Fastball cups are magnetic, so they will hold a flat plate in place. No rail yet. I plan on doing that soon.
Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just updating, and not good news; the cable and head unit are still currently on backorder with no expected availability. Out of curiosity, is there any inherent difference beyond size and what seems to be possible resolution variance between them? Is one faster? Does one come with off-road maps? I jumped to the task because I had very good chances of seeing my Bronco before many of you, and hoped to give you answers. Plus I like a challenge and hot-rod my old cars at home, so of course I had to hot-mod the Bronco. Maybe if anyone has seen success on another post or forum I haven't seen, link it here?
Too buay to do it this or next weekend, but I still have some oder IDE hard drives that should have a priority jumper pin I can try on the 12", which is what I believe honestly is totally worth a shot. I don't see a jumper pin in the parts breakdown, but I haven't ben able to confirm what the end of the pink cable looks like either.
Beautiful day here in BFE MN; I'll post a pic of "Shadowmere" sometime today

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Even in the much bigger interior of my F150 the 12" is incredibly distracting at night. So much so that I usually end up turning the screen off. It doesn't even really look that big in the F150, but it looks huge in the bronco, so I can't imagine how much worse it would be. It does look fancy and I like the huge screen for the backup camera, but other than that it really serves no practical purpose.

20220415_160919.jpg
The first Bronco I drove was the WT with the high package. Like you, I thought the 12” screen was very distracting and almost too big for the interior. Maybe that’s just me, but I sit in front of 32” and 27” 4K monitors for work and the last thing I want to do is stare at another huge screen in my Bronco when I’m trying to get away from it all.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only reason I like the 12' more than the 8' is because the 12' is mounted flush/clean with the dash. The 8' has that ugly inset/border for no reason.

The down side to the 12' is it looks to0 big for the space.

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here be Shadowmere, technically a Sasquatch next to my Yeti, the '02 7.3L Excursion. This is the testbed for the 12" once I have a final solution.

Ford Bronco Replacing 8" with 12" Screen? 20220507_141118

Sponsored

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
any updates? I do miss the 12" screen that I had in my F150

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry. I'm predominantly on another thread for the same thing. I have a new module, different part number than my OEM, but it also is for the 8" screen. Somehow it's updated, or maybe different supplier? I will throw it in and see if it is any different, or resolves say the android auto answer incoming call, and it goes to my watch... but my wife hit a deer last week so her 1-ton is at the dealership for repairs, and she's driving the Bronco. Gonna be a few weeks.
Usually our work stops come Thanksgiving, and I will have time then to rip the dash apart again. I have another part I want to see if it's swappable too though; the auto vs manual climate control, single zone so I may have something there too while I have the dash apart... If I can get and auto one, that is. I am seriously just stuck waiting on the actual radio module for the 12" screen (beyond the Tremor out for the deer)

JerseyMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
got it, thanks for the update

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, if anyone on here is simply looking for what all is involved, it is the radio module itself, a different connector between the radio and screen, the screen itself, and the dash trim panel. BUT, being that I don't have the radio module yet, it is possible, though rather unlikely that it will need anything else. I think I posted the parts cost somewhere, but not sure if this thread or the other 8-12" swap thread. It's also costly, but I own a base, so it's nice to have a rather custom base. Makes me think of Harley Davidson's; the rarest ones are stock

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pre X-mas update: still waiting for the warranty screen to come in. Like I posted before, I'm predominantly on the other 12" screen thread. It's been 3 weeks since the wrong (8") screen came in and was corrected to the correct 12" part number I ordered when I ordered the Bronco's accessories, so no news there but on hold.

Sponsored

japont4

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT (Sold), 2024 Big Bend 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pre X-mas update: still waiting for the warranty screen to come in. Like I posted before, I'm predominantly on the other 12" screen thread. It's been 3 weeks since the wrong (8") screen came in and was corrected to the correct 12" part number I ordered when I ordered the Bronco's accessories, so no news there but on hold.
Did you ever find a solution?

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you ever find a solution?
Yes; just posted it all in another thread. Not 100% my solution is the ONLY possible combination of parts. The screen turned out I missed an additional power & ground, and does indeed work. I borked my SiriusXM, but that's a Forscan uh-oh on my part. I'll post a link to the other thread, but until work stops for the season I don't have the time to write everything up neatly. I also have one more proof-of-concept that may simply mean owners only need Forscan, 12" screen, 1x wire, and the dash... BUT let me swap my 8" module back in and see what happens before taking that as golden. I'm still at work or I'd do it now

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Replacing 8" with 12" Screen? 1700501274306

Update: Since SiriusXM quit working, and the Sync unit showing nada for Sirius except allowing me to select it as an audio source and never loads, and even trying to audibly tune to channel 0 or 1, I decided to take a much closer look at the programming on my unit that Brian may or may not have done at Ford. I sent it *somewhat* programmed, but without an active screen I had no idea *what* took... and apparently Ford doesn't show anything! So, I'm starting over with the software side.... Good lucky, everybody!

Just for clarification, I'm using a VIN provided by the generous, @mpeugeot with the "Mid/High" package, which shows NAV maps and all that fun stuff. For those who may not know what is required for this to take place, I had to use Forscan and access the BCM (Body control module) and change the 3 lines of VIN from mine to @mpeugeot VIN. Then, pay for FDRS $50/48hrs and select the donor VIN to use for programming. I'll add more later as the process completes, but feel free to message me and I'll reply as soon as I get the alert

Last edited:

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Replacing 8" with 12" Screen? 1700700795822

Ford Bronco Replacing 8" with 12" Screen? 1700700850176

Well, I got that far, then called into work, so basically I got hosed out of my 48hrs of FDRS; that's okay- he can pay for my next subscription after turkey day.

For what it's worth, I have not once accomplished a programming via USB FLASH drive- only ever via CAN (OBD-2 port, slower than my laptop, which gives FDRS every chance to lock up and fail), or remove the trim panels from the transmission tunnel/below climate and hard-USB flash with the USB-mini adapter.

Seeing the blank lines and the fact there's NAV audio files, maybe it's just slowly been installing while I let the turbos warm up/cool down and/or idle time.

I'm no Ford employee or tech; just dangerous enough with service access, and years of reflashing new/swapped modules in older gens.

Everyone have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving, because Friday, every Karen in the world is out to either kill you, or steal stuff out of your cart. If you must go shopping, maybe the grocery stores are safe... Good luck everybody!
Sponsored