Sponsored

[RESOLVED!!!] After 2 years, my Bronco is finally here. Only to be greeted with a 48% markup.

BricknoseBob

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Baur, 1984 Ford F150,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Congrats! I'm keeping up with this group so I can leverage your folks when mine comes in !
Sponsored

Epenney

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Crain Ford of Little Rock. I'm livid. Needless to say I did not come home with a new Bronco.

Please help me raise hell.

Here's a tweet to Ford.
My Yelp review of the dealership.
Google review of the dealership from "Shane Ermitano".
Facebook reviews
Crain's Twitter

UPDATE:

3/2
  • Michael Levine just replied to my email and has escalated to his team.
  • Ford hotline was unable to move the vehicle to another dealership since this one has already taken delivery, however, I was able to submit them in a report for the markup.
  • Thanks to everyone for your reviews and making some noise! 🙏

• Wife is posted up at the dealership.
  • Manager: "I wish you wouldn't have escalated the situation. We have 19 1-star reviews now." They've only dropped the price 10k.
  • Ford's Twitter reached out to me asking to DM for more info.
  • Me and all you internet gangbangers will continue to fuck shit up until we get an apology and the MSRP.

• Boilerplate response from Ford's Service Team on Twitter:
    "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is the price recommended by Ford for a vehicle including all selected options. Total MSRP does not usually include sales or other taxes, tags, registration fees, government fees, smog certificates, emission testing charges, finance charges, and dealer document preparation charges. Final pricing is ultimately negotiated with your preferred Ford dealer and may be higher or lower than the MSRP depending upon vehicle availability and demand. If you would like to discuss this further I recommend contacting the Marketing Program Headquarters (MPH) at 1-800-334-4375, option 3. Marketing hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday). Rick Ford Service Team"

• EOD Update:
    After posting up in the dealership all day, pounding the digital pavement and blasting them on Google reviews, down to $61,349 BEFORE TAXES. Still trying to apply bullshit "non-negotiable" extras like "Crain commitment", nitro, and car care.
    Scan 1.jpeg

Not giving up yet. I want to out these fools. Contacting AG's office tomorrow and hitting up news outlets again. Will ping Michael Levine again. MSRP or bust.

3/3
We did it, Bronco community!

Got them to honor the MSRP. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!! ❤ I'll be reaching out to each of you individually to thank you, but if you could please help me honor my deal with them in removing all of the negative reviews, I would really appreciate it. 🙏🙏 Can't wait to be a lifelong member of this community.

Will update with photos of her in a bit.
IMG_20220303_133300.jpg

Scan.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 7.06.23 PM.png
Congrats!

Deleted member 21681

Crain Ford of Little Rock. I'm livid. Needless to say I did not come home with a new Bronco.

Here's a tweet to Ford.
Facebook reviews
Crain's Twitter

UPDATE:

3/2
  • Ford hotline was unable to move the vehicle to another dealership since this one has already taken delivery, however, I was able to submit them in a report for the markup.

• Manager: "I wish you wouldn't have escalated the situation. We have 19 1-star reviews now." They've only dropped the price 10k.
  • Me and all you internet gangbangers will continue to fuck shit up until we get an apology and the MSRP.

"Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is the price recommended by Ford for a vehicle including all selected options. Total MSRP does not usually include sales or other taxes, tags, registration fees, government fees, smog certificates, emission testing charges, finance charges, and dealer document preparation charges. Final pricing is ultimately negotiated with your preferred Ford dealer and may be higher or lower than the MSRP depending upon vehicle availability and demand. If you would like to discuss this further I recommend contacting the Marketing Program Headquarters (MPH) at 1-800-334-4375, option 3. Marketing hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST (Monday-Friday). Rick Ford Service Team"

• EOD Update:
    After posting up in the dealership all day, pounding the digital pavement and blasting them on Google reviews, down to $61,349 BEFORE TAXES. Still trying to apply bullshit "non-negotiable" extras like "Crain commitment", nitro, and car care.
    Scan 1.jpeg

Not giving up yet. I want to out these fools. Contacting AG's office tomorrow and hitting up news outlets again. Will ping Michael Levine again. MSRP or bust.

3/3

Got them to honor the MSRP. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!! ❤ I'll be reaching out to each of you individually to thank you, but if you could please help me honor my deal with them in removing all of the negative reviews, I would really appreciate it. 🙏🙏 Can't wait to be a lifelong member of this community.

IMG_20220303_133300.jpg

Scan.jpeg

Congrats! I suppose I’ll pull down my review, though they *are* snakes and others *should* be warned…. But I guess if the reviews don’t ever come down, these slime balls won’t ever have the incentive to eventually doing the right thing.
At any rate, glad you got your ride and glad the community was able to play a part!

JesseFSU

Raptor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Hybrid 4x4 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Congrats on your MSRP win!!! There is no place for greedy dealers. Ford is trying to control these guys...let's hope they do before the next change Ford makes will be to remove dealerships from the future business model. Consumer direct would be really nice!

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DaveH said:
Did they learn from this or do they just want the 1 star reviews removed so they can do this to the next person who likely is not aware of the power of b6g?
The GM said they'd be changing their policy and do a better job of communicating to other Bronco orders. 🤷‍♂️
Their response is to better communicate? Not enough. Their response should be to not try an screw customers. imo, There is no rational for charging that much markup from MSRP - ever.

About honoring your deal with them to remove the low ratings... They didn't really honor your agreement 2 years ago. Now that you've got the car after that struggle, why should you honor anything with them? They surely were and still are not honoring you - the customer. The deal you got now was because of the reviews and Ford pressing down on them. I think the low ratings should remain as the policy\practice they have NOT modified is to persist in trying to steal money from customers. The only mistake, they claim, is not communicating the price better with you? They had 2 years to communicate with you!

I and my daughter got Broncos at different dealers. One place was as smooth as butter. The other left me anxious every day. The one that sold me a car without headache is the one that gets good ratings. It's that simple.

I'm glad you finally got it. Enjoy!

Sponsored

thattrue32

Badlands
First Name
Erny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1932 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a tweet to Ford.
Facebook reviews
Crain's Twitter

UPDATE:

3/2

• EOD Update:
    Scan 1.jpeg

3/3

IMG_20220303_133300.jpg

Scan.jpeg

glad we could all help man beautiful success story

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm confused. Did you pay the $51,222 MSRP plus tax and tag or did you pay all the added fees too? Several cost sheets, and they all have add ons.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Their response is to better communicate? Not enough. Their response should be to not try an screw customers. imo, There is no rational for charging that much markup from MSRP - ever.

About honoring your deal with them to remove the low ratings... They didn't really honor your agreement 2 years ago. Now that you've got the car after that struggle, why should you honor anything with them? They surely were and still are not honoring you - the customer. The deal you got now was because of the reviews and Ford pressing down on them. I think the low ratings should remain as the policy\practice they have NOT modified is to persist in trying to steal money from customers. The only mistake, they claim, is not communicating the price better with you? They had 2 years to communicate with you!

I and my daughter got Broncos at different dealers. One place was as smooth as butter. The other left me anxious every day. The one that sold me a car without headache is the one that gets good ratings. It's that simple.

I agree with you but find comfort in that everyone that has already read the reviews, everyone that reads this thread, hopefully all that have an order pending will move theirs to an honest dealer, and anyone they can tell will avoid Crain Ford of Little Rock like the plague. Permanent damage has been done.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I agree. I'm glad the OP got their bronco and if I were in the same situation, I'd do the same. It just irritates me that this will happen to people down the line. 1 year from now we need to go through all the dealer screwed me threads that were resolved this way and unleash the negative reviews then as a warning for future customers.

yabu00

Base
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inifinit FX-35
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats man. Changed my review on google to 5 stars.

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally…Congrats!!

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's a tweet to Ford.
Facebook reviews
Crain's Twitter

UPDATE:

3/2

• EOD Update:
    Scan 1.jpeg

3/3

IMG_20220303_133300.jpg

Scan.jpeg

So happy you got your truck! Hopefully this scumbag has learned a lesson. Thankfully we can leverage in numbers.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base

Here's a tweet to Ford.
Facebook reviews
Crain's Twitter

UPDATE:

3/2

• EOD Update:
    Scan 1.jpeg

3/3

IMG_20220303_133300.jpg

Scan.jpeg

Congrats! Your Bronco is gorgous. My Bronco is on a railcar right now and in my state. Despite having a signed purchase agreement I'm hoping they don't pull anything, but has been smooth so far.
Sponsored