Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's the Ford surface protection warranty on interior/exterior and then they lay some ppf in some areas. I forget but it's not a bad deal overall. Again, a lesser evil we were willing to go with pending they adhere to their promise of MSRP vehicle price and nothing else is tacked on. I know the car market is difficult and we all need to make a living I just don't want to be screwed with ADM, lol.
Sponsored

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To make sure they have your order right.
you said it.. "your order"... not a "dealer's order"... or an "order you may like to buy"

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IMO you are SOL. But it may depend on your State's Laws. Did THEY sign that order summary? This is what I did; signed same form, email confirming MSRP, signed letter from the Owner of the Dealership MSRP + I had them sign an addendum to the sales agreement that I drafted; MSRP, fees limited to $100.00, all accessories installed free of charge and some other items. They signed ALL of it. The people I see with these problems...there are two issues; slimy unfair Dealerships and buyers that do NOT get what is necessary in writing. I hope the order summary works for you and this Dealer needs a whole bunch of bad on-line reviews.
What happens if you don't like the Bronco and do not want to buy it? Did you obligate yourself to buy your ordered Bronco if the Dealership met all of the agreed-to conditions? Just curious.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Contract law is pretty straight forward. Terms, agreement and acceptance of compensation is a legal contract. He has a bid sheet, which he signed and they accepted his $1,000 deposit. That's a legal contract.
True, but the issue is the documentation terms do not explicitly say the $1,000 deposit is compensation for placing a Bronco order with Ford at a specific price. If it were a true contract for purchase of a vehicle, then he would be obligated under law to buy the Bronco even if he didn't like it. If he didn't buy the Bronco, the dealership could claim breech and sue him to buy it. Contracts go both ways.

MRuby

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got screwed by Koons Ford in Annapolis. Same situation. I posted about it a month ago or so. You may end up getting your Bronco at MSRP if you are willing to wait for another one, but unlikely you'll get this one. That was why I ended up forking over 7500 extra to get it now. Still painful to think about, but I am also telling everyone I know not to buy from Koons Ford.

Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I definitely havent read the whole thread, but there are an alarming amount of dealer apologists blaming the consumer for having an expectation that a verbal as well as an implied price (at or near msrp) would be honored by a dealer.

This dealer is an unethical dealer in my eyes. I’m not going to follow too many people’s lead and stoop to blaming the consumer, they are the victim here

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm expecting my order to be delivered sometime in February or March of 2022. I have a VIN and I could purchase my Bronco between now and March. But I've never yet driven a Bronco with a manual transmission, and I've seen just one (1) 2-door with a production MIC top. Once I sign the purchase Agreement I'm locked into buying the Bronco. I'm willing to risk the issue of ADM in lieu of being locked into buying the Bronco before I test drive it and review the assembly quality of my specific build.

I'm not much concerned about ADM, my dealership is a small-town, local outfit with just two other regionally local stores and are honorable folks.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All,

I'm fuming mad and just got back from Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD) where they tried to get me to pay 10k ADM over what we agreed to back in March. I have an order summary with MSRP and my signature and date but they are not honoring it. I happen to be a licensed attorney so I'm exploring my options in the legal arena and am likely to file a complaint against the dealership.

Folks who have been through this shakedown, I welcome your advice and recommendation. I am not paying a cent over MSRP - what we agreed to.

@Ford Motor Company

Update:
I’ve tweeted Mike Levine and Ford Motor Company.
I’ve emailed the general manager to elevate it.
I’ve researched the Maryland Uniform Commercial Code and my situation looks favorable.
I’ve reached out to several attorneys who specialize in breach of contract.
I've reached out to the local news station with a news tip.

As I was leaving the dealership today with steam coming out of my ears, they said they would hold the vehicle for a day to see if I changed my mind. They also said they would drop it to $5000 markup. I told them I wouldn’t pay a cent over what we agreed to.
Didn't read the entire thread, but if it were me, I'd get my deposit back and walk away. I'd be PO'd for sure. But why spend more money to force them to do what they don't want to. Their actions send a strong message about their integrity. Even if you win this one, every future dealing will most likely be a fight w/ more aggravation. Start over w/ someone more reputable.

Good luck.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you said it.. "your order"... not a "dealer's order"... or an "order you may like to buy"
Still had nothing to do with pricing.

The dealership isn’t stopping him from buying “his order”. They made an offer, and couldn’t agree to terms with the buyer. Good luck convincing a judge if anything different. MSRP is nothing more than a suggestion, it’s not a promise.

I’m not saying what they’re doing is right, I think ADM is bullshit and never pay a dime of it. I think entire dealership model needs to go away. I’m just saying all of the bases weren’t covered ahead of time.

Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I think your best bet (unfortunately) is to go with the "bad press" route, I just don't think you have any legal route to go down. I'm not a lawyer, so obviously I could be wrong. But since the paper you agreed do doesn't list the final selling price of the vehicle... it's going to be purely dependent on verbal agreements that a third party cannot confirm.

You've gotten a few ideas so far, but I'd also contact your local news station. They often have will have a reoccurring story segment where they put bad business on blast for doing a crappy job or going against their word. Usually the bad press is enough to force the business to come to an agreeable solution.

---

But anyway, to answer your question...

The order preview is generated from Ford's ordering system, they don't get to pick and choose the information that is on the sheet, yet they are supposed to get a signature to confirm that the order was submitted correctly. My sales manager I worked with said he wishes they could remove the pricing information because it causes confusion for customers when they charge more/less than MSRP, or they have additional dealer-installed options with are not included with the factory order.

I haven't scanned in my 2022 agreement yet... but here was my paperwork for 2021...

First the order preview... which is what you signed.
summary.png

And then the purchase agreement, which lists the agreed upon purchase price, as well as the documentation fee ($599) and the VIN etching fee that includes a warranty for stolen wheels/tires (which unfortunately is pretty common right now).
agreement.png
When I placed my order in May 21 I did not get a signed purchase agreement. Having joined this forum in August 21 or so I made sure when I went in to reorder for 22 I got a signed agreement.

There's lots of good advice here when you filter through the noise.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love this website. Everyone either blames the buyer for “not having an agreed upon price.” Or blames the buyer for going with Granger/Stephens/Chapman for being a dumbass who, “should have known better.” Coincidentally they’re the same posters who cry and ask for help when they find themselves in the same mess.

Sue the shit out of them OP out of principle. This is bullshit and a scummy move.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Since you are an attorney, it seems to me you could bring this to a head real quick by seeking a TRO on Monday morning, based on the scarcity of the Bronco and the dealer said they will only hold it for a day. That will give you a good idea where you stand legally.

OP
OP

Smeagolsaur

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still had nothing to do with pricing.

The dealership isn’t stopping him from buying “his order”. They made an offer, and couldn’t agree to terms with the buyer. Good luck convincing a judge if anything different. MSRP is nothing more than a suggestion, it’s not a promise.

I’m not saying what they’re doing is right, I think ADM is bullshit and never pay a dime of it. I think entire dealership model needs to go away. I’m just saying all of the bases weren’t covered ahead of time.
The dealership agreed to MSPR and no ADM. The paperwork I signed reflected that. The idea that a dealership can reneg and charge an additional $10,000 on the day I arrive to pick up the vehicle is complete and utter hogwash and is clearly a bait & switch tactic. We had a meeting of the minds - a verbal agreement and written agreement memorializing MSRP deal with a $1000 deposit. Dealerships cannot be allowed to play games like this or we will all continue to suffer under their shady business practices. This will depend on the state you're in but in MD the UCC is pretty clear here that they have repudiated our contract. I'm not willing to roll over which it appears a lot of folks have unfortunately done which is understandable given the circumstances.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealership agreed to MSPR and no ADM. The paperwork I signed reflected that. The idea that a dealership can reneg and charge an additional $10,000 on the day I arrive to pick up the vehicle is complete and utter hogwash and is clearly a bait & switch tactic. We had a meeting of the minds - a verbal agreement and written agreement memorializing MSRP deal with a $1000 deposit. Dealerships cannot be allowed to play games like this or we will all continue to suffer under their shady business practices. This will depend on the state you're in but in MD the UCC is pretty clear here that they have repudiated our contract. I'm not willing to roll over which it appears a lot of folks have unfortunately done which is understandable given the circumstances.
Fuck there shit up, fam
Sponsored