Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Complete lack of control of the rig. This person had no idea how to react in that situation and paid the price. Can't roll back uncontrolled at an angle like that, rig will roll every time. They should have had a back-down plan in place before trying the obstacle. Terrible example of rock crawling.
Sponsored

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hope his sales of upgraded steering parts can help pay for this. And after the first few videos of him breaking his truck I'm starting to realize that the initial small breaks were on Ford, but the last few big ones may have been avoided with a driver mod.

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2017 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Complete lack of control of the rig. This person had no idea how to react in that situation and paid the price. Can't roll back uncontrolled at an angle like that, rig will roll every time. They should have had a back-down plan in place before trying the obstacle. Terrible example of rock crawling.
It wasn't his driving that caused it....the engine stalled at the most inopportune time. I talked to Tyler the next day.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. Lots of hate being thrown at this guy.

I for one appreciate that he is doing stuff I will never (probably) do and breaking his Bronco's in ways I never (probably) will AND then offering solutions to the weak points he finds.

Did he mess up on the obstacle? Sure. Does he seem to have a "just send it" mentality? You betcha.

I'm happy to be a customer and recipient of his proclivity to bust Broncos.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that's true... Does Ford cover the damage?

I mean, if the engine dies while doing something like this. It's not the owner's fault technically.

What if the engine died while driving on the highway, in the rain or something, and it caused an accident?

Just asking... 🤔
It's not the first time that it has gotten some rock rash.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BoMiltenberger

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 BL Lux Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I for one appreciate that he is doing stuff I will never (probably) do and breaking his Bronco's in ways I never (probably) will AND then offering solutions to the weak points he finds.

Did he mess up on the obstacle? Sure. Does he seem to have a "just send it" mentality? You betcha.

Agreed. Everyone’s going to use their bronco in the way they chose. I love that someone is taking it to the extreme!

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah sorry for all those defending him, saying he's testing limits. No he's not he's literally just been terrible at driving off road and his inexperience results in his wife having to watch him wreck both of their broncos constantly.

Sure it's his money, and he can break what he wants. But doesn't avoid the fact him having no idea how to crawl and not listening to spotters is a pattern of "abuse".

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so THIS is why his parts are so expensive lol

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It wasn't his driving that caused it....the engine stalled at the most inopportune time. I talked to Tyler the next day.
So it is a 2.3/MT?

It just seems that in crawler gear, on slickrock, with aired down tires and grip, all you need is neutral throttle and let the 24,000 ft lb tq pull you up, or risk bouncing, loss of traction and sliding. It looked like there had been a generous throttle application there when it started sliding left a little bit ("Generous" in crawler gear being anything over ~4-6% throttle application, it doesn't take much in crawler to get the revs up)

Although i'm certainly guilty of having a heavy foot on the race track and investing heavily in brakes just to offset being ham fisted.

The best comment in this thread was wondering if Ford would be at fault for the body damage due to driver error. Oh yea, when they say "bumper to bumper warranty" they're talking about ANYTHING that happens to the car is Ford's fault and they will fix it right up.

Tesla showed the world how far the warranty process can be pushed. Asteroid cracked your window? Bring her in, we'll fix you right up!

Ford Bronco Rock climbing fail - flipover ppDaE4bmoY98e2J7LezDvK

Homebowlking

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel the same way you do. I appreciate what he is doing and will further say think that it is actually needed.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've seen him showing up on youtube, and yeah he totally seems to have a drive it like you stole it mentality. He's done some serious damage to his Bronco, and broken a ton of things then come up with "fixes".

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen him showing up on youtube, and yeah he totally seems to have a drive it like you stole it mentality. He's done some serious damage to his Bronco, and broken a ton of things then come up with "fixes".
Some of those "fixes" look like they come from a Five Minute Crafts video.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe it. The same thing happened to me at an off-road event here in Colorado Springs. I was going up a very steep incline (2-door OBX w/2.7) and the engine stalled near the top. It was the weirdest thing and it took a few moments for my brain to register what had happened. I rolled backwards into a rut, but I didn't topple over. Still, unexpected and unnerving.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For those of you taking trash on a person you've never met or talked to based just on some video "fails" maybe wrong. I've met Tyler and his wife Amy at the Bronco Nation base camp for the King of the Hammers and were lucky enough to ride with them on a couple of the excursions that Bronco Nation organized, great people.

He seems to me to be very passionate in everything he does and maybe he goes farther than most would but it's OK because it's his money. While riding along we talked about their companies (plural) their home that they built for living off the grid and how they were able to house several neighbors during the freeze that knock out power for days last year in Texas. Great people who I hope to see again.

His passion for life shows in his approach (attack if you want) in what he does and why he's successful in his endeavors in life. He lite a fire under me to try to develop a project and I'll probably be contacting him soon for some advise or help; which I'm sure he'll gladly give...

Great people, so hate on them if you want, but ignorance of the people you've never met and judgment of the same just shows pettiness.

ps. I saw the mistake in steering before the flip, oh well, better them than me. I still think they are good people.
Sponsored