Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also curious if AFe’s cat back hi-tuck exhaust will work? I think @mpeugeot is running this as I bookmarked it from a different thread.

It looks like it may fit in the pics. And there are some audio clips that others can make their decisions as sound is *very* subjective to each person.

And potentially @mpeugeot can give real world feedback on drone, etc.

AFe axle back system recommended:

Ford Bronco Rock Jock Rear Sway Bar Kit released for Bronco IMG_0693

Alternate AFe hi-tuck cat back system:

https://legacy.afepower.com/afe-pow...3-409-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system

For a better deal…

https://buckleupoffroad.com/product...ack-ford-bronco-2021-l4-2-3l-v6-2-7l-polished

Ford Bronco Rock Jock Rear Sway Bar Kit released for Bronco IMG_0694

Some sound clips….

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn, was waiting for this thing but I have the fast intentions exhaust and looking through the instruction manual it looks like it wont clear son of a!

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Also curious if AFe’s cat back hi-tuck exhaust will work?

Only based on looking at the pics, I would lean towards it not working with the AFE High Tuck...only because it looks like the RJ is on the same plane as the exhaust hanger. The high tuck exit looks like it will rest right on the RJ. I have the AWE exhaust, and I don't even think I can use the RJ with it.

Sponsored

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only based on looking at the pics, I would lean towards it not working with the AFE High Tuck...only because it looks like the RJ is on the same plane as the exhaust hanger. The high tuck exit looks like it will rest right on the RJ. I have the AWE exhaust, and I don't even think I can use the RJ with it.
I found a higher resolution picture of the AFe/RJ specialty axle back exhaust. You can zoom that photo and see details more clearly.

More interesting is the AFe site has a sound clip of this exhaust which I’m also sharing here.

Found both the enhanced photo and sound clip on the AFe product page for this RJ specialty product (didn’t see the AFe page yesterday when I searched; only saw the RJ page with reduced picture quality and no audio clip).

https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-4...-409-stainless-steel-axle-back-exhaust-system

Back to the fitment issue between this and the other cat back hi-tuck exhaust, I don’t think the hanger will be the issue. It looks like both units are using the stock hanger and about the same vertical plane. While the hanger may not be the issue, I think you are still correct about it not working.

It looks like the RJ axle back exhaust is using that funky loop to gain vertical clearance so it can cross over the RJ unit on the passenger side, as opposed on the drivers side on the catback version.

Additionally the catback version looks to me like it’s taking a dive down AND towards the drivers tire. Drawing in a hypothetical RJ line helps see it more clearly. To me, this is where the conflict exists and why they made the axle back solution.

I do wonder if AFe could hug the frame closer on the catback variant and adjust the dive angle/position to still work. Lots of variables and angles we can’t see in these pictures. Surely they considered that already.

Anyhow, a legend to arts & crafts time….lol.

Green = exhaust hanger
Red = cat back exhaust
Dashed Red = axle back exhaust
Magenta = RJ unit
Dashed Magenta = approximate location of RJ unit

Ford Bronco Rock Jock Rear Sway Bar Kit released for Bronco IMG_0697

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found a higher resolution picture of the AFe/RJ specialty axle back exhaust. You can zoom that photo and see details more clearly.

More interesting is the AFe site has a sound clip of this exhaust which I’m also sharing here.

Found both the enhanced photo and sound clip on the AFe product page for this RJ specialty product (didn’t see the AFe page yesterday when I searched; only saw the RJ page with reduced picture quality and no audio clip).

https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-4...-409-stainless-steel-axle-back-exhaust-system

Back to the fitment issue between this and the other cat back hi-tuck exhaust, I don’t think the hanger will be the issue. It looks like both units are using the stock hanger and about the same vertical plane. While the hanger may not be the issue, I think you are still correct about it not working.

It looks like the RJ axle back exhaust is using that funky loop to gain vertical clearance so it can cross over the RJ unit on the passenger side, as opposed on the drivers side on the catback version.

Additionally the catback version looks to me like it’s taking a dive down AND towards the drivers tire. Drawing in a hypothetical RJ line helps see it more clearly. To me, this is where the conflict exists and why they made the axle back solution.

I do wonder if AFe could hug the frame closer on the catback variant and adjust the dive angle/position to still work. Lots of variables and angles we can’t see in these pictures. Surely they considered that already.

Anyhow, a legend to arts & crafts time….lol.

Green = exhaust hanger
Red = cat back exhaust
Dashed Red = axle back exhaust
Magenta = RJ unit
Dashed Magenta = approximate location of RJ unit

This one is the one I have.

https://buckleupoffroad.com/product...ack-ford-bronco-2021-l4-2-3l-v6-2-7l-polished

It’s a true high clearance exhaust, but I can't guarantee that it won't interfere with anything. I love it and it doesn't drone on the highway (at least not with the 2.7 Ecoboost on a 2 door).

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can pretty much guarantee the Borla Climber exhaust will fit. I have the Touring model and really like it. Not too loud and no drone. I don't have any really good pics right now. This pic is from borla.

Screenshot_20240513_093248_eBay.jpg

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have one headed my way, Jeremy from RK highly recommended it for the 4-Link conversion. So, I’m excited to test it out.

Sponsored

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have one headed my way, Jeremy from RK highly recommended it for the 4-Link conversion. So, I’m excited to test it out.
What was your plan for exhaust? Did you get their solution?

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i didn’t, the RK truss is already hitting the factory exhaust, so I’m going to do an exhaust that terminates before the axle anyway
I haven’t driven mine yet, but noticed it was definitely gonna be a issue…