Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Been running mine the last couple of weeks. Haven't really driven it consistently enough to get MPG updates but agree that it feels more responsive on the butt dyno.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Had mine in for about a month and half. MPG has definitely been more consistent. Constantly at about 23.5 right now where as before would fluctuate between 21 and 23. This last tank got 24.5

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just went on an overlanding trip that was extremely dusty and it was a fine dust.

Found traces of it in the intake tube using the FACTORY filter. No way in hell I'm I going to a high flow filter.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just went on an overlanding trip that was extremely dusty and it was a fine dust.

Found traces of it in the intake tube using the FACTORY filter. No way in hell I'm I going to a high flow filter.
Snorkel in your future?

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anybody have the dry S&B filter in stock, most places show it out of stock?

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anybody have the dry S&B filter in stock, most places show it out of stock?
I ordered directly from them. Took a few weeks.

spittle8

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do we have consensus on filters/intakes? Can you get filtration equivalent or superior to OEM while improving performance? The S&B sounds great. Anyone mess with a snorkel?

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we have consensus on filters/intakes? Can you get filtration equivalent or superior to OEM while improving performance? The S&B sounds great. Anyone mess with a snorkel?
Bump. Any updates/reviews for 2024? In the market to replace my dirty OEM filter. Considering this s&b with open top or aFE with closed top (both dry).

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed last week replacing a K&N. Agreed the butt dyno feels the truck is more responsive. Can't say I've noticed an improvement in mpg over the k&n.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've had mine is for about 16k miles. No issues when I checked it during oil changes

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reminds me…I should check it. I’m at around 8k. But, me likey. I feel better running the dry over oiled.

Alsvior

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 5.0 & 2024 Bronco 2.3 (on order)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know it’s an old argument between a banned member and another who left, but it has to be said…any HVAC professional will tell you that you can, indeed, increase both airflow and filtering. That’s why most central heating and air systems are moving toward 2” and 4” deep filters. More surface area with deeper pleats=better flow and filtering.

I drive 6 miles of super dusty gravel road daily. I use an S&B oil type filter in their CAI system on my F150 5.0. I keep two filters so that one is clean and ready and swap them out every 10k (every 2nd oil change). Everything is clean after the filter on my intake system.

Just wanted people reading this to know.

Ryslegit

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bump. Any updates/reviews for 2024? In the market to replace my dirty OEM filter. Considering this s&b with open top or aFE with closed top (both dry).
I've had one on my truck for about 7k miles and it already is extremely dirty (6500 of those miles have been city driving). When I first installed it, there was no noticeable difference in MPG or throttle response which as a bummer but not the main reason why I bought it.

I just came back from a Death Valley trip last weekend with some extremely dusty conditions and the filter already needs to be replaced. The dirt on the filter looked damp like oil was on it or water was in the air box, and it is caked deep into the media so there's no getting it out. The disappointing part is S&B states to only clean this filter with compressed air and it doesn't appear to be washable. Even though AFE's version is a closed top it is truly washable so I will be going with theirs next when I get around to replacing the filter.

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had one on my truck for about 7k miles and it already is extremely dirty (6500 of those miles have been city driving). When I first installed it, there was no noticeable difference in MPG or throttle response which as a bummer but not the main reason why I bought it.

I just came back from a Death Valley trip last weekend with some extremely dusty conditions and the filter already needs to be replaced. The dirt on the filter looked damp like oil was on it or water was in the air box, and it is caked deep into the media so there's no getting it out. The disappointing part is S&B states to only clean this filter with compressed air and it doesn't appear to be washable. Even though AFE's version is a closed top it is truly washable so I will be going with theirs next when I get around to replacing the filter.
I suppose dirty doesn't necessarily mean bad. It's doing its job at least.

Only concern with AFE is dry version it specifically says for street use. Still waiting on my s&b to arrive (backordered right after I ordered).

EDIT: Cannot find where I read this about aFE.

Last edited:

Ryslegit

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suppose dirty doesn't necessarily mean bad. It's doing its job at least.

Only concern with AFE is dry version it specifically says for street use. Still waiting on my s&b to arrive (backordered right after I ordered).

EDIT: Cannot find where I read this about aFE.

Right, it being dirty is fine but the dirt I had caked into the media reducing efficiency is the issue with the fact it can't be washed out. On the site it says street and light off road use which is more than likely fine for majority of folks on here including myself.

This media is best suited for street and light off-road use. Pro DRY S filters are easily recharged with aFe's POWER CLEANER.
Sponsored