Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Larger screen, leather seats, better sound, but I hear you. I think it's fine for what it is.
Lux doesnt add the larger screen or leather seats. 12" screen is in the high package, leather is separate option.
Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember that the SQ package includes an upgraded suspension package, so it may not be an apples to apples comparison with some trims. The upgraded suspension that is found on the SQ is included with the BL and WT.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I rode in a Wildtrack 2-door (comes with Sas stuff). Mostly slower travel around town, but was impressed with the ride quality.

Started by driving down off a curb at the dealership, and even in the back seat sitting practically over the rear axle, did not get thrown around. Also we drove down a street having some construction, and felt no jarring bumps.

Overall I was impressed with the ride, and surprised the 35"s provided such a good ride. I had figured there would be more of a ride compromise with the heavy tires.
Those Goodyear tires are not heavy. They weigh about the same as the standard K02's on the non-sasquatch Badlands. The optional Badlands tire only weigh 45 pounds. I like that.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lux doesnt add the larger screen or leather seats. 12" screen is in the high package, leather is separate option.
Yes, I understand that but when you order LUX it includes the high package features one being the 12" screen. I know leather is extra, I was simply saying that I hope my configuration LUX + leather feels a bit nicer than base. To be honest, I instinctually order leather seats but in this case I might have been smarter to go with MGV given I expect the top to be off almost all time. But at least that leather will be warm comes winter with the heated seats - likely to still have the top off.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I keep reading to see how the 2.7 performs. Is it quick enough for daily driving to keep up with traffic? The Bronco is heavy but the engine puts out a lot of torque. Most if not all of you are driving it easy in the break in period and not getting on it.

If I am going to get 17 MPG I want it to keep up with traffic. I was really hoping it would have comparable acceleration to my GF's 2013 Silverado Pick Up- short bed, regular cab, 2WD, 4.8 V8, CAT Back dual exhaust and she runs E85 in it- flex fuel vehicle. It weighs about 4500 LBS. That truck moves- what a sleeper. It gets 17 MPG but it's fun to drive. My 2019 Silverado Double Cab 4 X 4 with 5.3 V8 is a slug in comparison but it weighs over 5000 LBS. My 97 Wrangler even more so- it has very little HP but it's at least light.

I am not drag racing- just want to keep up with every day traffic- the Corollas, Civics and other cookie cutter cars, etc.
Absolutely. People underestimate the power to weight of the Bronco. Itā€™s similar power to weight to a 2.3 mustang. It isnā€™t GT quick, but it hit 75 much faster than I was expecting. Youā€™ll blow right past most commuter cars, especially with how you get power due to the turbocharged nature of the engine. It spools easily and had no problem pushing the BaseSasquatch 2.7 to a decent clip.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, it could be perception? I really like the sound of my F150 5.0. The 2.7 has a decent rumble but not throaty like the 5.0. You may be right on performance, I didn't step on the Bronco and there was plenty of go but my feeling was my F150 had more giddy up. Again, just a short ride vs. my everyday day driver. BTW, the transmission in my F150 does not better since the recall fix! Looking forward to the 2.3 manual.
Donā€™t get me wrong, the Bronco is super heavy and the 33ā€ tires on my Badlands donā€™t help. Remains to be seen once itā€™s broken in, but itā€™s definitely not ā€œfastā€ šŸ˜ my son beat me in several drag races in dirt and pavement with his 2.3 FX4. My F150 was definitely faster than his Ranger.

OP
OP
Wingman335

Wingman335

Badlands
First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3, J200 Land Cruiser, FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm not worried about 2.3 vs 2.7 affecting the on road experience. I guess it was more about the effects of the lift and tire tread. I drove a jeep with M/T tires and that thing was loud at highway speeds.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a Bronco, but gives you an idea of the engines.

I saw this and the 2.7 does quite well in the F150. The F150 also gets better gas mileage so I was thinking the 2.7 has to work so hard it might not move the Bronco along as well as the F150. No vehicles to test drive makes if very difficult to gauge the performance to meet our individual driving areas. Up north when I lived in New England most everyone drove "normal", casual with all of the twisting roads and did not floor it everywhere and drive 80-100 on the freeway. Living in MN and FL it's a different story. More straight aways with stop lights and driving on the interstates you will get practically run over if you drive or accelerate too slow.

f1loco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger Tremor, Porsche 911SC, Willys CJ-2A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There may be some truth to it being a better ride. Take the Ranger - it was poo on the road and ridiculed by many for ride quality. The new Tremor - off-road package - has had rave reviews about its on road prowess now. I may go test drive one as I am an early September reservation and don't expect to see anything until next summer at the earliest at this rate.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lux doesn't get you a nicer interior unfortunately
Larger screen, leather seats, better sound, but I hear you. I think it's fine for what it is.
I canā€™t recall what point right now, but the door window sills get soft/padded at a certain point moving up the trims.

That could have a big impact on perceived luxury from the driverā€™s seat.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch On-Road Driving Experience? 400DE4FE-5AD3-4CE0-B9C7-A3A484385410
Ford Bronco Sasquatch On-Road Driving Experience? C9697CBA-A13B-41F1-8B24-6896EBE7F2E0

Last edited:

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Remember that the SQ package includes an upgraded suspension package, so it may not be an apples to apples comparison with some trims. The upgraded suspension that is found on the SQ is included with the BL and WT.
Wildtrak comes with the Sasquatch suspension but not the Badlands. While the Badlands does have the Bilstein coilovers with reservoirs, the differences stop there. The reservoir mounting is different and the Badlands has .4" additional travel for better articulation. The Sasquatch Bilstein's have a built-in .4" hydraulic bump stop.

The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes

Bilstein HOSS & Position Sensitive Dampers Part Numbers & Differences

1620995530591-png-png-png.png

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the replies guys! I'm not worried about 2.3 vs 2.7 affecting the on road experience. I guess it was more about the effects of the lift and tire tread. I drove a jeep with M/T tires and that thing was loud at highway speeds.
Keep in mind that the Goodyears are all terrain tires. The M/T for them is multi-terrain or something like that. The Squatch tires are not mud tires so they will not be as loud.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw this and the 2.7 does quite well in the F150. The F150 also gets better gas mileage so I was thinking the 2.7 has to work so hard it might not move the Bronco along as well as the F150. No vehicles to test drive makes if very difficult to gauge the performance to meet our individual driving areas. Up north when I lived in New England most everyone drove "normal", casual with all of the twisting roads and did not floor it everywhere and drive 80-100 on the freeway. Living in MN and FL it's a different story. More straight aways with stop lights and driving on the interstates you will get practically run over if you drive or accelerate too slow.
I don't think you'll have issues with any engine. Read up on all the recent test drives and they all say they had no issues with traffic or getting the vehicle up to speed.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wildtrak comes with the Sasquatch suspension but not the Badlands. While the Badlands does have the Bilstein coilovers with reservoirs, the differences stop there. The reservoir mounting is different and the Badlands has .4" additional travel for better articulation. The Sasquatch Bilstein's have a built-in .4" hydraulic bump stop.

The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes

Bilstein HOSS & Position Sensitive Dampers Part Numbers & Differences

Ford Bronco Sasquatch On-Road Driving Experience? 1620995530591-png-png-
I thought it was on the BL as well? With the sas package only being 2500, instead of 5000.

https://thebronconation.com/forums/...n-badlands-vs-sas-suspension-difference.3626/

Then this:

Or maybe stiff springs which also increase ride height? Contradictory info on some of this stuff from Ford...

But yeah, Badlands is more or less the same as a Sasquatch.

Sas has the 35s on wider bead-lock capable wheels, wider fender flares, and different final drive ratios.
I'm just looking to see why the sas package is much cheaper, if the suspension is not the same.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought it was on the BL as well? With the sas package only being 2500, instead of 5000.

https://thebronconation.com/forums/...n-badlands-vs-sas-suspension-difference.3626/

Then this:

I'm just looking to see why the sas package is much cheaper, if the suspension is not the same.
BL and Sas share very similar shocks, but they are not identicalā€¦ They are the ā€œsameā€ position sensitive dampersā€¦ likely the same cost to Ford (compared to Base-OB), but not the same part numbersā€¦. They are designed differently but weā€™re not sure for what purpose. They are both the same and not the sameā€¦ if that makes sense.

Springs vary greatly by trim to accommodate differences in GVWR and ride height aims... but shouldnā€™t differ in cost in a meaningful way.

BL does already include things that Sas has, like the upgraded front diff.

BL is closer to Sas than Base-OB, but isnā€™t exactly there, so the upgrade cost to Sas on BL will be smaller than it would be on other trimsā€¦. If thatā€™s what youā€™re asking.
Sponsored