Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

3E2B3501-66BE-434E-88F8-658698041554.jpeg

This is his latest tweet. Makes me wonder if they do make the change if it will be late availability?
Just to repeat again Mike is pretty high up there for Ford, but don’t know if necessarily has any control over this. So don’t go at him sideways, he’s just the messenger. Also maybe send tweets and messages and emails to official Ford accounts if you really care to have this changed.
Mike is great. He is in Communications and like you said, isn't necessarily responsible for the situation. Any time I've had a question, Mike has answered it or at least took the time to say that he can't answer it.
Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yup total feature creep. Especially with drivetrain losses I would have zero interest in an auto 2.3.
I had minimal interest in 2.3 manual, but at least it’s a manual.... i was trying to decide if this would be a toy( underpowered for 4dr manual) or wife’s DD. outerbanks with 2.7 may become her DD.( she did give me 3 colors to pick from).

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since a manual doesn’t have a torque converter, more power from the engine actually gets to the wheels. In modern vehicles it’s a lot less prominent than it was, but if I’m upgrading to an auto I’ll need a 2.7 along with it personally.

Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since a manual doesn’t have a torque converter, more power from the engine actually gets to the wheels. In modern vehicles it’s a lot less prominent than it was, but if I’m upgrading to an auto I’ll need a 2.7 along with it personally.
But can't you stay with the 2.3 as well if you are going the automatic transmission route as well?

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3E2B3501-66BE-434E-88F8-658698041554.jpeg

This is his latest tweet. Makes me wonder if they do make the change if it will be late availability?
Just to repeat again Mike is pretty high up there for Ford, but don’t know if necessarily has any control over this. So don’t go at him sideways, he’s just the messenger. Also maybe send tweets and messages and emails to official Ford accounts if you really care to have this changed.
Genuinely think they're gonna need to have this at launch otherwise they risk seeing interest dip. You can't start off with a ton of momentum, shoot yourselves in the foot, and then say "well sometime in the future it'll be ok."

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No one is buying a 6.2 in the Super Duty except fleet customers. The Tremor package is $3975 for 99% of the real customers.
Almost 14k if you get diesel.

Txchewy

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford really can't get out of there own way. They spend all this time and money developing these crazy packages and 7 off road modes but miss the basics. Jeep has always started with the enthusiast in mind and the rest will follow. Fird has to know that the only ones buying the 7sp are guys that want to use the vehicle but they then deny them the V6 and the squatch package? They will then kill the 7sp due to lack of response and wonder why. I'm canceling my order and buying another jeep. Only waited 25 years for this. Oh well...

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Everyone might as well tweet to make a HD manual for the 2.7.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
But can't you stay with the 2.3 as well if you are going the automatic transmission route as well?
You can but the 2.3 will feel less powerful in the automatic. (And it will put down less horsepower to the wheels)

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is why I picked the Outer Banks standard with Auto. adding Sasquatch

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Sasquatch Package With Manual Transmission [Sign Petition For It!] 1594839097806