First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They probably just put a spacer under the jounce bumper. Or above I guess depending on perspective. You could probably get 33s and remove the spacer keeping the lift. Just my guess.
Sponsored

G2SKIER

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 17 ZR2 37s. New Silverado LT, RZR Turbo S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does less than half an inch matter at all?
In this case, I’d say absolutely not. More or less saying the suspension is identical to the badlands besides the bump travel 1cm limiter. No ride height gain or loss.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In this case, I’d say absolutely not. More or less saying the suspension is identical to the badlands besides the bump travel 1cm limiter. No ride height gain or loss.
Agreed.. sounds like they are identical but because SASQUATCH comes with larger tires, they have to put a bump stop as to not trash the fenders or they would have warranty claims.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does less than half an inch matter at all?

What matters to me is how it's done. He said similar setups. What does that mean? In my vernacular, similar and same aren't used interchangeably. Same shock and coil, but one has more preload than the other? That can be a way that limits travel, but also gives a harsher ride. Do they both use the same control arms and are those control arms the same as the base suspension? What exactly is this limiter? Is it just a taller bump stop that has no affect on droop? If so I would probably get rid of it and just trim the wheelwell where needed.

To me, there are still a lot of unanswered questions, because I want specifics to make an informed decision. I most likely will end up replacing some or all of the suspension at some point, but I would like to know what I'm starting with and what my options are. Vague answers don't give me the information I'm looking for.

So to answer your question, I don't know if half an inch matters at this point. I guess if I was interested in running a stock 4WD, I'd have a better answer for you.

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the most important question is this; how easy is it to disco the sway bar manually? If it’s difficult or impossible that’s a pretty huge disadvantage for the Sasquatch non badlands Broncos.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I couldn't find if somebody has already answered this but, if I understand correctly, the sasquatch suspension comes with limiters preventing full upward travel of shocks to keep tires from hitting the tire wells. Does anybody know what the limiter actually is? Is it just a longer bump stop? If so, would it be somewhat easily removed?

The reason I'm wondering is say I end up going with the Black Diamond w/ sasquatch mostly for the lockers and better shocks etc, but I wanted to put 33s on it, could I remove the bumpers and regain full articulation?
10mm

Fiestafan

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the most important question is this; how easy is it to disco the sway bar manually? If it’s difficult or impossible that’s a pretty huge disadvantage for the Sasquatch non badlands Broncos.
Agree that’s more important. But I would be surprised if there weren’t affordable after market options for at least easier/quicker manual disconnect. I know it may be more complicated for IFS, but there are many cheap aftermarket options for the wrangler.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

1/2" bump stop to keep your fenders from getting crushed upward.
This is only necessary to add yourself with the Badlands or FE on 37s, the other models have the bump stop built in so then they should fit 37s W/O rubbing upper inner fender well.
Sponsored