Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Black Diamond and drove both on road and off road for about 5k miles with stock Hitachi suspension. Then upgraded to badland tires and Bilstein suspension from badlands and have been driving both on road and off road for last 4k miles. The Hitachi with general grabbers drove better on pavement than the badlands setup I have now
Good to know. Thanks!
Sponsored

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't worry about it. I also have a badlands with no intention off-roading any time in the foreseeable future. Ford forced me into it the way they set up their trim lines. My two must haves were MGV seats and high/lux package. Only way to get that combo is badlands.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all, let me start off by saying that this forum has been extremely helpful and wealth of information.. iā€™m new to this world, so I certainly had a lot to learn.
as per the title, Iā€™m having second thoughts about my badlands, and I would love some feedback, or if you all could poke holes at my reasoning, or help me out with things that i may not be thinking about..
Hereā€™s some background info: I donā€™t off-road, but I loved the looks of the bronco, and what I did want out of my next car was a stick shift transmission. Iā€™ve been following Ford for a few months waiting for them to allow new orders with a manual transmission. Since that wasnā€™t happening, I took to the used market, specifically 2022, either black diamond or Badlands.

now, I mentioned that I donā€™t off-road, and the possibility that I do in the next few years is very low, I donā€™t have the time between work and kids, etc. I live in Florida, so the most would be maybe send, beach driving, if even that. So road driving for me more than 99.8% of the time.
Obviously, the base model would be more than enough to handle my needs, but I decided to step up to at least black diamond. However going for something that had few miles was important to me so I pulled the trigger on a 2022 badlands advanced that only has 2600 miles, and the ā€˜rightā€™ color (area 51).
I picked up the car yesterday, about 150 miles away from me, and drove it home, thinking how gorgeous it is, but in the back of my mind I also kept thinking about how I will not make use of 99.9% of what it offers. At most maybe the 4A when we get Florida rain (although 4H would accomplish the same thing unless Iā€™m mistaken).
Price was about 57K plus taxes, etc. but I am now wondering if I should sell it and instead buy a black diamond with similar, low miles, also a 2022 model. The orange vs blue makes no difference to me. The appearance differences in the grill and wheels also donā€™t matter to me, if anything, maybe the less aggressive wheels in the black diamond would help a bit with road comfort and a tad on mpg, so that would be welcomed for my use case.

I traded in my previous vehicle and paid the difference in cash so I own the car out right. If I went the black diamond route, I would probably save about 6ā€“7 K which I could put towards a hard top maybe or just towards my savings account. and then sleep a bit better at night knowing that I will have a car that is much closer aligned to my needs and use, while still providing 99% functionality that I Wonā€™t use day to day but is there in case I ever ever need it.

By the way. What I would have loved as silly as it sounds is remote keyless entryā€¦.without having to click the fob.
Lastly, if I was to build and order directly from Ford, I would have never gone with a badlands just because of my needs, but this just happened to be as a resale, and I thought about resale value and why not the extra bells and whistles. The very things that I am now asking myself if itā€™s even worth having and paying for if youā€™ll never use it. Besides, IMO, the Badlands is the Goldilocks of Broncos.
Has anyone been in similar situation? does my reasoning make sense, or am I just experiencing buyers remorse here?
I call this "analysis paralysis". Don't overthink it. Get in it and drive it just like you would any other vehicle. In the end it doesn't make a hill of beans difference what you do with your Bronco. If you like it, can afford it, and enjoy it that's all that matters. I would argue a majority of vehicles are not used to their ultimate capability. Mustangs, Porsches, Corvettes, 1g cornering, 0-60 under 4 sec, top speeds well over 150, F-350 can tow 25,000 lbs, Crotch Rockets that anyone can buy that approach 200 mph. The list goes on and on. A very small percentage of people ever get close to these limits. Besides, I happen to think the Badlands is the Goldilocks of Broncos!
Ford Bronco Seconds thoughts (remorse) about my Badlands BonnyJn (4 of 4)

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I call this "analysis paralysis". Don't overthink it. Get in it and drive it just like you would any other vehicle. In the end it doesn't make a hill of beans difference what you do with your Bronco. If you like it, can afford it, and enjoy it that's all that matters. I would argue a majority of vehicles are not used to their ultimate capability. Mustangs, Porsches, Corvettes, 1g cornering, 0-60 under 4 sec, top speeds well over 150, F-350 can tow 25,000 lbs, Crotch Rockets that anyone can buy that approach 200 mph. The list goes on and on. A very small percentage of people ever get close to these limits. Besides, I happen to think the Badlands is the Goldilocks of Broncos!
Ford Bronco Seconds thoughts (remorse) about my Badlands BonnyJn (4 of 4)
šŸ™Œ

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Corolla?

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it sounds like what you want is a lower model with at minimum the high package as it will come with the tech features your looking for. Personally. When I had my last vehicle (wrangler Sahara), I was always kicking myself for not going all out and getting the rubicon. I made sure not to make that mistake this go around and went badlands sas hard top w high package and absolutely LOVE it. Never having remorse so far and canā€™t imagine I will. I dont ever think ā€œdang, why didnt I level upā€. I dont think the extra money you paid is wasted as it will come back in resale. Its all relative. The badlands will be a more desirable trim for resale also. As others said. The suspension from factory on the badlands is significantly better then the other lower trims and you will notice this when driving. Even on roads. If your really bothered by it, try to post it for sale and see what you get. If you can walk away breaking even or even pocketing some cash, then no harm done and you can get a lower trim with a high package. Have you priced out the model you want with the correct packages to see the true price difference? Also keep in mind that price adjustments from ford are real. My exact trim is now $5k+ more when built on the ford website. And i have a my23, so it went up that much in a matter of 2-3 month. You have to factor this in if your going to upgrade to 2024 even to a lower model. I wouldnt be surprised if the lower model, when speced with your needs (high package) is allot closer to the price you paid for your current bronco.

Last edited:

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
oh I see..yea, I wasnt crazy familiar with the packages. Iā€™ll double check the paperwork when I get home but itā€™s the standard package cuz it doesnā€™t have blind spot monitoring or dual zone AC
You bought a Badlands without the mid package (which would include your keyless/proximity entry as well as your blind spot monitoring and dual zone AC, etc.)?
Sounds like you spent a good bit of money on a vehicle without doing your homework. Impulse buy? You should have familiarized yourself with the different options and packages before you purchased.

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After taxes, trade in, etc there is no gurantee you'll save $6k by going to a lower model.

If you drive yours for a day or a month, it won't affect your trade in value. So drive it around, see how much you like it, then keep your eye out for a lower cost model. These are not easy to find on dealer lots for a reasonable price, so its not like you can walk into a dealer tomorrow and simply trade yours in.

Ideally you just keep what you have and enjoy it for a year or so. Then you'll know the best model for you to. Then order a brand new one spec'd how you want, trade yours in at that time.

bjpatten

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, Iā€™ll wade in. At the risk of being flogged for heresy, I wager 90% of the Broncos sold wonā€™t be used to their fullest capabilities so I wouldnā€™t let that weigh too heavy in your decision.
Having said that, reading your post again it seems like you know your answer. Iā€™m not going to tell you to keep or sell based on vehicle capability but rather your personal wants and needs.

Itā€™s your vehicle so just get what you like. Itā€™s a lot of money either way so be happy.
You canā€™t go wrong here. All options are good.
I was at dealer buying some new bolts for my bumper that I lost and he said to me I must use my Bronco for what it was designed for.

Sponsored

bjpatten

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all, let me start off by saying that this forum has been extremely helpful and wealth of information.. iā€™m new to this world, so I certainly had a lot to learn.
as per the title, Iā€™m having second thoughts about my badlands, and I would love some feedback, or if you all could poke holes at my reasoning, or help me out with things that i may not be thinking about..
Hereā€™s some background info: I donā€™t off-road, but I loved the looks of the bronco, and what I did want out of my next car was a stick shift transmission. Iā€™ve been following Ford for a few months waiting for them to allow new orders with a manual transmission. Since that wasnā€™t happening, I took to the used market, specifically 2022, either black diamond or Badlands.

now, I mentioned that I donā€™t off-road, and the possibility that I do in the next few years is very low, I donā€™t have the time between work and kids, etc. I live in Florida, so the most would be maybe send, beach driving, if even that. So road driving for me more than 99.8% of the time.
Obviously, the base model would be more than enough to handle my needs, but I decided to step up to at least black diamond. However going for something that had few miles was important to me so I pulled the trigger on a 2022 badlands advanced that only has 2600 miles, and the ā€˜rightā€™ color (area 51).
I picked up the car yesterday, about 150 miles away from me, and drove it home, thinking how gorgeous it is, but in the back of my mind I also kept thinking about how I will not make use of 99.9% of what it offers. At most maybe the 4A when we get Florida rain (although 4H would accomplish the same thing unless Iā€™m mistaken).
Price was about 57K plus taxes, etc. but I am now wondering if I should sell it and instead buy a black diamond with similar, low miles, also a 2022 model. The orange vs blue makes no difference to me. The appearance differences in the grill and wheels also donā€™t matter to me, if anything, maybe the less aggressive wheels in the black diamond would help a bit with road comfort and a tad on mpg, so that would be welcomed for my use case.

I traded in my previous vehicle and paid the difference in cash so I own the car out right. If I went the black diamond route, I would probably save about 6ā€“7 K which I could put towards a hard top maybe or just towards my savings account. and then sleep a bit better at night knowing that I will have a car that is much closer aligned to my needs and use, while still providing 99% functionality that I Wonā€™t use day to day but is there in case I ever ever need it.

By the way. What I would have loved as silly as it sounds is remote keyless entryā€¦.without having to click the fob.
Lastly, if I was to build and order directly from Ford, I would have never gone with a badlands just because of my needs, but this just happened to be as a resale, and I thought about resale value and why not the extra bells and whistles. The very things that I am now asking myself if itā€™s even worth having and paying for if youā€™ll never use it.

Has anyone been in similar situation? does my reasoning make sense, or am I just experiencing buyers remorse here?
I love my Badlands but I have the V6. I drove the 4 and was like eh. I use mine for the full potential everyday. I live in Southern UT. It drives great on the highway also. I had a Rubicon before this and yes it drives amazing on the highway compared to my Rubicon. You should take the top down and drive it around for a month. You will then know. Driving it with the top off is so much fun. As far as the keyless entry you didn't get the mid or high package. I just grab the door handle to get in. Plus I hardly have to lock it around here.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You bought a Badlands without the mid package (which would include your keyless/proximity entry as well as your blind spot monitoring and dual zone AC, etc.)?
Sounds like you spent a good bit of money on a vehicle without doing your homework. Impulse buy? You should have familiarized yourself with the different options and packages before you purchased.
Hey Bobby, just wanted to say ROLL DAMN TIDE to ya!

Farm8265

Badlands
First Name
STAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 350 KING RANCH, 2017 VOLVO T90,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lastly, if I was to build and order directly from Ford, I would have never gone with a badlands just because of my needs, but this just happened to be as a resale, and I thought about resale value and why not the extra bells and whistles. The very things that I am now asking myself if itā€™s even worth having and paying for if youā€™ll never use it.

Most of us can justify any decision we make. I agree with the post below. Sounds a little like you feel a little guilty for stepping up to the BL. I had an Uncle that I was around a lot coming up on our farm. He made a statement one time that stuck with me. He said, ā€œthereā€™s only a nickel difference in first class and half ass!ā€ Keep the Badlands

laudra

Heritage
First Name
lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
šŸ˜€ hah. I test drove a jeep last weekend and it felt mehā€¦..againā€¦.just road driving as Iā€™m sure itā€™s a very capable vehicle off-road)
I second that question did you at least get the mid package for 57k, please tell me you did, however, you made mention that you don't have Intelligent Access which is standard with that package. šŸ¤”

laudra

Heritage
First Name
lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
oh I see..yea, I wasnt crazy familiar with the packages. Iā€™ll double check the paperwork when I get home but itā€™s the standard package cuz it doesnā€™t have blind spot monitoring or dual zone AC
Oh dang!!! That's too bad that you don't have the mid package, its in my opinion the creature comfort basics needed to love a daily driver. Keep the BL for a quick minute, build some equity then trade it. It's a car and there everywhere. Just wait before you know it Broncos will be a dime a dozen. I'm getting a Heritage which is a limited number so hopefully it will hold its value for years to come is what I'm counting on. Good luck though, remember it's a car and there everywhere.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.