First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just fold down the shorter part of the seats, add platform and sleeping mat, done. Cooler and other gear on the other side or both seat parts folded down if I bring more gear, but I'm not into glamping, I pack lightly and I cook fancy meals every night at home, no need for that when out and about.
I roll the same way. Definitely interested in your project when you get going on it. A 3" storage drawer in the back could be super useful too for all of the recovery gear and camping supplies while leveling the floor. My cooler and other stuff would sit right on top.

During my Bronco test today I folded the rear headrest down as designed so it would clear the back of the front seats when folded down. In my Rubicon, I move the passenger seat all the way forward and then extend the rear headrest so it bridges the gap to the front seat back to provide support for my sleeping mat. At 6'4", you might find this useful in the Bronco.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice meeting you. Glad you enjoyed the event!
Heck yeah! Great to meet you too. I really appreciate how informed you guys were about the vehicle. It's a step up from my Rubicon in a lot of ways. We just gotta figure out how to get the front winch in there with all of the sensors.

OP
OP

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did either of those have the Sasquatch package? And what colors were they? I tried to sign up for that but it was full. I’m going to Earnhardt on Monday to see them. I’m super excited!!!
Unfortunately, no Sas. The Black Diamond was Cactus Grey, 2.3l, manual with the 8" display and the Outer Banks was black, 2.7l, auto with the 12" display. I was able to visualize the pieces that would be in my Badlands Sas order. The Ford reps knew the differences in height between the models shown and the Badlands. The Marine Grade Vinyl was in the Black Diamond and it was quite amazing. Caught me by surprise, honestly. I'm glad I'm getting that with the Badlands. Also, I have a 6 spd manual in my Rubicon and I was quite surprised by the contrast in shifting the Bronco manual Vs what it's like shifting my Rubicon manual. Night and day smoother (while parked anyway). I'm getting the auto though. Shifting a manual while in town is a royal PIA unless you need to strengthen your right arm.

Patotas

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, no Sas. The Black Diamond was Cactus Grey, 2.3l, manual with the 8" display and the Outer Banks was black, 2.7l, auto with the 12" display. I was able to visualize the pieces that would be in my Badlands Sas order. The Ford reps knew the differences in height between the models shown and the Badlands. The Marine Grade Vinyl was in the Black Diamond and it was quite amazing. Caught me by surprise, honestly. I'm glad I'm getting that with the Badlands. Also, I have a 6 spd manual in my Rubicon and I was quite surprised by the contrast in shifting the Bronco manual Vs what it's like shifting my Rubicon manual. Night and day smoother (while parked anyway). I'm getting the auto though. Shifting a manual while in town is a royal PIA unless you need to strengthen your right arm.
Well at least I get to see the difference in screen size and the cactus grey which is the color I ordered.

thanks for the info! I’m glad I get to see cactus grey because that what I ordered and I haven’t seen it in person yet haha. Also I really want to see the difference in the screen sizes because I’m torn between my current BD with the mid and moving up to a BL with high package. I’m also going auto because your right driving on any of the freeways around here is a pain with a manual. This will actually be my first auto car haha

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I forgot that was today. I have a noon reservation time slot for Earnhardt on Monday. Thinking long lunch and get BBQ at Rudy's, then play on the Broncos.

Looking forward to touching the shifter on the 7MT and seeing a 2Door and 4door together.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reactions: Jdc
OP
OP

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I forgot that was today. I have a noon reservation time slot for Earnhardt on Monday. Thinking long lunch and get BBQ at Rudy's, then play on the Broncos.

Looking forward to touching the shifter on the 7MT and seeing a 2Door and 4door together.
Hate to spoil the party, but there is no 2 door to view with the AZ demos :(

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I was star observing at Picketpost last night and it would be nice to spend the rest of the night in Bronco instead getting back to home. I am wondering whether there is an option to switch the lights off at night not to attract attention every time you get in and out of the car. The worst offender is my Highlander which BEEPS and flashes the lights when you move the tailgate.

Sponsored

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not convinced an air mattress alone will solve the "lip" problem either. Especially for a 6'4" 265 dude. Don't get me wrong- I'm used to curling up when required on the road (and I strangely like it)... it's part of life. But a firm, level surface is a big deal. An air mattress with multilevel support system seems complex and expensive.
There are a handful of vendors who have dared to enter the arena that is B6G (admirably) and many have inquired about productive ways to address this and make it versatile- here's one link to the BuiltRight thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ear-mounting-systems.15443/page-5#post-563952

This seems like an obvious opportunity for Ford so my gut tells me the aftermarket will pounce on this low-hanging fruit. God willing. Cheers B6G 🍻

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. This is a must have feature for me. It's really great to know that it's going to work quite well. I recall a custom air mattress one of the aftermarket companies make for the Jeep that is shaped for the backend. I bet somebody does that for the Bronco soon. It would be nice if the air mattress was thicker toward the back to accommodate the 3" lip.
Oh, somebody makes this, they'll be selling a good number of them, I'd buy two right away, one just in case the other fails....

OP
OP

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was star observing at Picketpost last night and it would be nice to spend the rest of the night in Bronco instead getting back to home. I am wondering whether there is an option to switch the lights off at night not to attract attention every time you get in and out of the car. The worst offender is my Highlander which BEEPS and flashes the lights when you move the tailgate.
Now that's a terrific use case for the removable roof without a cross bar (like the Jeep). I shoot a lot of night sky stuff up at the Grand Canyon. Some of it's on my website here: www.richrudow.com

On my Rubicon the accessory light can be completely shut off so that the battery doesn't drain if a door is left cracked open. I sure hope that feature exists on the Bronco!

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You looked like you were laying at an angle. Do you think you can get 2-people parallel to the length of the bronco (a couple)?