JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On the garage at least look into the MyQ. Can add it to your current garage door opener and works off the phone easy peasy.

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Garage-Opener-Chamberlain-MYQ-G0301/dp/B075H7Z5L8
I have used the Chamberlin MyQ and the Genie Aladdin Connect and both are good systems that hit your wifi and work with your phone app form anywhere. They are pretty much work with any brand opener, but they have to be relatively newer models (last decade or so). When you get a mile from home and wonder if you closed the garage it is nice to be able to check the app. :)
Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A question about the B&O sound system - it’s really the only item I want out of the Lux package on an OBX and I just can’t justify adding $6k to the price I got to on a Big Bend build that otherwise has what I want. Would appreciate some insights from those with more experience that if I purchase the the upgraded 12” touchscreen on the Big Bend can the B&O system be added later as a stand alone purchase?

Thanks in advance for the assist. Was disappointed the B&O system was not a stand alone upgrade
Unlikely you will be able to purchase and upgrade to the B&O system later. That being said you will be able to upgrade your sound system to a much better sounding system for less then the B&O system costs. $1500 installed will do wonders for your audio in the aftermarket. Blow away what the OEM systems sound like.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With everything you want and adding the heated steering wheel, you're getting dangerously close to lux anyway ?
Really? Lux Package is $3590 on Outer Banks.

Assuming....

Audio upgrade is $1000
Heated Steering Wheel: $500
Screen Upgrade: $1000

That's a total of $2500.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know if manufacturers still make the audio systems incompatible with just replacing the speakers with your own amps and speakers?

I "upgraded" a car's system a few years ago and it was the worst 3k I've ever spent. Lagging media screen, amp would trip at times through no fault of my own, some other problems. If we could keep the head unit and not affect anything else I'd be game to see about changing out the speakers.

Now that I'm an electrician I should revisit this actually. I'm not familiar with this kind of electronics at all but the principles should be the same.
You will be able to keep the head unit and just upgrade the speakers and amp. Look at iDataLink it has interfaces for all the ford Sync systems which allow you to install aftermarket amps without effecting the Sync systems. They will have one for the Bronco soon after launch I'm sure. And sounds like you have a ground issue with the amp above. Just off the top guess i'd wonder what you used as the ground spot, if you used a wire brush to get down to bare metal for the connection, if the ground wire is the same size as the power wire (1/0 guage for both, 4 guage for both, etc...). Normally an amp clipping and cutting out is the ground, although it could be a loose power wire or bad fuse holder on the power side as well.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A question about the B&O sound system - it’s really the only item I want out of the Lux package on an OBX and I just can’t justify adding $6k to the price I got to on a Big Bend build that otherwise has what I want. Would appreciate some insights from those with more experience that if I purchase the the upgraded 12” touchscreen on the Big Bend can the B&O system be added later as a stand alone purchase?

Thanks in advance for the assist. Was disappointed the B&O system was not a stand alone upgrade
you dont need to add $6000 .... with $2000 on a after market system you can get exactly what you want.

AND dont forget that Ford unlike LandRover has not and will not do sound mapping so rest assured the B&O system will not be as good as you hope it to be.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
you dont need to add $6000 .... with $2000 on a after market system you can get exactly what you want.

AND dont forget that Ford unlike LandRover has not and will not do sound mapping so rest assured the B&O system will not be as good as you hope it to be.
Yep. I spent $750 on an upgrade for my 2011 Explorer and it is night and day better then any OEM "Premium" system. Added some Rockford Fosgate components up front, Fosgate Coaxials in the rear doors, a small Pioneer 10" shallow mount subwoofer in the back all connected to a Fosgate 600x5 amplifier with an AudioControl LC2I to interface the factory Sync head unit with the amplifier. I then installed Killmat in all 4 doors and under/near the sub. It sounds fantastic. And with the Killmat, there is no rattling and much better mid bass. With $1500 to $2000 you could go Focal and AudioControl (or whatever your higher end speaker/amplifier preference is) and blow away my setup too for the same price as the B&O.

OP
OP

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unlikely you will be able to purchase and upgrade to the B&O system later. That being said you will be able to upgrade your sound system to a much better sounding system for less then the B&O system costs. $1500 installed will do wonders for your audio in the aftermarket. Blow away what the OEM systems sound like.
Thanks for advice

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had my 10" sub and amplifier stolen out of my Ranger three separate times resulting in two broken windows and one punched lock. After the third theft I didn't replace them.

At least the B&O sub will be contained. Aftermarket equipment can easily be pulled from a vehicle with soft top or no doors.
Many, many years of owning high end car audio systems in cars (And having 3 cars broken into for the audio equipment, and one broken into and the whole electrical system being destroyed as they ripped thing's out) has taught me a few things:

1 - Do not play your system loudly as you are going into shopping centers, malls, movie theaters, amusement parks, college parking lots, etc. The people who steal stereo equipment are usually parked in one of these waiting to here someone bumping in.

2 - If you are upgrading, do your best to hide everything behind factory grills, and if you cannot spend the money to make sure the installation is hidden and solidly mounted including subwoofer boxes being bolted into the car.

3 - Get an internal/external camera for your car. They aren't very expensive anymore and most good thief's will see one and walk away (Stupid thief's won't know and still try and break in, Great thieves will defeat these cameras as well, and you really can't protect your stuff from them).

4 - Leave the windows open and have a big F#$@% dog in the car.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Oh... Oh, no. No, no, no.

Harman Kardon has some of the best auto systems in the market. Can't believe you replaced it with an :sick: Alpine. ?

Alpine's ? quality in the auto market has become basically Walmart level in the last 15 years.

I feel for you, man. Oof.

That being said, I have zero experience with Bang & Olufsen but I do know they've been competitors with Harmon Kardon, Bose, Lexicon and other high end systems.

I don't know if they're worth the money for the Lux Package by themselves, but you're getting a LOT of other things with that package that smooths out the overall cost.

If I end up unhappy with my B&O system, I'll do as I've done before and pull it out and replace it with Harmon Kardon or Bose.
AT $2300 over High, the value is questionable to me.

Besides B&O and ACC

Some inexpensive accessories I would like:
extra dash USBs
wireless charger
door opener (thay may not be easy to use when moving)

Several controlling nannies I don't want and would turn off.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
if you go to sell “upgrade” later you”lol have a better chance of receiving top dollar for a fully loaded Bronco.
It's the opposite. The added features depreciate much more than the base vehicle.

Look at the F150 for example - XL quad cab models with under 90,000 miles originally MSRP'd for $36k are now going for $25-26k. The Platinum models that started at $60k are now going for under $35k. So the no-option XL models lost $10,000 in value or 28% depreciation, while the Platinum models lost $25k or 42% depreciation.

The extra $24,000 in leather, bells, whistles, features, wheels, etc. that Platinum buyers spent over XL buyers basically evaporated.

Sponsored

KADNC

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler JKU Anvil, 2012 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was originally planning go to OBX, primarily because I wanted the B&O to be good enough to avoid aftermarket upgrades. Then, I looked more closely at Black Diamond and decided the approximately $7k lower price tag on my builds is more appealing.

OBX + Lux has too much I don't care about. I'm irritated that leather is an additional charge for this model and a "luxury" package.

The faux leather in BD looks good to me and I'll upgrade the speakers, amp, etc.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just hate that they don't tell you which b&o speakers they use when you know it varies across different brands. I had the bang system in my Audi ( the stock one not the 7k upgraded one) and I freaking adored it. I have a feeling this one won't be as good but I'll just have to wait and find out.
Pretty sure all of the B&O speakers are just cheap paper speakers with Ford stamped on the back. As a F150 owner with the B&O option, I can tell you that there's nothing hugely special about the B&O speakers.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's the opposite. The added features depreciate much more than the base vehicle.

Look at the F150 for example - XL quad cab models with under 90,000 miles originally MSRP'd for $36k are now going for $25-26k. The Platinum models that started at $60k are now going for under $35k. So the no-option XL models lost $10,000 in value or 28% depreciation, while the Platinum models lost $25k or 42% depreciation.

The extra $24,000 in leather, bells, whistles, features, wheels, etc. that Platinum buyers spent over XL buyers basically evaporated.
That may be true, and I won't debate that info. However, there is an intrinsic "enjoyment" value of having the options while owned. Meaning - If I have all the options, I will enjoy having them available to use. That I lost value at the time of sale likely won't be that much of concern. Additionally, the person that bought the Platinum model over the XL (IMO) is not as concerned about trade in value verses the XL buyer. The F150 is Fords flagship so it's understandable the lower trim models would hold value as they make a perfect "work" vehicle. Platinum model is the "mall crawler" version.
As for the Bronco we may be looking at apples and oranges - Bronco is billed as purpose built - to take on Jeep. To that I feel we may be looking at different numbers in the future. Time will only tell. I will be curious to follow this.....

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure all of the B&O speakers are just cheap paper speakers with Ford stamped on the back. As a F150 owner with the B&O option, I can tell you that there's nothing hugely special about the B&O speakers.
That's unfortunate.

OP
OP

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Many, many years of owning high end car audio systems in cars (And having 3 cars broken into for the audio equipment, and one broken into and the whole electrical system being destroyed as they ripped thing's out) has taught me a few things:

1 - Do not play your system loudly as you are going into shopping centers, malls, movie theaters, amusement parks, college parking lots, etc. The people who steal stereo equipment are usually parked in one of these waiting to here someone bumping in.

2 - If you are upgrading, do your best to hide everything behind factory grills, and if you cannot spend the money to make sure the installation is hidden and solidly mounted including subwoofer boxes being bolted into the car.

3 - Get an internal/external camera for your car. They aren't very expensive anymore and most good thief's will see one and walk away (Stupid thief's won't know and still try and break in, Great thieves will defeat these cameras as well, and you really can't protect your stuff from them).

4 - Leave the windows open and have a big F#$@% dog in the car.
Great points and love recommendation 4. I think these two will work - about 260 lbs of Great Dane!

F4199B50-ACBB-4AEF-9257-B1181C47336C.jpeg
Sponsored