Sponsored

Sta-bar Disconnect WARNING : FORD NOT COVERING KNOWN ISSUE IF YOUR VEHICLE IS MODIFIED

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My small dealer has replaced 6 sway bars already. There is a problem.
Not to down play this, but you’re in Moab…. Probably not the most representative statistic…

It would be interesting to know what parts are consistently being being shipped into the Bronco Off-Roadeos. Anyone here work for UPS?
Sponsored

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, the problem only shows up if you use it (most times), so in Moab and Colorado we use it. I think the SSM posted can solve some problems, as my error only comes on occasionally. I think it might be a loose plug, or something like that.

OP
OP
Grodyoffroad

Grodyoffroad

Badlands
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Bronco, 21 FE, 22 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP - No argument from me! If I understand your predicament correctly, you do not know what is the exact issue with your sway bar disconnect is, and the dealer’s not telling you what is wrong either?

Why not take it to a competent mechanic to find out what the exact problem is? There must be 100’s of competent mechanics in El Paso that have the ability to diagnose electronic/mechanical issues with Ford’s.

The mechanic I use here in Houston, would be capable of diagnosing this issue and would tell me if he thought it was a Warranty Issue.

If you could find such a mechanic (that you trust) in El Paso, you could go back to Ford with some ammunition (documentation), rather than, “It broke and it’s your problem”. Paying for a few hours of mechanics time is probably a lot cheaper than even paying for a threatening letter from a lawyer.

Everyone here is looking forward to hearing about your resolution, one way or the other.
Yeah man. So I'm gonna take it to another dealership next week. And want to talk to service manager at casa ford directly beforehand. He knows and has helped other bronco people already in the community from what I hear. Including this same issue. What's worse is that shamaley never offered a solution or a path or anything. Was told to pick it up we not doing anything. Not the experience you would expect after buying 2 broncos from them lol. I will definitely update what happened.

Whats really interesting is that they had a whole list of my mods hand written down. Including gears and they assumed and wrote down where all the installation took place. They were incorrect on that actually. I never told them what shop did what. It's like they looked thru my social media to find out my mods. Very sketchy shit. Built this thing to use and take my kid and family out and enjoy as much as possible. They should be looking to help find a solution at least. At this point I want computer flashed and I'm just gonna unhook the sway bar because I know it's gonna happen again without a real fix.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah man. So I'm gonna take it to another dealership next week. And want to talk to service manager at casa ford directly beforehand. He knows and has helped other bronco people already in the community from what I hear. Including this same issue. What's worse is that shamaley never offered a solution or a path or anything. Was told to pick it up we not doing anything. Not the experience you would expect after buying 2 broncos from them lol. I will definitely update what happened.

Whats really interesting is that they had a whole list of my mods hand written down. Including gears and they assumed and wrote down where all the installation took place. They were incorrect on that actually. I never told them what shop did what. It's like they looked thru my social media to find out my mods. Very sketchy shit. Built this thing to use and take my kid and family out and enjoy as much as possible. They should be looking to help find a solution at least. At this point I want computer flashed and I'm just gonna unhook the sway bar because I know it's gonna happen again without a real fix.
See you in Big Bend Ranch State Park some day????

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
if only you had access to a search bar or a search engine on this here internet. service manager said its a known issue, ME first hand also know its a known issue. this aint no pity party. ITS A WARNING TO EVERYONE WITH Sway bar disconnect. if you staying stock or not it doesnt matter. its gonna happen to you also. so not sure why you are still arguing against.
Because he's even more fun at parties than you are! You have been warned, don't invite him to any parties!

Sponsored

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For whatever protection that the MM Act may provide during the original manufacturer’s warranty period, it’s my understanding that it doesn’t apply during the extended warranty period, if one is purchased. Do your own research, but just something to consider.

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The best bet is to return the vehicle back to its original condition and then take it in.

Everyone knows once you modify the vehicle drive train articulation all warranty and stipulations regarding the drivetrain are subject to question and and can be void upon inspection.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe it should have read, “ lift me correctly baby”.

Or maybe, “If you don’t understand the rules, don't play the game”.

Seems to be a lot of ignorance about modifying vehicles and the repercussions.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The problem in this thread is there just is no real tech. The OP didn't say that they adjusted the length of the sway bar links by adding a bracket. The OP didn't say that they measured the angle, or that the sway bar end links were stock, or that the type of lift used didn't change that angle or anything. Just I lifted my bronco, the sway bar is reporting an error, and ford refused to warranty it. Oh and I haven't driven it off-road for a long time.
You can't expect a lot of intelligent responses when that's all you get.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flip - Thanks for posting.

Is there a possibility that my dealer here in Houston would be willing to “pack” all of the 4(?) electrical connectors with dielectric grease?
Would depend on the dealer. My guess would be no if the intent was having Ford pay. Now, if I had it in here on the lift doing an oil change and had easy access (don't have to take off a bunch of aftermarket under body protection) my lube guys would be perfectly capable of doing it. The big thing is checking to see if there's already moisture in them or corrosion started. Packing them isn't a big deal.

Twister22

Badlands
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor 1965 Mustang 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure how lifting would cause an issue with the sway bar, it attaches to the lower control arms?

473219A2-7CEE-41E1-B23B-A2F95E7C05C4.jpeg

B9691430-7355-494E-AAA4-E8FE166D55CB.jpeg

9E1F11AA-2074-453F-AA51-F19E49F32CE9.jpeg

B10A8186-4802-4240-9D47-BC8754797F94.jpeg

D6A1B028-8E33-4EC9-9BB7-046B1681A539.jpeg

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure how lifting would cause an issue with the sway bar, it attaches to the lower control arms?
I would assume the sway bar disconnect mechanism (since it is solidly mounted) has a “neutral axis” for it to operate correctly. If you lift the vehicle and don’t lengthen the sway bar connecting links, the disconnect mechanism never returns to it’s neutral position.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would depend on the dealer. My guess would be no if the intent was having Ford pay. Now, if I had it in here on the lift doing an oil change and had easy access (don't have to take off a bunch of aftermarket under body protection) my lube guys would be perfectly capable of doing it. The big thing is checking to see if there's already moisture in them or corrosion started. Packing them isn't a big deal.
OK, thanks Flip. It’s on my list to do once the driveway cools down below 105º. Are there 4 connectors and they are accessible with the bash plate off?

Ford Bronco Sta-bar Disconnect WARNING :  FORD NOT COVERING KNOWN ISSUE IF YOUR VEHICLE IS MODIFIED IMG_0211

This is the dielectric grease I would use. Something better?