Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Although correct, I find it annoying when he keeps saying 34.4 inch tires.
Yeah, that is annoying…since they are nominal 35s, and that is the common name. Also, he’s not even factually correct as these spec bigger than other GY 315s and are listed at an actual 34.7….bigger than the average “35”.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The more I watch Tommy, the more he seems to come across as a Jeep fanboy. The obvious advantages of Bronco he glosses over. I mean he has owned enough jeeps he is invested. I imagine that will be a struggle for a number of Jeep Fanboys over time accepting that they have been beat by competition now. Give it a few years and they will convert right!
Well, I think you have to win over the Jeep fanboys first since the rest of us already have a Bronco on order so we already know what's better, at least for us.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mean, 480 horsepower (358 kilowatts), 634 lb.-ft. of torque, 0-60 in 3.5….

Just because it’s not burning dinosaurs doesn’t mean it’s not a mustang….

Though, we can all agree the Blazer is an affront to god and the fact they thought it was a good idea is all the reason I need to advocate burning Chevrolet to the ground and starting them over.

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, that is annoying…since they are nominal 35s, and that is the common name. Also, he’s not even factually correct as these spec bigger than other GY 315s and are listed at an actual 34.7….bigger than the average “35”.
The Math works out to 34.4!

Sponsored

Afro

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I don’t know about the rear window on the Bronco is: can you remove it or roll it up? I spend a lot of time driving around with the side windows unzipped and removed and the rear window unzipped on the sides and rolled up—like a Bimini. Not sure, but I don’t think you can do that on the Bronco.
I believe you can. The early pictures and videos of Ford testing pre-prod vehicles on the Rubicon trail showed the soft top configured like a safari top, so top cover still on but all rear quarter and rear windows were removed.

Edit: Image and forum link Added
Rubicon Trail Vids/Pics 1
Rubicon Trail Vids/Pics 2
Rubicon Trail Vids/Pics 3
Ford Bronco [TFL] Has the Jeep Wrangler Finally Met Its Match? |   Bronco Week Ep.4 1624544944683

Ford Bronco [TFL] Has the Jeep Wrangler Finally Met Its Match? |   Bronco Week Ep.4 1624544959219

Last edited:

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been holding out hope they bring back the FJ
Oh man, me too. I had an FJ for 10 years and loved it's beefyness, which is why I like the Bronco also. Except the Bronco looks like a 4dr FJ.
Here's me and my FJ:
Ford Bronco [TFL] Has the Jeep Wrangler Finally Met Its Match? |   Bronco Week Ep.4 69596624_10157500670049438_1795211203476193280_n

Ford Bronco [TFL] Has the Jeep Wrangler Finally Met Its Match? |   Bronco Week Ep.4 67194006_10157393789429438_2153067655240613888_n

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He did say that in an earlier video.

He did give me an idea: wake tower speakers replacing the rear pods at some point.

I have been thinking about the rear soft top opening - any Wrangler owner with a zip rear window will tell you it’s nice when it is wide open, but getting it unzipped is a pain in the ass, and most loading and unloading of groceries etc is without opening the rear window / under that rear window bar. So what Ford has done is made that quick access easier. What I don’t know about the rear window on the Bronco is: can you remove it or roll it up? I spend a lot of time driving around with the side windows unzipped and removed and the rear window unzipped on the sides and rolled up—like a Bimini. Not sure, but I don’t think you can do that on the Bronco.

So pluses and minuses…
So does the JK improve upon the way to strap the window up (meaning materials of the strapping, I guess) to where it doesn't scratch and haze up the plastic after one roll-up?
I end up just taking my rear window completely out of my TJ because the straps leave horrendous scuff marks on it. And I don't wanna replace it because that's where all the cool stickers reside.
And the zippers are fine when new.
Get some age/grit in there and it's quite a bit less fun-n-easy.
Looking forward to aftermarket Bronco soft top offerings/biminis/sunshades/what-have-you.
And yeah, my rear storage is kaput.
Smitty security box, speaker box on one side under that.
I can fit a box of pop tarts in the other side and a first aid kit. My recovery strap bag if I feel adventurous and have a few minutes to Jenga the other stuff around.
But I ain't complaining. In maybe 2 minutes I have the rear windows zipped out, 1/2 doors off, rear window zipped out, riding in the breeze.
Just don't get caught out in the rain. Well, semi-hard rain. Because I had to leave all that stuff behind or in the back seat if no passengers.
I guess after all this rant I really am just wondering about the JK version of securing that rear window when rolled up, if it protects it well.
If so I may have to get the JK style strapping and make it work for mine.
*Edit:
I considered gluing felt to the inside of the nylon strapping, may end up doing that.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

mynameismyles657

Badlands
First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In the end, the real winner will be declared when sales numbers are totaled. The consumer will make the decision.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As far as the speaker issue, isn't there a sound-bar Ford is making for the Bronco as an add-on?
I remember seeing this on the leaked accessories catalog.
There is an optional sound bar but if I remember correctly if you have the B&O sound system it is not compatible.
Sponsored