Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have no issue with the flares being plastic, I think that's good for all the reasons mentioned.

I just wish they were a shape that flows better with the shape of the metal fender rather than sticking out at nearly a right angle
Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A) ABS absolutely takes some dings and scrapping and doesn’t show wear. Try this - break a branch tip off a tree and run it down the painted side of your car. The find any Jeep with abs fenders and run it down those fenders.

B) This is what we’re talking about: ease of removal for aftermarket customization:
A. Painted Jeep flares would scratch exactly the same as my Mustang’s painted quarter panels would

B. I’m failing to see how that’s any easier than this:

When designing a product you hope you make the majority happy knowing that you will piss off a few. In my opinion, they have chosen the correct path.

Judging by the fact that when the BroncoR prototype was released, there was only 1 person I counted who didn’t like the looks... the rest were just bitching about IFS; whereas since these new pictures surfaced of the production Bronco, there is now 3 or 4 separate threads talking about how awful the flares are, as well as the original thread being filled with complaints about it. I repeat: THE MAJORITY DO NOT WANT A JEEP CLONE. IF WE WANTED A JEEP, WE’D BUY A JEEP

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have no issue with the flares being plastic, I think that's good for all the reasons mentioned.

I just wish they were a shape that flows better with the shape of the metal fender rather than sticking out at nearly a right angle
I think it’s the combination of exposed plastic and the shape that both make it look like an afterthought. I’d even be okay with plastic fenders (or fiberglass or whatever you want to make them) if they didn’t look like they could have literally been stuck on with a hot glue gun

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A. Painted Jeep flares would scratch exactly the same as my Mustang’s painted quarter panels would

B. I’m failing to see how that’s any easier than this:

Judging by the fact that when the BroncoR prototype was released, there was only 1 person I counted who didn’t like the looks... the rest were just bitching about IFS; whereas since these new pictures surfaced of the production Bronco, there is now 3 or 4 separate threads talking about how awful the flares are, as well as the original thread being filled with complaints about it. I repeat: THE MAJORITY DO NOT WANT A JEEP CLONE. IF WE WANTED A JEEP, WE’D BUY A JEEP
That’s why painted Jeep fenders are for fashionistas, not off roaders. Unless you by heavy steel armor aftermarket ones and paint them body color. Black ABS exists stock on the Rubicon for a reason.

I agree the Simple curved flares shown seem a little wonky compared even to the aftermarket ones on the EB pic I posted above.

The Bronco R flares don’t change the whole side so it does’t look like the Early Bronco. I agree the arched wheel wells don’t look like the Early Bronco either but many on this site prefer rounded.

IT ISN’T A JEEP CLONE - IT IS AN EARLY BRONCO CLONE!

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a feeling there’s a fairly decent chance that those are not the ones that are going to Bronco upon reveal/release. Having some generic ones on for the “leak” seems like a good way to keep more of the secrecy they were going for.

Deleted member 3063

Well aware of the purpose of a plastic, replaceable flare. Just wanted the wide Raptor fender option, like, the couple hundred thousand current Raptor owners enjoy.
Not all that great in real life. Side doors and running boards constantly sprayed by the front tires.
Mud and snow plied on the r boards so bad they have to be scraped off to be used. Just saying.

OP
OP
BoostedBronco

BoostedBronco

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not all that great in real life. Side doors and running boards constantly sprayed by the front tires.
Mud and snow plied on the r boards so bad they have to be scraped off to be used. Just saying.
No different than scraping/washing piles of mud off the top of a flat flared bronco. Those things will be mud magnets because nothing can drip off, it will just sit on top. Each have their own problems.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No different than scraping/washing piles of mud off the top of a flat flared bronco. Those things will be mud magnets because nothing can drip off, it will just sit on top. Each have their own problems.
Drill twenty 2" holes all around them. It'll look sweet.

Probably make a cool WHOOSH noise at 70 mph too.

• Haha
Reactions: Jdc

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drill twenty 2" holes all around them. It'll look sweet.

Probably make a cool WHOOSH noise at 70 mph too.
Then back light them with LEDs. Sick

Sponsored

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope they come off, I hate them, mainly because I hate fender flares in general

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anything will come off if you have a reciprocating saw and the right blades...
Well I hope I don't have to when it comes out but it will probably happen or at least aftermarket ones.

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a feeling there’s a fairly decent chance that those are not the ones that are going to Bronco upon reveal/release. Having some generic ones on for the “leak” seems like a good way to keep more of the secrecy they were going for.
I thought that too, but it doesn't make sense. Just wishful thinking. Like someone said before, there appears to be 3 different flares, varying in depth. The steelie 2-door is thinnest, the lux trim 4 door a little wider, and the hood up soft top with the widest. Why go through the trouble of making different flares (and painting a set) just to throw people off? Flares play too much of a role in the aggressive look of a vehicle - that's not something you'd want to tease, especially since we've ALREADY SEEN THE BRONCO R!