indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's 2020 - even Porsche got rid of the manuals - really what do you plan to do with a manual that you cannot do with an auto now ?
Have more fun?
Sponsored

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So far, I’m liking what I’m seeing and can’t say I have much in the way of gripes although from an aesthetic viewpoint, I’m not crazy about the fender flares. I also still wish a V8 had been an option for those that wanted it (assuming it indeed isn’t). I’m not seeing any dealbreakers though, so long as the pricing isn’t stratospheric.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So is Chrispy already the official, unofficial, Bronco6G Forum hookup for bronco sales now?
Does Chrispy have a Tinder profile? I'd like to see who I'm meeting with if I gotta drive that far :oops:

difficulTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Alltrack, 2010 Ford F150, 2006 Mini JCW Checkmate
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

FlyerNation

Outer Banks
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not really a gripe, more my take on a gripe. Alot are saying it looks like a Flex on a truck chassis, which Im totally ok with! I have my second Flex now, and interior is the most comfortable vehicle Ive ever owned. My hope is its as roomy as Im 6'5 275lbs. Who am I kidding....Im gettin the F ing thing either way.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

that threads like this get started when no one has any facts. patience.
To be fair, this thread was created to discourage griping in other threads.

Call it a "quarantine" if you like.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a roll down back glass in a vintage wagoneer. It’s a complete pain in the ass.

Want to walk up to the back and grab something? Better have the keys. Fumble for keys. Then insert key and wait for the window to roll down, completely. Oh, the keys are in the ignition? Walk around, open door, turn on ignition. Hold button to roll glass down, completely. Walk around. Open tailgate which is 60 lbs heavier than it needs to be because it’s full of glass, regulator, window motor, and wiper motors. Got your stuff in/out now? Lift overweight tailgate and slam closed. Now walk around to the drivers door. Open drivers door. Turn ignition back on if you turned it off. Hold button to close, completely. Turn off ignition. Walk around and get stuff you left on the ground because you had to roll up the back glass.

But you don’t mind and you think it’s cool to roll the window down when you’re cruising? It’s not. Every ounce of exhaust fumes gets sucked into the cab and makes it unbearable. Heaven forbid you are on a gravel/dirt road. You and your interior will be the same color as the dirt road you are driving on, all except for the white in your eyes. I just don’t see the appeal.
It would be comical to watch, and I feel your pain - having had a couple FSBs. But I outwitted the key thing, I simply kept a spare door key in my pocket. I quickly learned that leaving the keys elsewhere was an issue, and after a couple times, rarely found that I left my keys in the ignition - a questionable practice with a vintage vehicle to start with, more so to leave it running. Leaving your keys elsewhere when they are needed to open a door is a planning problem that one would think repetition of such a negative feedback cycle would self-correct in an intelligent being... but the spare key resolved about half of the issues you enumerated. The FSB had torsion bars to counter the weight of the tailgate, perhaps the Wagoneer didn't have that convenience or it was worn out?

But in a new vehicle, almost every one of those complaints can be solved with modern engineering and technology:

"Walk around, open door, get keys...": NFC controls in the keyless remote that lives in your pocket or optionally linked to your phone. Stick your foot out, window rolls down. Stick it out again, tailgate unlatches.

"60 lbs. heavier than it needs to be because...": Tell me you haven't seen a modern tailgate or lift gate that opens literally effortlessly, even by electric motor.

"Lift overweight tailgate...blah, blah, blah...": See above, substituting "opens" with "closes".

You could even leave your car running while you do all this, as a keyless system allows you to exit the vehicle with the key as the vehicle remains running - but it would never be necessary.

Your final complaint, exhaust fumes and dirt... we're talking about an off-road vehicle that has the ability to go roofless and windowless. It IS going to get filthy inside if you're barreling around in a dry, dusty environment. If you're going fast enough to suck exhaust into the cab, there's a button on the dash to solve that... I found that 2/3 to 3/4 up kept fumes out, but allowed the dogs to live in a virtual state of continuous bliss in the back.

So... 95% non-issue on a roll-up inside of a gate.

Sponsored

Lerico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 2004 Silverado 1500 1989 nissan d21 1976 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like everything i'm seeing. Only one complaint no SFA. The down payment ive been saving for the past three years will likely go elsewhere without it. Im still holding out hope for a future special edition.

LRDiscovery2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2, Lexus GS450h
It's 2020 - even Porsche got rid of the manuals - really what do you plan to do with a manual that you cannot do with an auto now ?
So true!
I hope Ford did not Waste Resources on development a manual Bronco.

LRDiscovery2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2, Lexus GS450h
then I learned manual
This is such an american thing to say. In the rest of the world(Europe f.x) we know to drive manuals from the day we get Our License. In america its like you think you are special if you know how. Its a totally normal and mundane thing to drive cars with manual gearboxes.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is such an american thing to say. In the rest of the world(Europe f.x) we know to drive manuals from the day we get Our License. In america its like you think you are special if you know how. Its a totally normal and mundane thing to drive cars with manual gearboxes.
Is being incessantly condescending something that comes naturally to Europeans too, or is that learned behavior?