Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This justification always cracks me up. Once YOU own an auto that’s faster than this, you can use that as your justification. Until then, there are PLENTY of manuals out there faster than your slushbox

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dragtimes.com/blog/worlds-fastest-7-second-dsm/amp

Also, this is a Bronco we’re talking about... who gives a fuck how much faster it can go down a 1/4 mile
Saw this earlier and wondered, how much would I lose trading in my Ram?
Ford Bronco The gripe thread. IMG_20200312_121331

(Taco's are available with stick)

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's 2020 - even Porsche got rid of the manuals - really what do you plan to do with a manual that you cannot do with an auto now ?
iTs mOrE eGaGiNg tO dRiVe

I care about getting it right or going the fastest.

Even my 94 Wrangler is an automatic. It's a shitty 3 speed, and it's still better than a manual.

Autos are better. Fight me.
The challenge of coordinating four different actions with all four limbs is driving, everything else is wanking. Fight that

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
The challenge of coordinating four different actions with all four limbs is driving, everything else is wanking. Fight that
I welcome the challenge of driving stick while eating a burger and talking on the phone, changing lanes and down shifting in one motion... Never spill a drop of my beer in the process.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I welcome the challenge of driving stick while eating a burger and talking on the phone, changing lanes and down shifting in one motion... Never spill a drop of my beer in the process.
Initial D: Arizona

Sponsored

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Saw this earlier and wondered, how much would I lose trading in my Ram?
Ford Bronco The gripe thread. IMG_20200312_121331

(Taco's are available with stick)
That's the color I'm hoping the Bronco will come in. Or something close at least. I may look into getting a wrap if there isn't a green that I like

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Great points except when you drive over that rock and your tailgate opens and the dogs and you cooler fall out.
Oh, right - I forgot, that happens with children and groceries in similarly-equipped minivans and SUVs/CUVs all the time. :rolleyes:

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This justification always cracks me up. Once YOU own an auto that’s faster than this, you can use that as your justification. Until then, there are PLENTY of manuals out there faster than your slushbox

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dragtimes.com/blog/worlds-fastest-7-second-dsm/amp

Also, this is a Bronco we’re talking about... who gives a fuck how much faster it can go down a 1/4 mile
Man you are really getting worked up over manual transmissions.

Is this you? Mustang, Texas, and worked up over a car :LOL:

LRDiscovery2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2, Lexus GS450h
Is being incessantly condescending something that comes naturally to Europeans too, or is that learned behavior?
Changing g ear is part of Learning how to drive most places(excluding america).

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Man you are really getting worked up over manual transmissions.

Is this you? Mustang, Texas, and worked up over a car :LOL:
Who’s worked up? I’m just talking facts... if you’re not faster than the fastest manual, then that means there are manuals faster than you... in other words, “autos are faster” is a load of shit because there’s most certainly a manual faster than your slushbox ?

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Who’s worked up? I’m just talking facts... if you’re not faster than the fastest manual, then that means there are manuals faster than you... in other words, “autos are faster” is a load of shit because there’s most certainly a manual faster than your slushbox ?
I prefer manuals, but this is some weird logic you have going here.

-At the very highest levels, autos (or sequential gearboxes depending on discipline) are faster than traditional manual transmissions
-The fastest auto is faster than the fastest manual
-For basically any given new car today with both an auto and a manual, the oem auto is faster than the oem manual.

Therefore, 'autos are faster' as a general statement, is true.

What you're saying is like claiming that you can't say "sports cars handle better than pickup trucks around a racetrack" because the nascar truck series exists. Doesn't mean you're better off with an F150 than a Mustang if you're headed to the race track.

Last edited:

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I prefer manuals, but this is some weird logic you have going here.

-At the very highest levels, autos (or sequential gearboxes depending on discipline) are faster than traditional manual transmissions
-The fastest auto is faster than the fastest manual
-For basically any given new car today with both an auto and a manual, the oem auto is faster than the oem manual.
I think you’re missing the point. Sure, all of this is true. But my point is, if you aren’t at that highest level, saying “autos are faster” is simply a bullshit scapegoat. if your car doesn’t have every single measure taken to make it faster, then there’s no reason to bash someone else for also not having that. There’s absolutely no reason for someone to talk down on buying a manual or talk up buying an auto claiming that .1 second difference while still having a full interior... they obviously don’t care about being “faster”, they’re just trying to come up with an excuse. It’s akin to people who see a 2JZ-GTE powered tube chassis car tear it up at the drag strip then try to tell someone their stock N/A Supra is faster than a brand new Camaro because “WELL ITS GOT A TOOJAYZEE!!!”

And let’s be real, NASCAR trophy trucks aren’t actually trucks, they’re cars with a truck-looking fiberglass blanket draped over it

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you’re missing the point. Sure, all of this is true. But my point is, if you aren’t at that highest level, saying “autos are faster” is simply a bullshit scapegoat. if your car doesn’t have every single measure taken to make it faster, then there’s no reason to bash someone else for also not having that. There’s absolutely no reason for someone to talk down on buying a manual or talk up buying an auto claiming that .1 second difference while still having a full interior... they obviously don’t care about being “faster”, they’re just trying to come up with an excuse. It’s akin to people who see a 2JZ-GTE powered tube chassis car tear it up at the drag strip then try to tell someone their stock N/A Supra is faster than a brand new Camaro because “WELL ITS GOT A TOOJAYZEE!!!”

And let’s be real, NASCAR trophy trucks aren’t actually trucks, they’re cars with a truck-looking fiberglass blanket draped over it
No, the point of saying 'autos are faster' is because it's true. If you go into the showroom and have the choice between an identical car with an auto and a manual, the car with the auto will be faster. If you then take all the same performance enhancing measures on both, the auto car will still be faster. Just because someone wants to keep their carpets doesn't mean they don't care about having a car with better performance.

For one example, if you wanted to take your stock C7 Corvette to autocross and compete in stock class, you are better off having the automatic transmission than the manual. It's just straight faster.

I'm not dumping on manual transmissions, I prefer them as well. There are lots of reasons to want to have a manual transmission, but with modern cars, outright performance is not one of them.
Sponsored