First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, enough, IFS is not as off road capable when modified. SFA, on the other hand has less than ideal drivability regardless.

Its up to ford what ends up under it. And up to the aftermarket to change it.

THE HORSE IS DEAD, STOP BEATING IT.
Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford has teased us with a Bronco since 2004
That's a stretch. They showed a concept, something that automakers do all the time without following through. They did it ONCE, not like it was continuously "since 2004". And the economy made new product introduction at that point in time (concept 2004 = prototype 2008) a non-starter from a corporate perspective. It was a good choice NOT to do it then, we may have wound up with an Explorer trim package instead of ground-up new body-on-frame after all the fiscal hand-wringing.

I think it’s bullshit that all this hype for over 15 years
Huh? What "hype for over 15 years"? Ford has been ALL BUT SILENT on Bronco until their hand was forced by UAW politics, and after that, so tight-lipped that it makes congress, the FBI, and the national intelligence community look like a magazine rack in the checkout line at the local grocery store. Half the criticism of Ford on this website is that there has been NO information on Bronco, far from "hype for over 15 years".

Any expectations you have were generated by your own imagination.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You are probably right on every front except body size.
It definitely helps to have that thin body, and not just "rock crawling", but
tight off camber forest trails. Also helps that wrangler has a factory narrowed
front end.

I am happy to hear that Ford is trying really hard to give it a lot of
unique or offroad geared features.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's a stretch. They showed a concept, something that automakers do all the time without following through. They did it ONCE, not like it was continuously "since 2004". And the economy made new product introduction at that point in time (concept 2004 = prototype 2008) a non-starter from a corporate perspective. It was a good choice NOT to do it then, we may have wound up with an Explorer trim package instead of ground-up new body-on-frame after all the fiscal hand-wringing.

Huh? What "hype for over 15 years"? Ford has been ALL BUT SILENT on Bronco until their hand was forced by UAW politics, and after that, so tight-lipped that it makes congress, the FBI, and the national intelligence community look like a magazine rack in the checkout line at the local grocery store. Half the criticism of Ford on this website is that there has been NO information on Bronco, far from "hype for over 15 years".

Any expectations you have were generated by your own imagination.
Fair enough, yes I have been excited for over 15 yrs when the concept was first shown. I am now at a point where I can afford it and yes I will be very disappointed if MY wait has been for Fords 4Runner.
Ford has been hitting home runs with their Performance focused vehicles so I can only imagine the best Bronco coming and that is not a retro styled version of what many mfg have tried to do battle with the Wrangler with and what seems many people on here are excited about.
This isn’t a fictitious land where we can imagine a market will shift to an architecture that has been proven wrong simply because it’s the new kid on the block. Or a fictitious land where there’s an uncovered market that wants a less capable Wrangler.
In the real world we know the Wrangler is the clear market leader. All for reasons previously given. The market will not shift to a vehicle with less capability than their current offering.
AND please stop with the stock vs stock thing. Yes it needs to, and it better, compare with Rubicon stock vs stock because all the competition before compared with a Rubicon stock vs stock.

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Crispy, we are drowning in the lack of information from FoMoCo. If FoMoCo would release some official renderings in witch they don't show what the axles are or the removable parts removed, but at least shows some of the already casted in stone features, it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Please FoMoCo, throw us a lifeline, because we are drowning!!!!!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Crispy, we are drowning in the lack of information from FoMoCo. If FoMoCo would release some official renderings in witch they don't show what the axles are or the removable parts removed, but at least shows some of the already casted in stone features, it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Please FoMoCo, throw us a lifeline, because we are drowning!!!!!
I’ll throw you the smallest of lifelines. My buddy over there was working on Bronco, switched to the Mach-E, and is back on Bronco and Next-gen F-150 now. Which means we’re going to learn more pretty soon ;)

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ll throw you the smallest of lifelines. My buddy over there was working on Bronco, switched to the Mach-E, and is back on Bronco and Next-gen F-150 now. Which means we’re going to learn more pretty soon ;)
You live in AZ and have a buddy at Ford? That’s like somebody in Michigan having a buddy at Intel..

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You live in AZ and have a buddy at Ford? That’s like somebody in Michigan having a buddy at Intel..
this isn't 1940. I am in LA (Louisiana, and the bum fuck swamp at that) and have buddies all over the country, NY, Alaska, skunkworks in Palmdale CA, Houston, Dallas,and San Antonio Texas,Arkansas and Tennessee, Florida,Georgia, Iowa, Missouri, all people I talk to weekly.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
this isn't 1940. I am in LA (Louisiana, and the bum fuck swamp at that) and have buddies all over the country, NY, Alaska, skunkworks in Palmdale CA, Houston, Dallas,and San Antonio Texas,Arkansas and Tennessee, Florida,Georgia, Iowa, Missouri, all people I talk to weekly.
Good for you..

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
He won’t answer any super specific questions because he doesn’t want to out himself. Honestly just by saying he’s worked on the Mach, the Bronco, and the F-150 I may have said too much.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He won’t answer any super specific questions because he doesn’t want to out himself. Honestly just by saying he’s worked on the Mach, the Bronco, and the F-150 I may have said too much.
Good thing you repeated it. o_O

Cybrrstarr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alright bud. If this isn’t the vehicle “for the enthusiast” then what the hell are you doing here? Sorry I’m an enthusiast that also keeps my expectations realistic and I’m going to give Ford the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong. The rumors are that it’s got a good powertrain, manual transmission, retro look, big tires, and removable top. That’s all I need personally and as long as they don’t mess it up somehow I’m buying it.

All y’all need to learn how to set your expectations. Set them modestly and hopefully ford blows us away. Much better way to go through life vs being disappointed and bitter about fucking everything.
Then go buy Miata!

Cybrrstarr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
See and here’s the problem. You’ve already set your expectations too high. We pretty much know based on Teocali’s comment it will not be SFA. We know from common sense and from Carmaker1 that the powertrain will be I4 and V6 options.

And guess what, maybe I’m bad at reading between the lines with everything I’ve read and it will come with a V8 and SFA options. Even then just that fact that those things will be an option that costs money, or a limited run is going to cause all y’all to bitch because the vehicle you want is a fucking pie in the sky. We know it’s not going to be a 4Runner just based on the stock tire option of a 33 alone, so don’t expect the Ford 4Runner. My buddy at ford, as well as teocali have said as such that they are targeting the wrangler and I expect that fully. Is it going to be as insane at rock crawling? No probably not. But it’s still going to be an extremely capable vehicle.
how is ford targeting wrangler without a SFA????

Impossible and Ford is going to be just like Tesla when it unveiled the “Cybertruck”. I seriously wanted to throw my remote at the TV because I was that disappointed.

And it’s going to fail like it did in its own sponsored “Baja Bronco R” in its own race. What an upset.
Sponsored