Sponsored

The Insanity is Over, How Much Longer Until Discounts Are Offered?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I test drove my first '23 Bronco today, a 4 door wildtrak. My jaw about dropped when the sticker had a $25,000 dealer markup on it. When I remarked to the salesman about it he said "we used to sell 'em that way all day long", and then he promptly mentioned that he could "talk to his manager" to remove it completely.

They had 3 wildtraks on the lot, all of which were canceled orders. I wonder how much longer with 7%-10% auto loan rates until we will see $5k discounts on such high MSRPs?
IMO; Dealers around here have big markups on all Broncos in-stock. Deal with them...maybe they will drop it. Until all the backorders are caught up, until dealers have readily available stock on hand...I doubt we see the markups go away anytime soon. May depend on the economy too. I have seen dealers carry the same stock on hand, not selling and they still won't budge on price.
Sponsored

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With current interest rates, rising stock levels of cars on lots and new orders coming in daily..... Dealers still charging ADM are going to learn the hard way the law of supply and demand.....

Plenty of dealers out there not charging ADM....look for them.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or....now stay with me here....maybe she wasn't being completely truthful? Even people that are fine paying ADM are not likely to admit it and will brag about the deal they got.

Checking the Roseville Ford site, the least expensive Bronco is a 2-door BD listed @ $58k...$10k ADM from the $48k MSRP.

I call shenanigans on her price... šŸ˜

1692286719355.png
Agreed, itā€™s like guys whoā€™ve been to prison. If you let what you hear out on the street tell it, no one has even ever been arrested, let alone gone to prison. butā€¦ā€¦

Not many guys here admit to paying ADM, but I know that many of you did and particularly those not on a forum.

Donā€™t have to lie to me, the shaming should be in your bank account.

If no one paid ADM it would go away, end of story, yet it remains.

Competition brings down prices, nothing else does. Thatā€™s the cornerstone of capitalism. Hell, didnā€™t you all play Monopoly growing up? What did you think the game was about? Tip; it wasnā€™t a game, it was business school 101.

Monopolies and scarcity drive up prices. When thereā€™s no or low demand, prices must come down or you go out of business. Warehousing is extremely costly.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is this myth that Ford was ever quality?
Just 30 years of ad marketing "Built Ford tough" down the drain in a few short years of radical leadership and virtue signaling. Sad.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just 30 years of ad marketing "Built Ford tough" down the drain in a few short years of radical leadership and virtue signaling. Sad.
Sure the ads said it but it was never really true. I've owned new fords on and off since the 90s and they have always sucked. Besides F150s.

Sponsored

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, if guys would stop paying ADM, it would go away.

The fact that many paid it in the first place is idiotic. Say the same for the upcoming Land Cruiser.

And Americans wonder why they donā€™t have enough money in retirement. Well, stop making stupid money decisions and youā€™d likely be fine.

Paying Braptor money for a WildTrak is just a shame. The fact that so many have such money to burn is why inflation is so high anyway.

Hereā€™s a tip, inflation isnā€™t coming down anytime soon either, because people just keep tolerating paying inflated prices, which by the way, caused all of the inflation to begin with, so stop complaining about the interest rates if you were part of the problem that created the conditions that led to high interest ratesā€¦.. :rolleyes:
Ya, let's not even discuss the current political landscape...šŸ˜Ŗ

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol, I'm sorry. You have me confused with someone who cares about your opinion.

Did ford not market built ford tough for 30 years? Did ford not fire all their ice engineers to clutch at federal money for ev and a better esg score?

These things are facts that happened, not opinions. People like you thread slipping to stop the dialogue around the reality around these issues is exacrly why these problems can't be reasonably and civil discussed and why nothing will be done to improve them. I pity people like you.

Sponsored

Zero Options

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Or....now stay with me here....maybe she wasn't being completely truthful? Even people that are fine paying ADM are not likely to admit it and will brag about the deal they got.
Iā€™ll admit it; I paid 2k over for a base manual. Call me an idiot and the cause of all this inflation if you want. Life is short and I was a little hung over. I donā€™t regret it one bit. šŸ˜ƒ

Sgroll

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra 6spd, 2018 GTI, 1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Iā€™ll admit it; I paid 2k over for a base manual. Call me an idiot and the cause of all this inflation if you want. Life is short and I was a little hung over. I donā€™t regret it one bit. šŸ˜ƒ
$2k is "reasonable" in the current Bronco climate. You haven't even come close to Idiot Level... šŸ˜Š Now, if you had paid $10k over....no comment.

Other brands are just as bad though. I took a look at a Civic Si recently that had an MSRP of $29.5k and it was marked up to $42k including a bunch of worthless accessories.

I can't wait for Karma to rear it's ugly head on these types of dealers. Not all dealers, just these types of predatory dealers.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
But, MSRP isn't coming down. You just may get under MSRP deals again. All of this is more than a year away, so again, patience.
Most I have ever had a dealership knock off MSRP is $1500 bucks. I've gotten 8-9K total off, but that was usually $7k in Ford incentives plus $1500 from the dealership.

Ford will slow production and idle the factory before they will build up enough inventory to give out those types of end of year incentives again. Possible exception of the F-150, since the marketing power of "Best selling vehicle in the country 30+ year running" is so important to them.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
How are you saving on sales tax??
When he registers he will have to pay AZ sales tax. (5.6%) But he won't have to pay either city or county sales tax. City of Snotsdale (er sorry Scottsdale) is 1.75%, and Maricopa county is 0.7.

City taxes varry enough that folks will drive a couple hours across town to buy a car to save several hundred bucks.

One of the country dealerships even advertises "no city sales tax" and shows how much you save on their website compared to the city dealerships.

I bought from Earnhardt in Chandler (7.8%). Buying from Granger would have saved me just enough to cover shipping, so I took the chance with the locals.

Last edited:

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, if guys would stop paying ADM, it would go away.

The fact that many paid it in the first place is idiotic. Say the same for the upcoming Land Cruiser.

And Americans wonder why they donā€™t have enough money in retirement. Well, stop making stupid money decisions and youā€™d likely be fine.

Paying Braptor money for a WildTrak is just a shame. The fact that so many have such money to burn is why inflation is so high anyway.

Hereā€™s a tip, inflation isnā€™t coming down anytime soon either, because people just keep tolerating paying inflated prices, which by the way, caused all of the inflation to begin with, so stop complaining about the interest rates if you were part of the problem that created the conditions that led to high interest ratesā€¦.. :rolleyes:
I couldn't have said it better myself!
Sponsored