Sponsored

These kind of reviews just don't make sense to me.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the writer had to adopt a somewhat extreme point of view and stick with it. The Bronco is not for casual SUV fans.

OK, show of hands, who is a "casual SUV fan"?
All the folks who are constantly on this site complaining about things that don’t measure up to an Expedition, Denali, or whatever high end SUV they have been driving. I understand what the writer meant by the statement, “casual SUV drivers.“

nbdybeatsthewiz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please tell me someone else has noticed that the car in the headline photo is NOT a Wildtrak, the grille is wrong. Are we even sure the "review" is of a Wildtrak?

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just out of curiosity, who do you (or anyone else who reads this post) trust? Got nothing better to do while waiting for my Bronco, so might as well see who is out there.

Personally I trust guys over at savagegeese, and I also watch most of the TFL (The Fast Lane) reviews. Savagegeese are usually spot-on with their reviews in my opinion. The TFL guys... eh... sometimes not as spot-on, but there is enough bickering between them that usually I still get a good idea about what I would like or dislike about a vehicle.
That's a good question. I've watched TFL a few times, never heard of Savagegeese until I joined B6G. I'm old school, so my go to for years, long before the interwebs existed were Car & Driver and MotorTrend. I still read them and generally trust them more than YouTubers! But honestly, over the years I have learned to seek out real people that have the vehicle I'm interested in and just ask them! Research the mags for specs and performance data and then go drive it and form my own opinion. I have even rented the car I am interested in when available.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the folks who are constantly on this site complaining about things that don’t measure up to an Expedition, Denali, or whatever high end SUV they have been driving. I understand what the writer meant by the statement, “casual SUV drivers.“
Good point.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a good question. I've watched TFL a few times, never heard of Savagegeese until I joined B6G. I'm old school, so my go to for years, long before the interwebs existed were Car & Driver and MotorTrend. I still read them and generally trust them more than YouTubers! But honestly, over the years I have learned to seek out real people that have the vehicle I'm interested in and just ask them! Research the mags for specs and performance data and then go drive it and form my own opinion. I have even rented the car I am interested in when available.
Do not fault you for sticking with the old school reviewers. YouTube is filled with garbage and it can become hard to find decent reviews. My favorite "old school" reviewer is MotorWeek.

I do also try to find people that own vehicles I'm interested in, but easier said than done for me. Most of the people within my trusted circle tend to own vehicles for 15-20 years (myself included), so it is a rare event when one of us buys a new vehicle.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do not fault you for sticking with the old school reviewers. YouTube is filled with garbage and it can become hard to find decent reviews. My favorite "old school" reviewer is MotorWeek.

I do also try to find people that own vehicles I'm interested in, but easier said than done for me. Most of the people within my trusted circle tend to own vehicles for 15-20 years (myself included), so it is a rare event when one of us buys a new vehicle.
I like Motorweek too! Before the DVR I was watching it any Saturday morning I could!

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please tell me someone else has noticed that the car in the headline photo is NOT a Wildtrak, the grille is wrong. Are we even sure the "review" is of a Wildtrak?
I came here to write this as well! Looks like a Squatched OB to me.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People with unrealistic expectations who don't understand what a purpose built vehicle is.
Edit: Case in point: Every single person that has looked, touched, ridden in my bronco talks about how nice the MGV seats are. They say something like this....Wow! What kind of material is that? That's nice! They think it's some kind of leather!

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Wildtrak" is Ford-speak for dune-bashing speed and abuse-absorbing suspension tuning.
What? "Wildtrak" has been Ford-speak for "cosmetic package" for almost a decade. Any auto writer should know that.

Sponsored

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the writer had to adopt a somewhat extreme point of view and stick with it. The Bronco is not for casual SUV fans.

OK, show of hands, who is a "casual SUV fan"?
I’m a pretty casual SUV fan, and it’s definitely for me.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"The Wrangler wears its primitive past like a badge of honor, and Jeep’s decision to draw a through-line with its flagship’s unfettered formula is a form of whimsy simply not available with the Bronco, which comes across as digitally rendered facsimile of the Wrangler’s anachronisms."

WTF is that word vomit?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Casual SUV fan? I'm not a fan of SUV's at all, I think they're needless and dumb.

Didn't stop me buying and enjoying my Bronco so far, lol.

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The people on this forum who benefit the most from a positive review are those who may sell such a vehicle in the near future, as it may increase demand and thus sale prices for them.

The people on this forum who benefit the most from a negative review are those who may buy such a vehicle in the near future, as it may reduce demand and thus purchase prices for them.

Given this, I am really not bothered by what this person wrote. He can enjoy character; I'll enjoy my Bronco's open-air capabilities, on-road handling, off-road prowess... and side-view mirrors.
Sponsored