MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dimensions of the wheel/ tire package on the standard BL provides greater wheel travel inside the wheel well for off road use. I kicked around going Sasquatch, but 35 tires looked good to me, even though the Sasquatch 37 tires look sharp. Bottom line, I wanted options I would regularly use. BL non Sasquatch won. BTW, if I had went with any model below the BL , the Sasquatch option would have been mandatory.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I'm in the minority on this too. I couldn't justify the SAS option for my 2 Door 7MT Badlands. My Badlands order in 2021 didn't have SAS because it wasn't an option. When I rolled over to a 2022 order I was thinking "time step up to the BadManSquatch" but then Ford added the ManSquatch penalty.

As a matter of principle, why should I pay Ford an extra $1,595 for nothing?
To quote Dana Carvey "Not gonna do it."

If you're already getting the automatic transmission then SAS for the Badlands is a no brainer just to get the 4.7 gears.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just drove up next to a sas'd badlands with my normal one. The difference is barely there. If anything the tires on the sas are simply wider than they give you any ride height advantage. If you want bigger tires and are getting a badlands save the money and skip the sas imo. 4000 dollar waste of money on the badlands trim.

Not bashing anybody who has this , simply saying the regular badlands tires are massive and people cant really see it in pictures and ford sales material. In fact in that sales material the tires look much much smaller than they appear in real life.
OP Crowder...

Ford Bronco sas doesnt make sense if you have a badlands Crowder - Change My Mind

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just drove up next to a sas'd badlands with my normal one. The difference is barely there. If anything the tires on the sas are simply wider than they give you any ride height advantage. If you want bigger tires and are getting a badlands save the money and skip the sas imo. 4000 dollar waste of money on the badlands trim.

Not bashing anybody who has this , simply saying the regular badlands tires are massive and people cant really see it in pictures and ford sales material. In fact in that sales material the tires look much much smaller than they appear in real life.
from what i understand (and this weighed on my purchase heavily going with a sasquatch) the gearing is going to be the biggest issue since it is a closed system (at least this is also what i read). i have also hear that if i wanted to go from 35s to 37s on a sasquatch package the gearing would be more accepting of the 37s and less strain on the gearing. i also recently read to upgrade the gearing on the bronco is a major pain in the &ss and would require heavy modifications with a high price tag just to make it comparable to a sas package. so to save money, i opted for a Base with sasquatch, which after a ton of research realized was the best value in all of the Bronco lineup. i know mine is just an opinion, but much of it is backed up by data, the rest is opinion on what creature comforts i deem necessary.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does with a manual
the manual does
You can not compare the FD gearing of a manual with an auto. Manuals are far less forgiving with gearing than an auto ever will be. The manual will almost always be geared lower to achieve comparable results. They are never apples to apples comparisons :cool:

NAP51DMustang

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nun-ya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can not compare the FD gearing of a manual with an auto. Manuals are far less forgiving with gearing than an auto ever will be. The manual will almost always be geared lower to achieve comparable results. They are never apples to apples comparisons :cool:
That has nothing to do with what was being discussed

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

from what i understand (and this weighed on my purchase heavily going with a saquatch) the gearing is going to be the biggest issue since it is a closed system (at least this is also what i read). i have also hear that if i wanted to go from 35s to 37s on a sasquatch package the gearing would be more accepting of the 37s and less strain on the gearing. i also recently read to upgrade the gearing on the bronco is a major pain in the &ss and would require heavy modifications with a high price tag just to make it comparable to a sas package. so to save money, i opted for a Base with sasquatch, which after a ton of research realized was the best value in all of the Bronco lineup. i know mine is just an opinion, but much of it is backed up by data, the rest is opinion on what creature comforts i deem necessary.
Well, you are not wrong.
I definitely struggled between the BL and a base w/ Squatch.
The Base W/Squatch is the true value.
At the end of the day was it worth the extra several grand to go full BL Squatch with the high pkg?
That will always be a "beauty in the eye of the beholder" question everyone on both sides can argue until the end of time.
Features and amenities available is what did it for me. But part of me still looks back and ponders if I'd been better served going your route and modifying to suit as time passed. I have a soft spot for that raw off-road ready Base at the price point it sat at.
IF I order a 2nd one, I am about 99.9% wanting a 2dr BaseSquatch 2.3 Manual.

EDIT: I should clarify the "washout" ready interior swayed me heavily as well. IF and when BedTred comes out with a flooring option for these, a BaseSquatch with neoprene seat covers and BedTred covering is a very good position to be in for a rugged value off-roader.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's a lot easier than a no followed by an explanation of how the Badlands is basically the same thing.
Easier, maybe, but not nearly as fun! You'd be surprised. Engineers *love* having those types of discussions!!!

Sponsored

Bronco Time

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree with the sentiment:
4 Door 2.7 Badlands
SAS $2500 option

Equals a no-brainer if you even have the slightest thought of going for 35’s. I’ve priced re-gears alone on previous rigs. Not cheap! Factory option, factory warranty. My two cents. Thanks for all the input above!

NAP51DMustang

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nun-ya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry copper but it looks like it was. Where do you think the quotes came from :sneaky:
I'm one of the quotes. What was being discussed was how you can't get 4.7 gears on the badlands without sas and the fact is you can if you go manual tranny. That's all that was being discussed. Then you smuggly come in talking about something no one was discussing

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, you are not wrong.
I definitely struggled between the BL and a base w/ Squatch.
The Base W/Squatch is the true value.
At the end of the day was it worth the extra several grand to go full BL Squatch with the high pkg?
That will always be a "beauty in the eye of the beholder" question everyone on both sides can argue until the end of time.
Features and amenities available is what did it for me. But part of me still looks back and ponders if I'd been better served going your route and modifying to suit as time passed. I have a soft spot for that raw off-road ready Base at the price point it sat at.
IF I order a 2nd one, I am about 99.9% wanting a 2dr BaseSquatch 2.3 Manual.
i honestly had a 2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and it had all the bells and whistles. the base sasquatch was like a lateral transfer in terms of the addons i had and what comes standard on the base in 2021. i personally could not be happier with my choice, it allowed me to save about $13k on my build and spend $4k in the aftermarket to put on the the RTR wheels and 37s. and i dont feel like i am missing a thing. i dont want vinyl or leather seats for a convertible. i'm a guy, i dont need heated seats. i also know how to drive so i dont need 37 cameras to tell me my drive line. all that stuff is great, but just not for me. i love tech as much as the next guy but some stuff i just dont see necessary.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i honestly had a 2018 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and it had all the bells and whistles. the base sasquatch was like a lateral transfer in terms of the addons i had and what comes standard on the base in 2021. i personally could not be happier with my choice, it allowed me to save about $13k on my build and spend $4k in the aftermarket to put on the the RTR wheels and 37s. and i dont feel like i am missing a thing. i dont want vinyl or leather seats for a convertible. i'm a guy, i dont need heated seats. i also know how to drive so i dont need 37 cameras to tell me my drive line. all that stuff is great, but just not for me. i love tech as much as the next guy but some stuff i just dont see necessary.
Hey I get it. And agree, as a guy who has all that on his.
I like simple.
But I also like easy.
And both are not always the same.
After always having rugged offroaders that were loud, unrefined, rattle-laden, leaky, having to crawl under it in the muck to disco or engage SB, and "lunchbox" locker-ed, it was nice to sit in the seat and push a button for all that and also cruise down the highway at something above 60 without it sounding like it was going to grenade or wander off the road any given moment.
I've had, as a short list (all with lifts and tires from 33's up to 42's):
78 Power Wagon
78 F150
81 CJ5
90 YJ
01 TJ
89 Bronco II
89 Ram
03 F150
04 Expedition.

All were rattle traps, budget builds. Stuff I didn't mind throwing in a 3 ft deep mudbog or on a mountain somewhere. With the exception of the Expedition. It was nicer but off-road prowess was quite lacking.
I was ready for something nicer. Something out of the gate from the factory that had nice stuff and nice features that I completely lacked, dealt with, or adapted to make work before.
But man, that raw, non-electronic feature, bare-bones 4WD DNA does die hard in my soul too.

I like it now. Love it. As long as all of that nice tech doesn't start taking a dive on me. When it does I'll wish I had a manual swaybar or pneumatic locker again.

I guess for me it was "Now I am older and can spring for the comforts this thing brings". Best way to justify it in my case, whether it holds any water or not to everyone else...
Again, you 100% are not wrong! Maybe more rational and better self-control than me, but not wrong. :ROFLMAO:

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I'm in the minority on this too. I couldn't justify the SAS option for my 2 Door 7MT Badlands. My Badlands order in 2021 didn't have SAS because it wasn't an option. When I rolled over to a 2022 order I was thinking "time step up to the BadManSquatch" but then Ford added the ManSquatch penalty.

As a matter of principle, why should I pay Ford an extra $1,595 for nothing?
To quote Dana Carvey "Not gonna do it."

If you're already getting the automatic transmission then SAS for the Badlands is a no brainer just to get the 4.7 gears.
For me, I wanted the 7MT and I also couldn't order it with Squatch in '21. On top of that, I knew I would want my own choice of aftermarket wheels eventually, and let's not even talk about the shit GY 35" tires that I would not have been happy with. So I only say I saved money up front, but I'll be putting money right back in for the wheels and tires I actually want, and those Eibach adjustable coil overs are lookin' pretty sweet, too, and even open up the possibility for 37s. If I had placed an order for '22 and got the 7MT with Squatch, I'd have spent extra money and been left trying to sell wheels, tires and non-adjustable shocks that I don't ultimately want. #selfsquatch
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.