Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll take the doors off but not super-frequently, especially all four at once. But the rubber floors and MGV seats in the BD make it more doable, since I know if I am caught in rain while out I can put the soft top up and not worry about the interior.

I have no clue why anybody needs or wants a 12-inch screen for the driver since you can’t watch a movie while driving.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On the Doors - absolutely they will be taken off whenever I can. I have had three wranglers over the years and driving with the top and doors off is one of those simple pleasures in life that never gets old. And I am hoping the Bronco doors are easier to manage than the Wrangler doors because of the half door design.

On the screen - I’m indifferent. As my wife says - it’s not the size of the screen that matters it’s what you do with it!!
Oh, but size matters, I assure you! lol. I can get by with the smaller screen, tho'......lol

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, I know that many people are fond of these features and I do understand why.

BUT...

for me personally:

1. I really probably will never take the doors off. I feel that with the top removed, it gives enough of an open air feeling. I will keep the doors on for the arm rest factor, safety, and additional dust control. Just really don't see a reason for removing them.

2. I know the 12" screen is nice by those who have seen it, but I have no interest in a larger screen. Right now, I have enough screens and digital crap in my life that I am not looking to complicate it any further. I'm tired of all the digital life, cameras everywhere, etc. Just looking to keep things simple! Crank up the tunes and roll on down the road!

Anyone else in this boat?
Your number one item is like 4 wheel drive. You don't want or need it, until you want or need it. :cool:

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

BUT...

for me personally:

1. I really probably will never take the doors off. I feel that with the top removed, it gives enough of an open air feeling. I will keep the doors on for the arm rest factor, safety, and additional dust control. Just really don't see a reason for removing them.

2. I know the 12" screen is nice by those who have seen it, but I have no interest in a larger screen. Right now, I have enough screens and digital crap in my life that I am not looking to complicate it any further. I'm tired of all the digital life, cameras everywhere, etc. Just looking to keep things simple! Crank up the tunes and roll on down the road!

The bigger screen comes with the front camera, which looks amazing and will be one of those things I wonder how I lived without. While the doors off mode will be a novelty and not everyday, there will definitely be a fair share of cruising rides sans doors.

jdvz411

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I might take the doors off from time to time but the fact they don't have a frame on the top half will probably increase the open air experience even with the windows down.

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The comment by the single person about needing help removing the hard top gives me another reason I’m glad I switched to the soft top. I’m not single, but it would be a cold day in hell before my wife could be bothered to help for two minutes take a top off the Bronco that she’s already sick of hearing about. Or to put it back on quickly if it rains.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The comment by the single person about needing help removing the hard top gives me another reason I’m glad I switched to the soft top. I’m not single, but it would be a cold day in hell before my wife could be bothered to help for two minutes take a top off the Bronco that she’s already sick of hearing about. Or to put it back on quickly if it rains.
Doesn't the hard top come off in sections? Shouldn't be a problem for one person

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing I think is overrated (only because I will never use it) is the beadlock wheels.

I like the 12" screen and look forward to seeing it with trail cam mode. While I may not take the doors off often, it will be a nice option for an even more open air experience when I want to.

Sponsored

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am not a screen guy and if I had my Bronco my way it would not have a screen in it at all!

EliasJr

First Edition
First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ford f350 SD, 15 Jeep JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like having the doors off when I can because it feels like I'm riding a bigger and more comfortable side by side. I'm not too worried about the interior getting dirty without doors since it gets dirty anyway, working and living on a farm doesn't allow me the luxury of a clean truck! On the other hand I live in Florida so my doors and top off experience will be limited with all the rainstorms which i have been caught in with a topless jeep more than once!
Maybe because I'm pretty young but the bigger screen for me is better, wish it had a screen the size of one in a Tesla😅

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doors off has a few applications....from just because you can in the summer to you/your passenger leaning out and peaking at your wheel placement on an obstacle

At some point the mood may strike you and you'll be able to do it even if you don't foresee using it now

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BUT...

for me personally:

100%

SillySpider

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon / 2017 JK Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I grew up with a CJ-5 and drove it in highschool. I loved it. I have had to have a vehicle I could take the top and doors off since. It's weird because I have driven without doors on a lot, and lately posts have me thinking it's illegal or something. Never been pulled over for it. The screen remains to be seen. My wife really wanted it -I think I'll learn to appreciate it. The front "sta-bar" disconnect is a nicer feature than lots of people give it credit for. Besides helping balance your rig on off camber situations, it is really nice to use when going over washboard roads, or exceedingly bumpy terrain, like rocky banks. If you have it, go off road and try it, you will use it and be glad you got it.
Sponsored