Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm one of those who will absolutely wait for the MOD top because for me, it's non-negotiable. That being said, is MY 23 going to be manufactured late next year or am I looking at calendar year 2023 or beyond?
I am like you in my thinking BUT I have to choose between enjoying my Bronco or being buried in it. Time waits on no man!

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The vehicle is not ready as that includes the tops and mass production capability. The roll out was poorly planned and I certainly wouldn't consider what they've 'accomplished' as "impressive".

I get the supply issues are out of their hands and Covid was/is a major factor but Ford needs to step their game up and communicate with reservation holders more. Ford should have included the hard top kit months ago when they knew there would even be a hint of trouble with the MIC top. Ford should have also had an alternative top for the 2DR (especially with all the early marketing materials showing off the fastback), instead of forcing people into the MIC top furthering the constraints. They should be balls to the wall looking for multiple alternative suppliers as a fail safe just for situations like this. Who signs off on a multi million dollar contract without vetting the supplier first? Even with a contract you still have and plan to pivot for any large scale projects.

I feel for everyone who waited for the mod top. I'd be beyond pissed if I ordered a vehicle in 2020 and was notified a full year later that I wouldn't get it until the beginning of 2023 when it was advertised to come out spring of 2021. We aren't ordering damn Ferrari's. These are supposed to be mass produced vehicles. Look at the launch of the Mach-e, Bronco Sport, and Maverik. All went or are going relatively smooth. I get they are made in different plants but still the point stands.

This is bad news for Ford especially when FCA and Toyota seems to have zero issue pumping out vehicles. Not to mention Nissan is about to officially show the new Frontier, which should be available this year. 2022 Tundra is looking like a possible option now...

Note I do not nor have I ever worked in the automotive industry but I have worked in logistics and shipping as a manufacturer. Shit happens yes, but you need to have a plan in place if things don't hash out as planned. If you don't have a plan you better be ready to bend over backwards to keep your reputation.

Time to sell that F stock I think before this hits the mass media.
I would be impressed if they delivered actual vehicles as opposed to late Friday, weekend "I'm so sorry" emails. Ford's knocking the "bummer" email deal outta the park! Kudos! Jim Farley should never be allowed to wear a puffy "Bronco" vest in a promo video ever again. Just deliver my Bronco with no top and I'll have a custom soft top made with my money. Seriously! #sosad

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bring on the 2dr production!!!!
I wouldn't hold breath on any truth in that; it's not what Ford said, only speculation.

As a 2 door order, I would love for my Bronco to get some priority, but not sure it's fair. I'm ok to wait on a 2022, but with no white top option now, sure, I'll take my Bronco now.

Who knows? I am lowering my expectations to none. However, not sure how much more disappointed I could become other than this now.

Starting to understand and remind myself why I've never purchased a domestic vehicle. No one is perfect, but damn, its just a roof!

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
the mod top is going to be amazing and worth the wait

remember model year 23 is september next year
That's if the goal posts don't get moved again.........

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the delay of mod tops will especially hurt OBX and WT orders. Glossy bits need a glossy matching roof.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Output at Webasto is normalizing but not at a rate that will keep up with current demand.

There are, um, other things in the works now to remedy the problem.

They're slower, uglier processes, but the supplier hasn't really left them a choice.
This is the news I want to see officially released.
Ford should be using every penalty and claw back clause in the Webasto contract.
They should bring the top production in house or to another vendor or two.

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess us here in Canada are unaffected as we did not receive any notice. LOL
I have a reservation for a 2door badlands with Mod top. Also manual..
really hope they still honour the MSRP and the email applies to us north of the border. - that or it would be handy as you mention (doesn’t affect us up here) - but very unlikely

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Output at Webasto is normalizing but not at a rate that will keep up with current demand.

They're slower, uglier processes, but the supplier hasn't really left them a choice.
Very interesting news Ross (or should I say Stig :) ). I've thought all along Ford was probably much more pissed about this hard top debacle than me. For me if they can't build hard top Broncos it just meant mine would come at a later date. But for Ford, It means lost profits. And we all know that the Board of Directors, and share holders aren't going to put up with that for very long. Thanks again for the great, and useful tips my friend.

Sponsored

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the delay of mod tops will especially hurt OBX and WT orders. Glossy bits need a glossy matching roof.
That’s precisely why I’m going to have to wait for the MOD top. My build is a Cactus Gray OBX and the black painted roof would match the grille and wheels perfectly. Body colored roof might work as well.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I always expected the Mod top to be LATE 22, making it 23 implies that Ford is switching suppliers or bringing it in house.

The "gunner's hatch" is cool, but otherwise the MIC top is heavy enough as it is, and the MOD top is a lot heavier. I'm guessing the majority of the Mod top buyers will never actually take it off.

Capital tooling to make things like this is outragously expensive, and generally has a year long lead time for building. Which is why I think they are probably bringing it in house.

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Well I I'm happy that I switched to the soft top. Who knows when I would actually get my Bronco! With the hard top kit I am content waiting for a hard top that will be hopefully free of issues. Besides, I was considering having both tops anyway.

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if we will see an aftermarket prototype at Sema this year? I would be willing to order the soft top if I know we have an aftermarket option before 23. Personally I am a little nervous about ordering the soft top because I live in Vegas and the summer are Hot….
Sponsored