Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This vehicle isn't ready
The vehicle is ready. Ramping up new suppliers and new supplier factories in the middle of a global pandemic, a complete supply chain interruption, and an international shipping crisis is hindering production.

Looking at all they've had to accomplish to build the first several thousand, it's impressive.
Sponsored

Jeep4bronco86

Badlands
First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, let’s all cancel!!!

(Except I’m staying, you all go and clear the line).
This is such a stupid thing to say. Joke is getting old Regardless whether I cancel, you ain't getting your Bronco anytime soon, bud.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is such a stupid thing to say. Joke is getting old Regardless whether I cancel, you ain't getting your Bronco anytime soon, bud.
Go re-read your post, particularly the first sentence….and then decide who is stupid.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm one of those who will absolutely wait for the MOD top because for me, it's non-negotiable. That being said, is MY 23 going to be manufactured late next year or am I looking at calendar year 2023 or beyond?
Switchover usually happens a few months before the new calendar year. Obviously as we know it's happening just before CY22 for '21>'22 switchover, but I wouldn't be surprised if it moves forward to a more normal switchover time for '22-23.

Sponsored

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Meh, I ordered my wife a loaded Aviator with a production date of 16 August. Pushing me to 23 is a risk as other manufactures will begin answering Ford on the Bronco and may come to full market sooner.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, it’s really such a gd bummer. :/

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I'm not sure why we need another thread on this, as if thoughts aren't being given in the thread with the initial news, but I'll duplicate post what I posted in the other thread.....

After some thought, looks like I'd now be waiting until late '22 calendar year for a '23 model year at the earliest as a Wildtrak MOD top res holder, and that waiting gets me no compensation of any kind aside from MSRP price protection and twiddling my thumbs longer?

-Extra FordPass points don't apply unless I switch to MIC (soft top isn't an option for Wildtrak per previous emails, and it wasn't spelled out it now is with this new update).
-No free sound deadening headliner (that had been thrown in on MIC tops as compensation)
-No option for Wildtrak to "downgrade" to a soft top + prep kit
-No parts department price guarantee for a mod top purchased later......and no true timeline of when it'd even be available through the parts dept, as they're not going to divert them from production just for some people that want them and compromised their factory order for it.

Basically I just wait another year longer for what I want with no "we're sorry" compensation because of the combo I ordered that checked all the boxes?

I mean, I guess I can hold out hope that A/C seats or hybrid appear by then? I doubt there'll be many changes, though until the MCE which I'd think would be '24 at earliest at this point, but wouldn't be surprised if it was '25.

Unlike some here, I'm lucky in that I don't NEED a new vehicle soon, but was eagerly awaiting it, and was definitely looking forward to the "new car on the block" thing that would've been with the new Bronco. Ultimately, unless I switch trims (I guess OBX+Sas+options would be my other option), I don't really have a choice but to wait, as I don't want the MIC (it doesn't go with WT's black accents), and ideally wouldn't want a soft top......I'm not necessarily opposed to dual top option, but it'd be years before you'll get a hardtop through parts anyway.

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm confused so please, someone answer this. I don't care if I have removable panels etc. I just want a Bronco for now and down the line, switch to a Heritage model.

Am I high? Can I get a grey top or whatever and maybe receive b4 xmas in a 2 door model with Sasquatch. So confused.

I don't even care about color. My Bronco purchase is a 2 phase deal. Obtain phase one. Play with it and then, trade or sell and purchase second when things flush out.

Thanks for your kind reply.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Output at Webasto is normalizing but not at a rate that will keep up with current demand.

There are, um, other things in the works now to remedy the problem.

They're slower, uglier processes, but the supplier hasn't really left them a choice.
Is there any other commodities to pay attention to? I’m a BL, 2 dr, lux with tow and without squatch.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whichever Ford employees researched, proposed, and signed the Webasto contract should be looking for another job imo lol. They failed.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The vehicle is ready. Ramping up new suppliers and new supplier factories in the middle of a global pandemic, a complete supply chain interruption, and an international shipping crisis is hindering production.

Looking at all they've had to accomplish to build the first several thousand, it's impressive.
The vehicle is not ready as that includes the tops and mass production capability. The roll out was poorly planned and I certainly wouldn't consider what they've 'accomplished' as "impressive".

I get the supply issues are out of their hands and Covid was/is a major factor but Ford needs to step their game up and communicate with reservation holders more. Ford should have included the hard top kit months ago when they knew there would even be a hint of trouble with the MIC top. Ford should have also had an alternative top for the 2DR (especially with all the early marketing materials showing off the fastback), instead of forcing people into the MIC top furthering the constraints. They should be balls to the wall looking for multiple alternative suppliers as a fail safe just for situations like this. Who signs off on a multi million dollar contract without vetting the supplier first? Even with a contract you still have and plan to pivot for any large scale projects.

I feel for everyone who waited for the mod top. I'd be beyond pissed if I ordered a vehicle in 2020 and was notified a full year later that I wouldn't get it until the beginning of 2023 when it was advertised to come out spring of 2021. We aren't ordering damn Ferrari's. These are supposed to be mass produced vehicles. Look at the launch of the Mach-e, Bronco Sport, and Maverik. All went or are going relatively smooth. I get they are made in different plants but still the point stands.

This is bad news for Ford especially when FCA and Toyota seems to have zero issue pumping out vehicles. Not to mention Nissan is about to officially show the new Frontier, which should be available this year. 2022 Tundra is looking like a possible option now...

Note I do not nor have I ever worked in the automotive industry but I have worked in logistics and shipping as a manufacturer. Shit happens yes, but you need to have a plan in place if things don't hash out as planned. If you don't have a plan you better be ready to bend over backwards to keep your reputation.

Time to sell that F stock I think before this hits the mass media.

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of my thoughts

1. On a somewhat positive note, we're extremely lucky to be getting a vehicle with a removable top. I think if Ford were given a do over, they'd axe the removable top and doors in a heartbeat and the Bronco would just be another SUV.

2. I still think it's entirely possible we'll never see a factory modular hard top. The Bronco II was advertised early on with removable windows, and it never happened. Leaks, safely removing, storing, etc. I'm just not convinced.

3. Buying a hard top after the fact is going to be some serious sticker shock. I suspect it will be cheaper just to trade in on a newer model in 2023/2024.

4. Seems there doesn't need to be any concern about hard top compatibility between model years through 2023. So picking up used hard tops will be an option way down the road. Used to be you couldn't give away Early Bronco hard tops.

5. This sucks
Sponsored