Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got a question... How much should a hitch cost? I only ask because I’m a fabricator, and I’ve built several of em for folks. Yes, I understand the difference between mass production and custom builds... I’ve done it all. But it feels like when people say something costs too much, they’re really trying to dictate what another person should make. Just a thought
Our hitches should be $100 or less. It doesn't even span the frame rails like most hitches do, it's barely more than a small bracket that bolts to an existing crossmember.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our hitches should be $100 or less. It doesn't even span the frame rails like most hitches do, it's barely more than a small bracket that bolts to an existing crossmember.
So, you’re willing to build mine, and the harness and install it for me... for $100?

I’ll go ahead and cancel mine... and keep in touch 🙂

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's much more than a mere hitch.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's a hitch, 4 and 7 pin connectors, and wiring for the 7 pin that runs to somewhere inside the driver's side footwell for a brake controller.

If you don't need the brake controller, the aftermarket will have a hitch and wiring for $125-150. (which is what one costs for the Wrangler).

For $600, I feel they really should have at least thrown in a break controller in a standard location.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's a hitch, 4 and 7 pin connectors, and wiring for the 7 pin that runs to somewhere inside the driver's side footwell for a brake controller.

If you don't need the brake controller, the aftermarket will have a hitch and wiring for $125-150. (which is what one costs for the Wrangler).

For $600, I feel they really should have at least thrown in a break controller in a standard location.
Then good luck with that.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, you’re willing to build mine, and the harness and install it for me... for $100?

I’ll go ahead and cancel mine... and keep in touch 🙂
He asked what a hitch should cost, not wiring. There's like $10 worth of metal in the hitch. Lots of vehicles have more substantial hitches available in the $100-200 range.

Last edited:

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
$600 still seems pretty steep to me for a hitch and harness. Similar ones for that "other" vehicle in the class run under $200 and bolt/wire up pretty easy. Trans cooler is std for the 10A.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me it’ll be the simplicity for plug n play brake controller in the harness without running & splicing wiring. I have zero issues doing wiring in vehicles and pretty competent but prefer not to in the brand new bronco if I don't have to. My time is worth more than the couple hundred I may save after all said and done.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Wiring Harness (and the Hitch) (we the collective believe) is the only different between a Bronco with & without the Tow Package, as the Wiring Harness w/Tow Package will have all of the extra wiring and connectors for a Plug & Play Brake Controller and the 4 & 7 pin Trailer Connections.

It's not believed (by the collective) that there's any other components (Radiator/Trans Oil Cooler/Alternator/Brakes/etc....) that are different between a Bronco with or without the Tow Package.

So.... with that said......

Yes, you can add a aftermarket hitch for less, but (we the collective believe) the ability to "splice in" into the Non-Tow Package Harness is still a mystery, as it has been reported that the Tail Lights are controlled is some sort of "new way of doing it", which means the old method of "just splicing in" will not work.

Time will tell.

In short 2021 Buyers are going to be Gunny Pigs.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Go to the Towing sub-forum. There is a long thread on the contents including items recently discovered.
Just read through this thread where others tried to summarize the contents and of course, there are varying replies. Yet, still no mention of the recently revealed changes to suspension that our man Legend mentioned. It seems that many are too quick to put stock in the B&P summary despite evidence since day 1 that B&P is Beta and rife with errors. No one wants to believe our man on the inside who has been crawling on the Broncos since day 1 inside MAP.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just read through this thread where others tried to summarize the contents and of course, there are varying replies. Yet, still no mention of the recently revealed changes to suspension that our man Legend mentioned. It seems that many are too quick to put stock in the B&P summary despite evidence since day 1 that B&P is Beta and rife with errors. No one wants to believe our man on the inside who has been crawling on the Broncos since day 1 inside MAP.
Do you recall if Legend confirmed there was something different in the rear causing a slight lift and the appearance of some rake?

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you recall if Legend confirmed there was something different in the rear causing a slight lift and the appearance of some rake?
I specifically asked him for more information and got diddly in response.

Edit: photo so it did happen

Screenshot_20210504-054137_Samsung Internet.jpg

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I specifically asked him for more information and got diddly in response.

Edit: photo so it did happen

Ford Bronco Tow Package contents / components? Screenshot_20210504-054137_Samsung Internet
Just what I couldn’t find or recall. Thanks for reposting. My wording is obviously wrong and Legend has been amazing with the info. It’s doubtful that I’ll tow much so perhaps an aftermarket hitch will save time possibly waiting, money and avoid a leveling kit too.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You mean him actually stating the rake that people were complaining about is due to an adjustment to the base suspension? He didn't enumerate exactly what is done or what components are adjusted. But he has been clear that the rake is intentional to accommodate the expected towing weight. Stock Hoss suspension --> Hoss w/ Tow --> Badlands --> Sasquatch.
Sponsored