Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage Limited 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

In the end o got a Bronco without the tow package. Is that a pretty simple thing to resolve post. Receiving the vehicle? I guess what I’m asking is, is it just electrical wiring and a hitch? Or does change other things in the vehicle too?
Sponsored

rgroadking

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

its really simple. Order the hitch and the wiring harness to connect into both sets of back tail lights. Lastly is the power by running a red/hot wire to the battery (POS+) terminal, and lastly connecting the ground (black wire) to a metal bolt or drill a small hole under the back bumper area -- into metal and your done.

graham5david

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you just bought a new bronco from. Ford you probably have enough ford pass points to pay for the hitch and most if the install. That's what I did. I think I was out $80 when it was all done.

OP
OP
0FFR0AD

0FFR0AD

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage Limited 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you just bought a new bronco from. Ford you probably have enough ford pass points to pay for the hitch and most if the install. That's what I did. I think I was out $80 when it was all done.
First Ford I bought in 20yrs. This is something I knew nothing about but looked and I have 42k points from buying the vehicle! Definitely gonna check this option out. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you trying to do the trailer brake? If you are get ready for brain damage from your dealer.

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This^^^. Buy the Curt hitch, easily install it yourself and use your points to buy the wiring harness through Ford Accessories with the $120 dealer install.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The receiver is a 20 minute install - drop the rear bumper and bolt it up.

The wiring harness… plan a day. Not hard, but have to pull most of the drivers side and all of the rear of the interior apart and pull the rear light assembly if you do it per OEM instructions.

Jmanly

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For a trailer brake, use the Curt bluetooth one. Works great.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the Curt hitch and did not need to drop the bumper. The physical hitch bolted up in ten minutes. I did not install the hitch for towing, just for cargo extender, and bike racks.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the end o got a Bronco without the tow package. Is that a pretty simple thing to resolve post. Receiving the vehicle? I guess what I’m asking is, is it just electrical wiring and a hitch? Or does change other things in the vehicle too?
Search Ford 7 pin tow harness. this is the way to go. Also get the ford factory trailer brake control if you want trailer brakes.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its really simple. Order the hitch and the wiring harness to connect into both sets of back tail lights. Lastly is the power by running a red/hot wire to the battery (POS+) terminal, and lastly connecting the ground (black wire) to a metal bolt or drill a small hole under the back bumper area -- into metal and your done.
That might be model dependent. I put Ford’s kit on my ‘23 and nothing had to be run to the battery that includes the brake controller. I had to plug 3 or 4 terminals into connectors above the LF wheel well and run the harness along an existing harness back to the hitch. It took an afternoon, mainly due to removing the interior panels and back bumper. After programming, you have trailer sway control, trailer light check, everything just like a factory installed tow package.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That might be model dependent. I put Ford’s kit on my ‘23 and nothing had to be run to the battery that includes the brake controller. I had to plug 3 or 4 terminals into connectors above the LF wheel well and run the harness along an existing harness back to the hitch. It took an afternoon, mainly due to removing the interior panels and back bumper. After programming, you have trailer sway control, trailer light check, everything just like a factory installed tow package.
Did you install the 7 pin?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I could be wrong but I thought for MY24, the tow package would only be a dealer install. If that's the case, I would imagine that there would be some pre-wiring done to the rear. I wouldn't think they'd be having dealers doing a 6 hour install.
Sponsored