Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hopefully it includes an HD trans cooler along with the hitch and harness.
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hopefully it includes an HD trans cooler along with the hitch and harness.
You know what though, Iā€™m thinking Iā€™d rather have it not come with anything. That means that the alternator and trans is already beefed up enough not to need the extra stuff.
In this case, you are free to add your own hitch and wiring for maybe $200. That would save a little $$$$. Just a thought.......

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I quizzed a friend of mine that recently ordered and purchased a Flex with a tow package...he replied that his Flex had wiring and receiver, but also had a larger trans cooler and possibly larger brakes...his vehicle is too new for us to check out the brakes, but he complained to the sales department at his dealer that it was missing a front "splitter" ...sales confirmed that the splitter on the Flex was omitted to make room for the trans cooler...on the Bronco, I sure hope they do something like that ( bigger trans cooler and bigger brakes) for the $600...can't see paying $600 for a wiring harness and receiver.
I doubt it will have any additional cooling. The $495 Ranger tow package only includes the 4/7 Pin wiring and the 2" receiver.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
You know what though, Iā€™m thinking Iā€™d rather have it not come with anything. That means that the alternator and trans is already beefed up enough not to need the extra stuff.
In this case, you are free to add your own hitch and wiring for maybe $200. That would save a little $$$$. Just a thought.......
I'm hoping this is how it is because factory tow pckg isn't avail in base. Hoping it is plug n play

Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The $600 price tag is speculation, but I expect it to be $400-500 and only include the hitch and wiring.

The advantage of the factory tow package is the wiring and hitch are well integrated into the rear bumper usually. Compared to my 2013 explorer and 2019 flex, the after market hitches hang down lower compared to the factory one integrated through the bumper cover. I remember ordering the tow package on my explorer and it was specifically noted the 3.5 Ecoboost did not include any additional coolers (apparently only needed on the non Ecoboost variants) and that cost about $450.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you know which one you are getting? The Pakmule Sway Back looks amazing but it's $795. I know it's solid aluminium TIG welded in the US, but that is still a lot of money. I wish there was something in between the $100-$200 garbage racks on Amazon and the Pakmule.

Here's the Pakmule Sway Back:

https://pakmule.com/product/pakmule-sway-back/
Iā€™ve been running this one on our grand Cherokee for a couple of years now:

ROLA 59502 Vortex Steel Cargo Carrier, Hitch-Mount, High-Capacity Basket (2-Inch Receivers) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016I8E1M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9RutFb1GHD8XX

I added the light kit and got a waterproof cargo bag to fit that size too. I think all in was about 400 and that rack is decent. Itā€™slittle heavy for what it is. You also have to assemble it but putting it together and adding the light kit took me maybe an hour.

Only thing really annoying is moving your license plate onto the carrier because the cargo blocks your plate. The holes they build in donā€™t accept and threaded bolts Iā€™ve ever seen used for a plate. I just ZIP tie mine back there for the Trip.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Frequently OEM tow packages will also include a Tow/Haul switch with different transmission shift points better optimized for towing in addition to hitch and wiring. There may be more to it than just a Curt hitch and $5.50 worth of wiring and connectors.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Frequently OEM tow packages will also include a Tow/Haul switch with different transmission shift points better optimized for towing in addition to hitch and wiring. There may be more to it than just a Curt hitch and $5.50 worth of wiring and connectors.
Not just different shift points, but also activating "trailer sway control."

This is from the Ford site. Looks like a Towing toggle button in the middle of the drive mode selector. No tow buttons to be found, I'm an idiot.... Other pre-production shots show what looks like a Hill Dissent Control button in the same place. This may be a difference when adding the "tow" package.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Ford Bronco Towing package content? Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 16.19.19

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not just different shift points, but also activating "trailer sway control."

This is from the Ford site. Looks like a Towing toggle button in the middle of the drive mode selector. Other pre-production shots show what looks like a Hill Dissent Control button in the same place. This may be a difference when adding the "tow" package.

Ford Bronco Towing package content? Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 16.19.19
Doesn't look like a towing toggle to me. Looks like some sort of uneven terrain button.

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn't look like a towing toggle to me. Looks like some sort of uneven terrain button.
Is that the sway bar disconnect switch on the BL or is that somewhere else?

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At first glance it does look like a tow mode button(looks like the small trailer emblem Iā€™ve seen on different tow/haul buttons), but looking closer you are right, itā€™s a bronco silhouette not a trailer silhouette.
Granted not sure what fords tow/haul buttons look like, but this is what I was thinking it looked similar to